nations or dreams?

DisneyJade

Two decades on the DIS, lurking and learning
i've always thought the parade at epcot was called tapestry of dreams, but lately i've read a lot of board messages referring to the tapestry of nations. which is it? are they different parades? did the name change recently? any info would ease my puzzled mind. thanks

It was called Tapestry of Nations during the 2000 Celebration. After the celebration ended Disney updated it with slightly different music and added children from different countries to the dialog and renamed it to Tapestry of Dreams.

At least this is what I know.

Hope it helps!
Bryant:D

Gail, you are absolutely right. Tapestry of Nations was amazing. I thought it was very deep and meaningful.
Tapestry of Dreams is still very nice and I do like it a lot, but it doesn't carry as much depth for me.
I'm glad I've got Tapestry of Nations on video!

I hate to talk anti-Disney, but the "Dreams" parade was such a let down. It lasted maybe 15 minutes if that. Maybe I was comparing it too much to "Nations" in 2000. If you have any plans and can't fit this parade in, IMHO I wouldn't waste your time.:(

But anything else in Epcot was truly wonderful!

I hate to talk anti-Disney, but the "Dreams" parade was such a let down. It lasted maybe 15 minutes if that. Maybe I was comparing it too much to "Nations" in 2000. If you have any plans and can't fit this parade in, IMHO I wouldn't waste your time.:(

But anything else in Epcot was truly wonderful!

TON is way better than TOD! TON gave me an emotional lift and I just loved the music and the Sage of Time was a cool way to start and end the parade. The Dreamcatcher is scarry! Wish they would go back to TON it fits the epcot theaming better.

Count me in as another vote for Nations over Dreams. Nations would be so much more appropriate for the times we're in now. Please Disney, bring it back!

It seems to me like practically the same parade. The music is the same, the puppets are the same. They added voice-overs that detract from the music a bit a couple of times, but for the most part there's not much difference.

Of course, we won't have EITHER version, soon, and that will be a huge disappointment. This parade IS Epcot, to me. I can't imagine being there at night and not hearing this music. I don't know why Disney feels that they have to make everything in all the parks identical. Who needs another parade based on the characters? All three other parks have that.

While the differences are more subtle than the difference between say, Spectro and the MSEP, the differences are still there. The narration in particular is out of place, and the whole "Dreams" concept does not fit World Showcase nearly as well as "Nations".

But yes, the puppets are the same or very similar, and the overall look of the parade is similar.

They used the same music that was in Nations, but they simply butchered a couple of the transitions, and one in particular sounds like it was done on a cassette recorder from 1975. (Ok, I exagerrated. 1985.)

Nations gets my vote hands down (just in case you hadn't figured that out!), though ToD is still a good parade.

It appears that ToD is ending on 2/28/03, and there will probably be a replacement at some point. One rumor is that the replacement will start as early as sometime in March, but that is not confirmed.

We went April 2001 and thought it was wonderful and we were looking forward to doing it again. I am dissappointed but will keep an open mind. Have the changed the fireworks over the lagoon in Epcot (forgive me for not know the appropriate name), we also thought that was the best fireworks I have ever seen.

Robin- The fireworks show at Epcot is called Illuminations, and I haven't read anything about it changing or going away.

I agree, it is a wonderful show! Definitely one of the highlights in all of WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter