Narrowed down our TS choices - yay or nay?

CaroM8

Earning My Ears
You guys have been super helpful so far! From all the research I’ve done and reading this forum, this is what we have. A few facts for context:

-Going in September for 7 nights/ 5 park days
-We have the DDP
-2 adults and a princess obsessed 6 year old
- Park Hopper
- Staying at CBR
- First Disney trip for all of us :)

Arrival day - no ADR
Day 1 - MK - Crystal Palace lunch for Pooh & friends
Day 2 - HS - nothing in that park has really sparked our interest. Might just do a last minute thing. Maybe try Sebastian’s at our resort
Day 3 - Epcot - Akershus brunch for princesses
Day 4 - no parks. Ohana dinner.
Day 5 - AK - dinner at Tuskers
Day 6- MK again, early dinner at Story Book

Feel free to comment on both our itineraries and restaurant choices. We know some of these are not the “best food” joints but really looking for more of an experience.

Thanks 😊

Looks like you may a few extra TS credits if you are not dining on your arrival day. Might want to consider the Brown Derby in HS or another 2 TS restaurant like Topolinos which is not far from CBR.

You guys have been super helpful so far! From all the research I’ve done and reading this forum, this is what we have. A few facts for context:

-Going in September for 7 nights/ 5 park days
-We have the DDP
-2 adults and a princess obsessed 6 year old
- Park Hopper
- Staying at CBR
- First Disney trip for all of us :)

Arrival day - no ADR
Day 1 - MK - Crystal Palace lunch for Pooh & friends
Day 2 - HS - nothing in that park has really sparked our interest. Might just do a last minute thing. Maybe try Sebastian’s at our resort
Day 3 - Epcot - Akershus brunch for princesses
Day 4 - no parks. Ohana dinner.
Day 5 - AK - dinner at Tuskers
Day 6- MK again, early dinner at Story Book

Feel free to comment on both our itineraries and restaurant choices. We know some of these are not the “best food” joints but really looking for more of an experience.

Thanks 😊

I think you have great choices and will see a really nice variety of characters.

Looks like you may a few extra TS credits if you are not dining on your arrival day. Might want to consider the Brown Derby in HS or another 2 TS restaurant like Topolinos which is not far from CBR.

Well Story Book is 2 credits, we will probably use a TS on HS day just not sure where yet. Probably just do a walk up somewhere close by.. so that’s all our credits right?

We have a similar trip coming up - CBR, 2 adults and also a princess obsessed 6 year old!:-) We love starting and ending our trips with MK park visits, I think that is a perfect choice.

Also, your restaurant choices are great. For Hollywood studios, 50s prime time or Sci Fi are both great options, our daughter loves both of those restaurants and so do we. I remember being worried if she would be afraid of SciFi, she wasn't, she LOVED it and the milkshake.
Also, Beaches and Cream at Beach Club is a fun choice since you are staying at CBR. Take the skyliner over to Epcot and walk to Beach Club. You can also check out the Boardwalk while over there. We have done that while staying at skyliner resorts, it is a fun way to spend a late morning/early afternoon.

There are just so many options, it is hard to choose. However, what you have right now is great. It is also nice to leave some space in your agenda to try different QS or if you can snag a last minute reservation!

I hope you all have a wonderful first trip!!

Well Story Book is 2 credits, we will probably use a TS on HS day just not sure where yet. Probably just do a walk up somewhere close by.. so that’s all our credits right?

Yes, Storybook is 2 credits. I looked at your list again - totally forgot you are staying at CBR - you may want to get Topolino's breakfast in there if you can. It's the best character breakfast on-property, IMHO. Maybe do that before heading to DHS? Or do that on your no-park day?

Story Book is such an excellent experience. We have done it twice lately and not only is it a character experience the food is better than any other character dining in my opinion. Went with our in laws and he is not a big Disney person and definitely not the type for a character meal. Well even he had fun and enjoyed the evil queen

If you have the time Hoop Dee Doo is so much fun and a great experience as well

Sci-Fi is a good experience. As young adults my "kids" still insist on going every trip. Biergarten is also pretty neat with the band and dance floor, if you want to use the hopper to eat in a different park than you start.

Another vote to add "Hoop Dee Doo". If you are looking for experiences, this is amazing. We laughed the entire show - we have done it three times over the years. Great service. And, the food is fantastic! Bottomless sangria and beer too.
I think that your choices are wonderful. My DD's enjoyed all of those places growing up. They also really liked 1900 Park Fare. Is Akershus 2 credits for breakfast? I heard that lunch/dinner it was two credits, but I have also heard that breakfast was just 1 credit, but I don't know for sure. You say brunch, so I am not sure if you mean breakfast or lunch? I could totally be wrong though. Just wanted to mention it.
We're going in August and have some of your choices on our list. Our favourite is Crystal Palace - it's always a must-do!

For your Hollywood Studios day, I would take the boat over the Epcot resorts and book something at Yavht, Beach, or Boardwalk.. I’ve eaten at all the HS sit-downs, and none are great.

Will seeing Minnie matter to your DD?
Hollywood &Vine would be another character experience that would cut a lot of time standing in line for characters. If you can’t get Toppolinos.

Another vote to add "Hoop Dee Doo". If you are looking for experiences, this is amazing. We laughed the entire show - we have done it three times over the years. Great service. And, the food is fantastic! Bottomless sangria and beer too.
I think that your choices are wonderful. My DD's enjoyed all of those places growing up. They also really liked 1900 Park Fare. Is Akershus 2 credits for breakfast? I heard that lunch/dinner it was two credits, but I have also heard that breakfast was just 1 credit, but I don't know for sure. You say brunch, so I am not sure if you mean breakfast or lunch? I could totally be wrong though. Just wanted to mention it.
We're going in August and have some of your choices on our list. Our favourite is Crystal Palace - it's always a must-do!

Akershus is 2 credits for lunch and dinner but only 1 for breakfast! And the breakfast hours go until noon, so I think it's a great deal to see the princesses! :)

For your Hollywood Studios day, I would take the boat over the Epcot resorts and book something at Yavht, Beach, or Boardwalk.. I’ve eaten at all the HS sit-downs, and none are great.

Yes I think that's what we will end up doing for our HS day. None of the restaurants really appeal to us and on top of that I don't know how much time we will actually spend there. Our daughter is really only interested in the Mickey & Minnie ride, and the shows. So we will see :)

Yes I think that's what we will end up doing for our HS day. None of the restaurants really appeal to us and on top of that I don't know how much time we will actually spend there. Our daughter is really only interested in the Mickey & Minnie ride, and the shows. So we will see :)
Not really a fan of the restaurant at HS so that's probably a good call...

Seems like a good plan to me. Definitely use your last table service credit somewhere instead of letting it go to waste. Topolino's or 1900 Park Fare breakfast on your non-park day would be a good way to fill the day.

Seems like a good plan to me. Definitely use your last table service credit somewhere instead of letting it go to waste. Topolino's or 1900 Park Fare breakfast on your non-park day would be a good way to fill the day.

For some reason I thought Topolino's was a 2 credit meal all day - turns our it's just one for breakfast! I will definitely try to add that to our vacation somewhere! :)

For some reason I thought Topolino's was a 2 credit meal all day - turns our it's just one for breakfast! I will definitely try to add that to our vacation somewhere! :)
Yeah I was surprised to learn that too! I also thought Ohana was 2, but it's only 1, and that feels like a good value.

I think your plans look great! Your daughter will love Akershus and Artist Point looks amazing!

I echo several people above to try and nab a breakfast at Topolino’s - it’s regularly rated as one of the best character meals on property. It’s a bugger to book, though… but keep checking (especially the day/night before you want to eat there!) as people change their plans all the time.

If Topolino’s doesn’t work out, I’ve heard great things about Sebastian’s. It’s always fun to eat at your resort! It would also be easy to catch the skyliner to the Epcot area resorts - Trattoria al Forno (although character-free) is very good and it’s easier to book than others.

Akershus is 2 credits for lunch and dinner but only 1 for breakfast! And the breakfast hours go until noon, so I think it's a great deal to see the princesses! :)
Good to know. We think that the princess interaction at this restaurant is tops! Nice to hear that it is still a one credit meal for breakfast (we prefer breakfast anyway:))

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter