Need BWV room advice

T

teacherdog

We have switched our upcoming trip from WLV to the Boardwalk. (Thought with shortened hours we would be better off closer to Epcot and MGM where we want to spend most of our time.) I have really appreciated the advise of people on the DIS. Now I need advice about non-smoking 1 brdm. units that would have a water and Epcot view. I am especially interested in the corner units with covered balconies. Any suggestions on numbers to look out for? (I understand that an a non-DVC guest I will only get to choose from what is left. Just sort of dreaming big.) Thanks in advance for your help.

Not sure whether you are standard or preferred view. As to preferred, the only rooms that have both a water and Epcot view are the rooms with a boardwalk view. The rooms there with covered porches are over the Big River Grill (studios and 1 BR's, which can become 2BR's, and the general store (mostly Grand Villas). I believe any corner rooms there (at the corner of the center courtyard and boardwalk) would be Grand Villas. The best view of Epcot in that area are not the rooms at the corner or overlooking the courtyard; they are the ones over the Big River Grill and the DVC Sales office. If you want a 1 BR with a covered porch and the best view of Epcot then you want one over the Big River Grill. But you are talking about 6 1BR's total that are non-smoking and thus it will likely be hard to get.

As to Standard View, most of those overlook the front entrance or road leading to it (no water) but many on upper floors can see the high layer of Epcot fireworks although you would be looking over the Boardwalk Inn rooms on the other side of the entranceway. There are corner 1BR's at the end of the line of rooms overlooking the roadway to the front entrance from which you can get that same type of view of Epcot and also see MGM and part of the lagoon leading to it. I do not know their numbers but you are talking about 4 to 5 1BR's total and less than that because for the Epcot fireworks view you need upper floor. In other words, one may be very hard to get upon request.

Understand you have more chances of getting a room if you limit it to one request in addition to non-smoking, like boardwalk view or other view. If you try to give them three requests (like boardwalk view, covered porch, high floor) you have a good chance of getting none of those or ending up in an entirely different are of the resort than requested.

drusba:
Thanks for your detailed reply. We are not really that picky, I was just trying to get a feel for the general lay-out. All the maps I have seen don't really show what direction Epcot and MGM are from the villas. We have guaranteed non-smoking and I have asked for an upper floor. That's it. I just noticed in some of the pictures how nice the closed balcony looked and someone else mentioned that the
corner rooms were a little bigger. We will be happy no matter what we get I'm sure. After all, we are going to be in WDW! :pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter