• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mystery Pins

I don't really care per se that they do, honestly, but my thing was if I don't want to partipate in an unsanctioned game, I should not be forced to. That's all. Disney management is the one that asked me to report them, so I did once.

I'd much rather Disney set up my fun than random CM's. :)
Did you ever stop and think that others might like mystery pin trading, so why ruin it for them because you have a problem with it. Did something ever happen like another guest did a mystery pin trading in front of you and it turned out to be a pin you wanted? So because of that you hate it, when you could easly trade for the pin or purchase it on Ebay if you can't purchase it in WDW.

Finally you make no sense because you say that you don't to partipate in an unsanctioned game, when you are not forced to. So someone else can and I hope they get a pin that you wanted.

OMG William...Disney has announced a mystery pin tin set for sale during a pin event (sanctioned/held by them!!!!!!!) interesting

That's right - they have Mystery pin sets (and boxes) all the time. A flagrant violations of William's Rules. Who do we complain to?

William - you have a whole new audience here. I think you should DEMAND that they open the boxes and tins so you can see them before you by them!

William did you also know Mystery pins were also known as Surprise pins that were sold at a random location and were not announced before that they were going to be released. Or was WDW wrong for selling these pins because they were not announced, so it not everyone could have the chance to purchase them.

Since you asked, if Disney sanctions it, fine. If they sanction it at certain events, so be it.

I was told they don't. Not sure why they are called Williams' rules, when Disney is the one who told me what they were and the link is from Disney. LOL. You guys crack me up!

Im sure a conversation took place where you heard those were the rules.

I doubt however that that is what the CM said.

Since you asked, if Disney sanctions it, fine. If they sanction it at certain events, so be it.

I was told they don't. Not sure why they are called Williams' rules, when Disney is the one who told me what they were and the link is from Disney. LOL. You guys crack me up!
They are called William's rules because your saying you don't like mystery pin trading and saying it should stop.

Finally there are general rules which WDW posts, however most of the times Cast Members never bother to enforce them like guests using old mugs so you think WDW would discipline Cast Members who did non sanctioned mystery pin trading, then you must be crazy.

And we have already established that the CM, if that's what they said, was WRONG. So why continue. You say you don't want to be forced to participate.. You aren't. It's ok for them to do it, you don't have to do it if you don't like it. Just let it go man.

Not my rules, Disney told me that was their rules, as did the link I provided.

Why is the Disney representative wrong and you are right?

William I think simply the rep you spoke with was not informed properly and not in the "loop" but its QUITE evident a mistake was made and you have been a bit stubborn or unable to realize it. Disney is actually packaging "Mystery Pins" in tins and other packaging and has been for some time in addition to what is found on lanyards.Let it go...this has gone on long enough...Sheesh:sad2:

Not my rules, Disney told me that was their rules, as did the link I provided.

Why is the Disney representative wrong and you are right?

This thread has already beaten to death why Mystery Pins are ok, and why your CM was wrong (it does happen, you know). The rules have already been dealt with - you are misrepresenting them, and everyone here knows the rules, and mystery pins don't break any of them.

I for one am not going to try to explain it any further. You are being ridiculously stubborn, and I'm starting to get the feeling you just like trolling for responses on this. All is explained earlier in the thread, but you keep coming back for more. So take care. Keep believing they are against the rules if you want. The rest of use will just keep laughing.

Oh William..................PLEASE------GET OVER IT!!!!
We are right and they are wrong and that's that!!!!

William,
I am not sure if anyone else asked you this already since there are so many replies about this topic but if this horrible thing of mystery pin trading happened to you at Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, why did you wait so long to post about it?

William, you really need to let this go, you are pretty much a laughing stock at this point.

William, you really need to let this go, you are pretty much a laughing stock at this point.

Just pretty much? :rotfl2:

In any event, I will be at MK tomorrow night, and I intend on reporting EVERY CM who has one of those vile mystery pins. I should have a long list..

Oh - after I trade with them, of course.

Just pretty much? :rotfl2:

In any event, I will be at MK tomorrow night, and I intend on reporting EVERY CM who has one of those vile mystery pins. I should have a long list..

Oh - after I trade with them, of course.
What about Cast Members who are wearing pins and the design is not showing, you must report them even if you don't trade with them lol. :rotfl2:

What happens if the lanyard is reversed and all the pins are facing the wrong with EXCEPT for the illegal, immoral and totally subversive Mystery Pin?

WWWD?

What happens if the lanyard is reversed and all the pins are facing the wrong with EXCEPT for the illegal, immoral and totally subversive Mystery Pin?

WWWD?
Then you should report the Cast Member right away since they are not following the rules of WDW Pin Trading. :rotfl2:

Also be on the look out for Cast Members who wear the lanyard clips on their pants, to make sure you can see all pins and non of them are facing the wrong way where you can't see what it looks like. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter