MYW Prem., Platinum??

AKLGoofy

Mouseketeer
OK folks, raw recruit here. I've had excellent luck in the "Resorts" forum with outstanding information from all the Disney "vets" out there and hopefully you fine dining experts can help educate me on this facet of my planning.

I have a fairly elaborate surprise trip planned for my wife and I for our 10th anniversary. I already have all the details covered (thank you Don, Sue and Juanita at AKL concierge!) but am a bit confused as to how this "dining plan" thing works.

I purchased the Magic Your Way Platinum Package for us. The information found at this link:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/tickets/packageDetail?id=PackageDetailMYWPlat06Page

... under "Dining" would seem to be contradictory to the information found at this link:

http://adisneyworld.disney.go.com/m...gespecific/eng/nontheme/tickets/MYWDining.pdf

... found under "Dining" in explanation of included restaurants, meals included, etc. I.e. Victoria and Albert's... included or not? "Quick Service", "Table Service" and "Snack" credits per day vs. "... includes breakfast, lunch, dinner and one light snack per person, per night"?

I'm sorry, but I am merely a simple old man who is apparently easily confused. I'm not concerned at all about having to pay additionaly for things (I purchased the Platinum Pkg. for other reasons) but do wish to avoid any embarassing moments generated by my ignorance of the particulars.

I've tried reading about things in this forum but it seems that everyone just uses "CS" (I assume that is equivalent to "Quick Service" in the above-listed .pdf file) and "TS" credits in their planning and have found nothing regarding additional meals.

Thank you in advance for any light you may be able to shed on this.

Bob

P.S. Please try to limit your use of acronyms in any response since I am not knowledgeable as to the proper usage of many of them I see here.

I will leave this one up to the experts to help more.. but from reading the first link it says you get Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and a snack... but it doesn't say whetere they can be TS for all or what... I have never done anything but the base MYW plan so doing the free dining this year will be my first above that. Good luck in finding out, I am now wondering more about the platinum myself

You pay lots more for the platinum package and you get a lot more for the platinum package. With concierge service, you may be paying for a great deal of wonderful food and services that you may not use.

Seriously look at the package. It would be fabulous to do WDW as you have planned.

lovewdwdvc said:
You pay lots more for the platinum package and you get a lot more for the platinum package. With concierge service, you may be paying for a great deal of wonderful food and services that you may not use.

Seriously look at the package. It would be fabulous to do WDW as you have planned.

I have, indeed, looked at the plan quite closely... that is why I selected it. There are several aspects of the plan other than food that are in line with my desires for our week there.

I'm just confused as to the information linked on the Disney page in explanation of the dining portion. The typed statements under "Dining" on the "Platinum Plan" explanation page would seem to contradict the information found in the .pdf file they link in explanation of "included restaurants".

More specifically:

1. The meals listed on the Platinum Plan description page include breakfast which the Dining Plan .pdf file does not.

2. The Platinum Plan description page lists room service as being included whereas the Dining Plan .pdf file specifically excludes room service.

3. The Platinum Plan description page says: "Choose from selected Walt Disney World® Resort table-service and counter-service restaurants including Signature Dining Experience restaurants, award winning Victoria & Albert's restaurant,...", whereas the Dining Plan .pdf file does not list Victoria and Albert's as an option.

These are probably the three most blatant differences. Since the Dining Plan .pdf file is linked in the text underneath the "Dining" section portion of the Platinum Plan description page, I assumed it was meant to be specifically accurate in it's information.

I will try and contact someone at AKL on Monday for futher clarification.

Bob

The Disney Dining Plan and the Platinum Plan (which includes dining) are two different plans. They are different. On the Platinum plan you get 3 meals a day plus a snack, and it includes restaurants that are not on the regular Dining Plan. Hope that helps.

Janet-TX said:
The Disney Dining Plan and the Platinum Plan (which includes dining) are two different plans. They are different. On the Platinum plan you get 3 meals a day plus a snack, and it includes restaurants that are not on the regular Dining Plan. Hope that helps.

Plus there is no differentiation between a table service (TS) and a counter (quick) service (CS) meals or between 2TS and 1TS credit meals on the Platinum plan.

A hypothetical use of your credits could be:
Breakfast at Boma
Lunch at the Brown Derby
Dinner at Victoria and Albert's
plus one snack.

You couldn't do that on the DDP without paying out of pocket.

Have fun on your trip!

Hi There

My best friend and her parents used the Platinum plan and said it was awesome - both for food and entertainment. She said that basically you can eat breakfast, lunch and dinner anywhere in Disney (might be a couple restrictions). You can choose to eat all all TS or CS or mix it up. Its a great plan but she said it was a lot of food - they normally did TS for breakfast and dineer and a lighter lunch. I am sure you will have a wonderful anniversary - Congrats. :goodvibes :goodvibes :wave2:

blueroses said:
Plus there is no differentiation between a table service (TS) and a counter (quick) service (CS) meals or between 2TS and 1TS credit meals on the Platinum plan.

A hypothetical use of your credits could be:
Breakfast at Boma
Lunch at the Brown Derby
Dinner at Victoria and Albert's
plus one snack.

You couldn't do that on the DDP without paying out of pocket.

Have fun on your trip!

Thank you all VERY kindly for your excellent information! Don from AKL conierge is Johnny-on-the-spot as usual and already answered my email questions regarding the specifics.

You are quite correct... apparently pretty much everything, everywhere is available to us (including room service) which is just what I was hoping for. Anyone interested may see my plan outline here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=752192&page=154&pp=15

...about halfway down the page.

Thank you all again for your kind responses.

Bob

Congratulations on your 10th! We just celebrated ours. :)

Sounds like a wonderful trip - I hope it is magical!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter