Need suggestions for a romantic dinner

dhearn

Earning My Ears
We will be at the world for just a short weekend trip in January and she has never been before so I am trying to impress her. I have thought about the California Grill, but neither one of us is into food quite that fancy. We both have pretty simple tastes. I really only considered it because of the atmosphere, view and ability to see the fireworks. Can anyone make any suggestions on where else there might be for a romantic dinner for two? I would like all of the things if possible that the CG offers, just a different choice in menu.

Thanks in advance!

This is an excellent place to dine! The food and service are wonderful and the views are amazing!! I'm a pretty picky eater and found the food tasty. I did ask for the meal to be slightly modified (i.e. no sauce and plain green beans vs. whatever else was listed) and they did it with no problem. Be sure to try the Warm Valrhona Chocolate Cake. YUMMY!!!

Narcoosee's at the Grand Floridian has a nice view (albeit from a lower level!!) and the food there might better suit your taste? Citricos also has a few tables with a "view" but I'm not sure the menu could be called "plain".

But actually, I don't think the CG food is all that fancy--and just as an example, if the tamarind Sauce on the filet seems too much, just ask them not to put it on. You then have just a nice, plain filet--

We ate there this trip and I'm getting around to doing a review. One of the appetizers we had was a B-L-T flatbread--pretty basic, but quite good!!

I have to laugh at your post because DH and I were just discussing this same thing. We will be in WDW alone on our 10th anniversary and want something special. We love the idea of CG for Wishes, however the menu isnt really appealing to us. I was actually thing of exactly what Terk & Uncleromulus mentioned about having the sauce on the side of the filet since thats really the only thing I would eat there.
However we had a wonderful experience at YSH last year on our anniversary and knowing how good that food was, Im afraid I will be let down by CG. I guess Im debating food vs atmosphere.
Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter