Need Chicago info/tips: going in Feb: please help if you can

Puffy2

DIS Veteran
I have a trip planned for early Feb. in Chicago. I know...COLD.

Does anyone recommend a town car/limo company for the Chicago area? (looking for transport from Midway).

We have booked the House of Blues Hotel (Loews) on N. Dearborn near the Mag. Mile.

Any tips on the Gospel Brunch at the House of Blues? How do you get a good table for this?

Any other great tips?

My suggestion is American Taxi - people have used them to get to a hotel in the burbs for a conference we were hosting and were very pleased with them. You should call the hotel and see if they have a shuttle from the hotel and if they have the taxi number.

I don't have the number that we had people call but here are 3 different numbers to try. Like I said above you can also all the hotel and see if they have the number.

American Taxi (708) 424-7878 Oak Lawn IL, 60453
American Taxi (708) 343-7733 Melrose Park IL, 60160
American Taxi (847) 671-1133 Franklin Park IL, 60131

Wish I could help, but I think we have several DIS members who live around Chicago.

I agree w/December99 on American Taxi...very efficient and convenient out of Midway. Much less 4 than Limo service as well. You can request a van pick up if you need the room. I have only been to H.O.B. for concerts (Tower of Power was AWESOME there!) but we did grab a drink in the hotel lounge afterward. The decor is pretty funky...I think it's cool. Not sure at all about the Brunch...I would call the hotel and ask about it. Do you have a LOEWS first card? Call 1-800-LOEWS12 (563-9712) You will recieve a few perks upon check in...sm bottle of wine, or milk and cookies, or fruit basket I think...go to Loews.com and you'll find the info. Earn credits to a free stay etc. Also, since Feb. is the "off" season here, call and see if you can get the entertainment book rate....it may be available...poss. only S-TH, but may cut a bit of $ off your bill. I will think of more later,
Pam

Can't really answer any of your specific questions but be sure to visit the Museum of Science and Industry. I know it doesn't sound very exciting but it is one the very best museums on earth...very interactive!

I know that American has vans and station wagons because I've seen them on the interstate. The only way you would get a town car or limo is to do a search on limos in the area or call the hotel to see if they have any lists they can give you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter