Need reassurance! OKW!

Unofficial627

Mouseketeer
Having booked the OKW and little while ago, I was just wondering if this was a good choice. We booked a 1-bedroom. Is this big enough for two adults, one teen, and a 3-year-old? I would just like some feedback from anyone. Thanks a lot!!!! :D

A one bedroom unit is awesome and huge (almost 1,000 square feet). You will have a living room with a fold-out sofa bed (queen size) and a love seat, a full kitchen (furnished with stove, refrigerator with ice maker, microwave and dishwasher, dishes and pots and pans), a large dining table with 4 chairs, a laundry room with full size washer and dryer, a very large bathroom with a large shower, a master bedroom with a king size bed, a tub area with a separate sink and a whirlpool tub.
Here's a link to the DIS page about OKW.
I don't have a link to a picture page, but I'm sure someone will post one.

OKW is a very nice resort. You will also have a very nice balcony which extends your area. If your family wants to swim often, they are redoing the quiet pools one at a time. 2 weeks ago the Turtle Pond pool was closed. I think they will all be finished by early June. Your family would also enjoy the boat ride to Downtown Disney one evening.

OKW is our home resort and we have been there 10 times since 1994. You will love the one bedroom! It is very spacious and you will also love having your car right infront of the building! We have not had an area or building we did not like. Our favorites are on Miller's road 19 or 20, but if you need an elevator(there are usually three levels per building) you can try to ask for 62, 63, 64. Both of these areas are close to HH. Buildings 11-14 are right in front of HH but I have found that you may have to wait at that bus stop if busses are full. It is also a very busy area. I never ask for a specific area, only non-smoking and we have enjoyed all the areas. Have fun and enjoy the atmosphere!
Connears
PS the boat to DD is very relaxing and convenient.

Unofficial627, I adore OKW and have stayed there many times. I would not hesitate to tell anyone to stay there. I especially love OKW's main pool area. It is usually not very busy (especially late at night when I primarily swim) and quite large.

The OKW one-bedroom villas are quite large. My husband (the runt in our family), myself (the tall one), and our teenaged son (very tall) and young daughter (tall for her age) have all fit in a one-bedroom villa quite nicely. I should mention that we normally book studios when we stay there. In the studio, we have plenty of room. And in the villas, we have way more room than we need. Have no fear, your family will fit nicely in a villa at OKW. Enjoy your vacation.

After you vacation in a one bedroom at OKW, you will never be happy staying at a regular hotel, again!

Originally posted by AZKathy
After you vacation in a one bedroom at OKW, you will never be happy staying at a regular hotel, again!

biglaugh.gif
biggthumpup.gif

OKW is my new favorite resort. We stayed there for the first time in March and we're going back in June. I have a LOT of pictures from

the resort to a 1-bedroom villa to a studio villa.

http://www.***********.com/d9bd0eb0.jpg

http://www.***********.com/d9dd0f60.jpg

http://www.***********.com/d9fd0040.jpg

OKW was our first DVC home. We have stayed in a 2 bedroom, one bedroom and studio. You will love your one bedroom. Spacious, quiet, relaxing. Ditto on the boatride to DTD. Your teen will be close to Disney Quest this way.

We bought last Spring at Beach Club and were lucky enough to be there on July 1st when it opened. We only had three nights, though. By July 4th they were booked and we had to move over to OKW. I was really disappointed as Beach Club was SO nice... I said to dh, "This place will be a hard act to follow." OKW surprised me. It is simply gorgeous, and as I have said here before, it has a quiet magic all its own. Lush and green and sooooo relaxing. The rooms are beautiful and sunny and colorful and the grounds are beyond description. I think you and your family will LOVE it! It never feels crowded and everyone is smiling and friendly and casual. Careful... you may never want to stay anywhere else!

You could not have made a better choice than OKW!!;)

Just don't be surprised if a few months after your WDW trip, us other DVC members are saying "Welcome Home". Once you stay with DVC it's hard to go back to the regular hotel rooms.

Enjoy the 1 bdrm villa - you'll absolutely love it!!:D

Thank you all so much for the positive reenforcement! Know I know that the family made a great choice! Now, the only problem is waiting to get there... but, I have a feeling it will be worth it! Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter