Need prayers and good thoughts for Kevin's Mom today * Update 5/8/11*

We are thinking of your Mom Kevin!!!
Hugs and see you soon so i can hug you IRL!!!!!

I know we have been asking for more than our share of prayers and good thoughts lately but we need to tap that well one more time.

Kevin’s Mom is back in the hospital and is going to have surgery today. It is considered 'minor' but in her condition we need all the help we can get to make sure all goes well.

If you can take a minute today to send some good thoughts Kevin’s Moms way it would be appreciated.
Please keep us posted prayers for her and you and Kevin as you help her through this recovery.

Val & I have her in our thoughts. :grouphug:

And our thoughts are also with Kevin and John - know that you always have support here.

Positive thoughts, prayers and pixie dust for your mom, and you and John.

Hi Folks....

I'm not a violent person, but I could beat someone with a stick right now.

When my Mom was re-admitted to the hospital last evening, it was suggested that we agree to this surgery and that it should be done today.

I asked the DR if we should wait and allow my Mom to get IV fluids, meds and other stuff to get her to a more stable place.

I was told no, no, no....we should do this tomorrow.

After no food or water (and she's dehydrated) since midnight last night, they wait until late afternoon to prep for this surgery. Part of the prep was an arterial blood gas test ( a fancy blood test from what I can tell).

Seconds before she was taken in to the operating room, the DR (the same one from last night) tells me that the test shows that she's dehydrated, needs IV fluids, meds and other stuff.

I ashamed to share the thoughts that went through my mind.

My Mom's surgery has been put off until she's more stable.

The fact that I'm not in the county jail right now should be proof that I have reached maturity.

Thanks again for your prayers, good thoughts and for keeping my family in your hearts.

Hi Folks....

When my Mom was re-admitted to the hospital last evening, it was suggested that we agree to this surgery and that it should be done today.

I aksed the DR if we should wait and allow my Mom to get IV fluids, meds and other stuff to get her to a more stable place.

After no food or water (and she's dehydrated) since midnight last night, they wait until late afternoon to prep for this surgery. Part of the prep was an arterial blood gas test ( a fancy blood test from what I can tell).

Seconds before she was taken in to the operating room, the DR (the same one from last night) tells me that the test shows that she's dehydrated, needs IV fluids, meds and other stuff.

The fact that I'm not in the county jail right now should be proof that I have reached maturity.

Thanks again for your prayers, good thoughts and for keeping my family in your hearts.

:mad:

I was about to write a long thing about how bad communication can be in a hospital, and then I re-read it that it was the SAME doctor. Holy crap.

The question is...are we getting smarter or doctor's getting dumber!! It shouldn't be so scary to go to the hospital. :mad:

Positive thoughts and prayers

Hi Folks....

I asked the DR if we should wait and allow my Mom to get IV fluids, meds and other stuff to get her to a more stable place.

Wow! :sad2: Many prayers for your Mom. I hope she feels better soon.

I am so sorry to hear she was put through a day without food and water- all for nothing!

I am very glad to hear you are not in the county jail. Congrats- you should be proud you didn't pummel him on the spot. I sure would have been tempted...
Maybe mom can do that herself when she's feeling better. :rolleyes1

In any event- I would suggest you speak to the hospital ombudsman, or your care plan coordinator. This is unacceptable. in my opinion.

OMG. I can't imagine how you kept your cool with that. :eek: Did John have to pull you down off the ceiling?

At least it does sound like the right decision, even if it is a day late.

Still :rolleyes2

THat is just awful. Best of luck to her in the apparently trying days ahead. I hope she has a speedy recovery and that you can continue your restraint :thumbsup2

Hope your mom gets better soon
We will keep your mom, John and you in our prayers
:tinker::grouphug:

I'm continuing my prayers for Kevin's Mom who I care about very much. I haven't stopped prayers for her since the awful day she lost her hubby.
Kevin there is a bright side to this, at least she's out of that place!!!
Love to you. You know how to reach me if you need me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter