Negative Press for Disneyland

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, would you say that this person misreported facts?

https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-food-situation-is-not-good-at-the-disneyland-resort.3860139/
If not, why not? The writer didn't say, "Everyone's experience is awful." Most travel writers I've read (though I'm not sure that's his position at SFGate) write about their experience and it's rare that people jump on them and say, "You went to Disney World and not Disneyland."
It doesn't match my experience from my Disneyland visit that occurred September 28th - October 1st. That's all I can say.

It doesn't match my experience from the September 28th - October 1st. That's all I can say.
And that's fair - to me, that's a really responsible way of wording things. I feel like the lesson of this message board should be "This was my experience - but all experiences are different," and yet I'm amazed how often people are like, "This is how it is!"

How did you find racism in that post? Did you quote the wrong one?

This is common logic in American internet culture right now: Person A says person B is wrong. If person B is not white, person A is racist. It does not matter what the nature of the disagreement was because any disagreement with historically marginalized groups is racism.

"Why make it so expensive that minorities just avoid the place altogether?"
Seriously, I think that this statement was the most racist, ignorant thing I've heard in a long time!

And I thought you could do 7:00 AM ROR reservations off site, no?

Why do people go to Disneyland and expect it to be how it was when they were in high school, or college, or even in 2019? Elsewhere, shopping isn't the same, restaurants aren't the same, entertainment isn't the same, the world is not the same. Even if you want to negate the pandemic affect and say it doesn't/shouldn't matter anymore, well, IT DOES!
Such a strange article from a strange way to think.

For what it's worth SFGate has been publishing less than flattering articles about DL since they reopened after the pandemic. I don't remember this much coverage on Disneyland pre-pandemic. Most of the articles I've read in the past don't seem to be written by people that visit the parks often or know the parks very well; there rarely is any thoughtful insight, so much so that I don't bother reading the articles anymore. In general, SFGate articles tend to push certain agendas and Disneyland seems to be their new punching bag. I just skim the title of the article, roll my eyes and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter