• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

need help booking thanksgiving day meal?

Poprivet

Mouseketeer
We arrive on thanksgiving day. just about everything is booked. we did manage a 4:15 for a party of 6 at Tusker house. we would prefer 4:00pm at HoopDeeDoo but nothing is available right now. I know I can keep checking for a cancelation at hoopdeedoo BUT, will having another reservation at 4:15 keep me from checking for an opening at hoopdeedoo? do I have to give up my tusker house res. before I can look for an opening at hoop for that same timeframe?
I don't want to lose tusker if I can't get hoop...??

TIA

steve

We arrive on thanksgiving day. just about everything is booked. we did manage a 4:15 for a party of 6 at Tusker house. we would prefer 4:00pm at HoopDeeDoo but nothing is available right now. I know I can keep checking for a cancelation at hoopdeedoo BUT, will having another reservation at 4:15 keep me from checking for an opening at hoopdeedoo? do I have to give up my tusker house res. before I can look for an opening at hoop for that same timeframe?
I don't want to lose tusker if I can't get hoop...??

TIA

steve

Set up an alert on the Touring Plans website.

https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/reservation-finder

Having an existing ADR doesn't stop you from checking yourself, either. Good luck! We saw many openings pop up before Thanksgiving last year.

Thanks, SaintManiac. already have the alert set up. Good to hear you saw things open up last year... thats our hope as we love hoopdeedoo with the grandkids..

You can look for reservations at the same time that you have something booked already. If you try to book something else at the same time (or within a certain window), the online system prompts you to cancel your existing one before you can finalize the new one.

Thanksgiving is a busy day. I think grabbing a reservation for something else is a good idea, in case you don't ever snag what you really want.

Also, if you have an approximate number of people, it's ok to book something. Just book for the highest number likely to be joining you. You can amend it in the future. Also, you won't pay a penalty if less show up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter