Nelson and Jenn's wonderful journey...

Yep! :cool1:

Perhaps Jen and Nelson could adopt us! Sort of like a two for one special! :thumbsup2

I'd ask which one is the good brother and which one is the evil brother, but I already know the answer to that one.

Oh, Jen honey...:hug: :hug: :hug: to you!
I'm sorry I didn't see this yesterday.
I just got a chance to read your post, and I have to say that you are definitely in one of "those situations"!
I can so totally feel for you right now!
First, let me say that although I don't really have an answer for you, I can tell you that I too began feeling like being a mom was just not something that God had in the plans for me...It's really really difficult to suffer month after month of failed attempts and still keep your chin up! I know those awful thoughts that consume your days and keep you up at night. I've been there. But I have a feeling that you and your DH WILL be parents, and you'll be GREAT ones!! :goodvibes

My first piece of advice is to follow your heart. You won't go wrong.
Jen and I went through many many months of failed IUI's before we finally decided (for sanity's sake and the sake of our financial future) that we needed to stop trying. IVF was never an option for us because it was not covered, and we had already sunk so much money into the IUI's. I'd have to say that if IVF had been an option, we probably would have given it a try.
I can't say that this is the route you should take, but I certainly wouldn't judge you for trying!
As for us, it just so happens that the situation that we're in now is EXACTLY where God wanted us to be. :goodvibes
Try to lighten up on yourself. You know in your heart that you and your DH are ready for this. No matter how you go about becoming parents, you'll get there. I know you have a strong faith in God. Use that. Talk to God. And follow your heart. It will lead you in the right direction.

Good Luck, and keep us posted! :grouphug:
-Christal

PS...Also, in regards to the issue of giving up your freedom to have a baby: This was something I also struggled with BIG TIME!! I felt like a selfish oaf, but I wondered how I would ever be able to give up that freedom. As soon as she was here, though, it was easy! I love spending time with her, and when I want to pick up and go somewhere, I just take her along. It's not as tough as you think it'll be. ;)

Jenn,

You know my favorite kid in the whole world is adopted, as well as her brother!

Wally, did you miss this part? Or are you ok with it? :rotfl2:

I was adopted! :eek:

... And I have a brother! :eek:

:scared:

Yep! :cool1:

Perhaps Jen and Nelson could adopt us! Sort of like a two for one special! :thumbsup2

Sure! :thumbsup2

Just what I always wanted...

I'd ask which one is the good brother and which one is the evil brother, but I already know the answer to that one.

We all do, Rob. ;)

At just $500.00 I would give the IVF a try.

Our partner and I chose adoption for our first child (we plan on having more) after trying IUI a few times. I just know that the first time my baby smiled at me I was totally in love, it was like my heart grew almost out of my chest. There's NO DOUBT he's ours.

I don't know you, but after reading a few of your posts I think you will be a good a caring mother. Good luck.

Hey! :mad: I'm good.
Well I'm good at some things.
And with a few stretching exercises I flipping great!

Hi, Jenn. I don't post here much at all, but I do lurk a lot, because everyone on here seems so great. From what I have read from you, and b/c you have all your concerns, I can tell that you will be a great mommy! The not-great moms wouldn't worry about things like that. They wouldn't care. You will be a wonderful mommy to YOUR child, no matter how that child comes into your life.

By the way, I was adopted as an infant, and my parents are my heroes! Best wishes to you and Nelson. You will be in my prayers.

Kit

I like you Kit....you should post more often. :hug:

I also don't post here but do lurk. I find myself over on this board quite often and I love all of your sense of humor and I've also read some very touching stories.

When I got pregnant with my son the dr's were shocked that I was able to get pregnant because of hormone issues. My Dh and I were only 23 so we were ready to have kids but not desperate yet so we didn't really realize how long it took. I had had one complication after another with that pregnancy but 3 years later I wanted to do it again. I wasn't able to conceive the second time for a year and went to my dr. We were prepared to do all the treatments you suggested. Luckily after 3 clomid treatments I was pregnant. If I hadn't conceived I would have tried IFV at least once. Since you only need to spend $500 I would try it and that way you don't have that "What if" question in the back of your mind.

As for adoption, there are many children who need a great family and I would also look in to that process. I have heard of couples who struggle with fertility, start the adoption process only to find suddenly they're pregnant!

Good Luck!

:eek: Exactly how many lurkers do we have?!?!?!?:confused3

Seriously, all you lurkers should POST more! We won't bite!

(Well, Rosie might, but she's had her shots, so it's okay)

To be honest, I never thought of visiting the Gay and Lesbian boards but one day a post caught my eye and I came over here. The rest of that day I read through tons of posts and love the banter back and forth and the fact that you seem like a family over here. I loved reading through your Disney Wedding thread.

To be honest, I never thought of visiting the Gay and Lesbian boards but one day a post caught my eye and I came over here. The rest of that day I read through tons of posts and love the banter back and forth and the fact that you seem like a family over here. I loved reading through your Disney Wedding thread.

Cool! I'm glad. :yay:

And join in the banter. It's fun.::yes::

Jenn - I think the fact that your IVF would be covered is an excellent reason to try it. If it doesn't work then you pursue adoption. Or you have a biological baby and adopt another child later. Or whatever. There is almost never one perfect answer. :hug:

My friend did an IVF cycle, it failed, they adopted a little girl. Then she got pregnant with a biological DD about a year or so later. You just never know.

Hi Jenn,
Count me as another person who frequently lurks but rarely posts (I am totally lacking in the wit and banter gene so figure my posts would be pathetic--but I love reading it:upsidedow ). Anway, like hte others I also feel like I know ou from your posts and have to chime in with everyone else and tell you that you will be an awesome mom and please stop doubting yourself.:hug: As to the question of IVF or adoption--well the only advice is to follow your heart (real origianl, I know). Stop trying to be "logical" and jsut go with what feels right--it is okay to follow your gut (you will have to trust your insticnts often as a parent--might as well start now). Best of luck to you no matter what you decide:goodvibes Children are very time consuming and stress induce and (for those who want them--I totally repsect those who do nto wnat to be parents making such a choice:thumbsup2 ) are also absolutely, positivly worth every lost moment of sleep and every greay hair:rolleyes: My own tow "babies" are 10 and 12 at the moment--just turned in for the night and the thought for a breif moment toda ytaht I could have lost them was the worst feeling of terror I have ever expereinced. The feel of you I have gotten form your posts is that you will love being a mom and any child will be lucky to be YOUR child (and Nelson's too!).

I frequently lurk, but only post on ABD (going to China-HOORAY!). I just want to offer support for difficulty becoming a mom. My favorite people in the whole world were adopted...they are our daughters! We went through the infertility thing, too and rode the emotional roller coaster. It was very difficult and expensive.

One night I decided since we couldn't have a baby, I would adopt another golden retriever. I googled "adopt golden retriever" and the adoption agency's site was the first choice. It was the first step on the road to the best thing that EVER happened to us. Adoption is an amazing gift that is better than anything I can imagine. Having two beautiful people call me Mama is a dream come true.

So, whatever you decide, I hope that someone very soon looks at you and calls you Mama!!

Hi, Jenn. I don't post here much at all, but I do lurk a lot, because everyone on here seems so great. Kit

I also don't post here but do lurk. I find myself over on this board quite often and I love all of your sense of humor and I've also read some very touching stories.

Hi Jenn,
Count me as another person who frequently lurks but rarely posts (I am totally lacking in the wit and banter gene so figure my posts would be pathetic--but I love reading it:upsidedow )

I frequently lurk, but only post on ABD

Every single one of you are welcome whether you post or not..but please know that we are a very welcoming group to newbies. People "let me in" here quicker than any other forum here at the Dis.
As for worrying you won't be funny or witty enough..Rob is pretty banal but we love him anyway...

Jack's girl is a pain too...and we still let her stay...;)

Hey! That's my gay crush you're calling banal! :mad:

Why! There must be 3 or 4 Robs on this board..it was you who assumed that I meant "our" Rob.........:rolleyes1

(newbies note: this is fictional catty banter...we save the real stuff for Fridays)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter