• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need Help Deciding!

iwantpeace

Earning My Ears
Hello! We are trying to decide between a 1 bedroom standard view Boardwalk Villas OR 1 bedroom Animal Kingdom - Jambo standard view. We have never stayed at either resort. Which would you choose and why? I would love to hear the pros and cons. 2 adults, 2 tween daughters. Thanks!!!

We own at AKV and are staying at the Boardwalk this fall for the first time. We love AKV, the animals, the pool area, Kidani is a quick walk away, the Mara in Jambo house and no long hallways to walk down!

I'm also excited to stay at the Boardwalk, we will be there during food and wine and we can walk to two parks! So way less bus riding. We usually rent a car but we've decided not to this trip because of the easy walks from the boardwalk to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. The pool there doesn't excite me as much though and I'm worried about getting a room way far away from the lobby, but I think we will enjoy our time there.

Both resorts are great, you can't go wrong with either.

Unless your kids really want to see the animals, I would go for BWV because I feel there is more to do in the Epcot Resort area without needing to use transportation.

I would vote for BWV. I haven't stayed at either but my husband and I talked about staying @ BWV for our next trip. I just think it's nicer with a better location that the other.

BWV all the way~ walking access to 2 parks, nightly entertainment, endless dining options, & BWV is awesome. Disclosure- I am not a fan of AKV. Not enough dining options, no walking access to parks, too spread out, and been there done that after 1 visit.

We own at both. Love them each for different reasons. If you are using points you will have a parking lot view at BWV and a pool or re-classified savanna view at Jambo. I don't think you can go wrong with either. Both are beautiful resorts.

Easy access to Epcot or HS is great reason for a BWV choice.

Being immersed in the African theme is the allure for AKV. The animals are always amusing. There are a lot of cultural activities. I think better food options at AKV. Our experience has been that the staff are the most friendly CMs we have come across at Disney.

We find that when we stay at AKV we spend more time at the resort rather then the parks. We definitely make more visits to Epcot and HS when we stay at BWV.

Really don't think you can go wrong with either.

Have you though about a 1bd at Kidani? There would be 2 bathrooms, which could come in handy with 3 women :)

The only negative for BWV is the lack of CS in the hotel. The bakery and pizza counter are ok, but Mara has more in terms of "hot" meals.

I think either resort you have the chance of getting a long walk. I'd put in a request for close to lobby.

I would do a 1 bedroom standard view in Kidani because of the 2 bathrooms, plus there's a sleeper chair, so the girls don't have to sleep together.

My vote would be AKV-Kidani. Besides the two bathrooms, there is a serene peacefulness to Kidani that you don't get with any of the other DVC resorts I've stayed at (almost all of them). It is a nice contrast to the heat, crowds, and hustle-bustle of the parks. And there is something very cool about having the animals there. I second the comment about the friendliest CMs around. They really knock it out of the park as far as friendliness, warmth, and service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter