Need some input

2goofycampers

Sounds like something a camping trip could cure!
As part of the American Pyrotechnic Association's 60th anniversary event, Walt Disney Entertainment will be presenting our biggest fireworks spectacular yet, "Welcome to our World" which invites the audience to celebrate One World, One Beat, One Voice, under One Sky! This show will utilize firing locations along the beach and grass near the 7-Seas Lagoon across the street from the Contemporary Resort. We will also utilize Fireworks island as a firing location. The show will take place on Saturday September 20th, 2008 at 9:30pm

Where is a good place to view these fireworks? Any advice?

It seems to me like anyplace around Bay Lake would be good. The beach at FW would probably have a great view, or the beach at the Poly or Contemporary.

Rhonda, do you know where "firework island" is? I've never heard of it??

"Fireworks Island" is a new one to me, too. Pssst....don't tell anyone...but there is an outside deck on the main shopping level of the Contemporary that is an outstanding place to view the fireworks. It's at the end by the liquor store. Shhh.....

Or you can join the otters on Discovery Island. Bring your own beer, otters don't share very well.

I know I won't be able to see it from my front porch! :confused3

As part of the American Pyrotechnic Association's 60th anniversary event, Walt Disney Entertainment will be presenting our biggest fireworks spectacular yet, "Welcome to our World" which invites the audience to celebrate One World, One Beat, One Voice, under One Sky! This show will utilize firing locations along the beach and grass near the 7-Seas Lagoon across the street from the Contemporary Resort. We will also utilize Fireworks island as a firing location. The show will take place on Saturday September 20th, 2008 at 9:30pm

Where is a good place to view these fireworks? Any advice?

Oh, my gosh. We were there one year when they had this convention. The fireworks were FANTASTIC! They did fireworks for 3 nights I think. We watched from the beach at FW. At that time they shot everything off from the other side of the Contemporary. It was between the Magic Kingdom and the Contemporary. If you have the chance to see this don't miss it! I wish we were going to be there. What we saw wasn't there 60th and they were better than any we have seen before.

Bump

I'm so excited about this show! Looks like we are either going to stay at FW, go to Poly or maybe even CR (thanks Deb!!) to watch these fireworks!

I did some research and I still haven't figured out where "Fireworks Island" is?:confused:

Bump

I'm so excited about this show! Looks like we are either going to stay at FW, go to Poly or maybe even CR (thanks Deb!!) to watch these fireworks!

I did some research and I still haven't figured out where "Fireworks Island" is?:confused:

Firework Island is between the TTC and the MK. They use it to do the 4th of July firework show. It's mirrored from the MK fireworks. You can see this island when you take the boat over from the fort to MK.

Firework Island is between the TTC and the MK. They use it to do the 4th of July firework show. It's mirrored from the MK fireworks. You can see this island when you take the boat over from the fort to MK.

Thanks Donnie...I'm going to have to look at a map. I know the area they are speaking of that is the grassy/beach area across the road from CR...I see a lot of fishing excursions there when we take the boat over to MK. From the location you speak of for Fireworks Island...it sounds like GF or maybe Poly will be a PRIME spot to watch the show!

Denise and Frank,

Will you also be there for this?

WDW Celebrations Signature Event: Planning to be in Walt Disney World at the end of September? The people who brought you Celebration 25 (Epcot's 25th Anniversary) and A Wild Decade (celebrating Animal Kingdom's 10th Anniversary) are now hosting World Wide Weekend, September 26-28, 2008.

Friday's events take place in the Magic Kingdom and include a "History Walk," group rides, and fun at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party (separate admission required). Saturday moves to Epcot with an afternoon scavenger hunt taking place in World Showcase, and of course, the opportunity to browse the Food and Wine Festival. On Sunday, activities will be split between Animal Kingdom and Disney's Hollywood Studios. Registration for World Wide Weekend will close on Friday, September 19, 2008, at midnight. You must register (free) to participate in any events sponsored by WDW Celebrations. Deb Wills and members of the AllEars team will be on hand, participating at some of the WDW Celebrations events, so be sure to say hello!

Thanks Donnie...I'm going to have to look at a map. I know the area they are speaking of that is the grassy/beach area across the road from CR...I see a lot of fishing excursions there when we take the boat over to MK. From the location you speak of for Fireworks Island...it sounds like GF or maybe Poly will be a PRIME spot to watch the show!

I'm thinking the GF beach and a blanket, Sonya.

I hope the GF is a good spot for this. We were already planning on watching the water parade and wishes, but then I heard about this on todays Podcast. Does anyone know how it will affect the water parade schedule? The podcast said Wishes would go off after this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter