Mypoints

I just joined this a like 2 weeks ago and have 240 points. I only do the emails and surveys. Will it take me longer since thats all I do?

I remember Tupperware - it was 800 points per day. The Avon offer only comes once every 4-6 weeks :( On the bright side, I don't have nearly as much Avon as I do Tupperware!

My last order took maybe 2 weeks.
I had enough points to save $150 on my Kindle!

MyPoints is definitely worth it to me......

I just joined this a like 2 weeks ago and have 240 points. I only do the emails and surveys. Will it take me longer since thats all I do?

It will take a while, since the emails are generally only 5 points. If you can, set up a junk mail address, and then do all of the things where you get more points for signing up for newsletters, etc. Then you get the points without clogging up your regular e-mail.

jen

Thats pretty much all I do. I forget that there is things that go along with shopping and I could probably have more points if I remembered that. I don;t shop alot, but I always seem to forget about going through mypoints when I do.
I get at least $40 in gift cards a year though. Sometimes more.

Do you guys find the text on the Mypoints page to be extremely small. It always is for me, and I can barely read it. I don't have this problem with other sites though.

My son got me started on MyPoints in 1999 and am I ever glad he did.

I try to remember any time I am going to order online to check the Mypoints offer first.

Recently, I ordered an Amazon GC and did not receive it in a timely manner. I emailed and they replied this had been sent to their research dept and it could take another month to resolve the matter. I obtained the Mypoints phone number:
1-888-262-4528 and called to try and speed up the process ( I had a DVD Blu-Ray player I wanted to order from Amazon!!)

I reached them in SanFransisco, (good to know time zone if you are calling) and my experience with them on phone was top notch customer service.
Very Impressive!! The gal that handled the research area, said by the end of the day I would have the Amazon GC code in my email. True to her word it arrived hours later.

I had to laugh at the comments from people about taking advantage of Tupperware, Avon and so on. Lately I have been doing alot of Priceline hotel stays, and usually average 150 pts per night - that counts up!!

Obviously a devoted MyPoints customer,
Becky

Has anyone else tried using their points for an Amazon GC? We're going on the Disney cruise next month, :cool1: and I got the brainstorm today that I could put the points towards a new camera. Of course I couldn't have this brainstorm a few weeks ago. :rotfl: But if the GC will be here within two weeks, I'll have plenty of time to order and receive the camera.

P.S. Jenseib, your daughter's pictures are ADORABLE!!

Average in cashing out has been about 2 weeks, I love the way the points are racking up and the best thing is I would be shopping at the merchants anyway, ie Disneystore Sears Office Depot etc The surveys I save for a day when I can devote a few hrs.

I love getting a gas card especially with a long commute :thumbsup2

That's what I WAS doing until I looked into the earning points through the merchants...you'd be surprised where you shop, ie-petmeds, etc that are part of the program...hey if you use them anyway, can earn points going thru MyPoints instead of the companies website or to their store like Sears, why not, I should have realized this 10 yrs ago, I changed my shopping strategy and now I jump into 10,000 points before I know it :banana:

I think I joined back in 2001 and I've gotten tons of gc thru the years. I do most of my christmas online shopping thru them which adds lots and lots of points. I've done the avon email bonus as well as lancome but mostly for me it's shopping. If you remember, almost everything you want to buy can be bought thru a link via mypoints. I like getting my printer ink through them as it's usually 350 bonus and shopping at overstock really adds up as it's 10pts per dollar.

One tip I have is to keep the bonus emails if you make a purchase so that you have proof of the "terms". Now it seems to take forever to resolve missing points whereas it used to be much easier. That's my only complaint. For our WDW trip in June we had $150 gc for Rainforest/TRex and $75 in Shell gas cards. Without a trip planned I would purchase restaurant gc and send them to my college-age son.

Also takes me about 2 weeks to receive my cards. I love getting them as gifts for my inlaws, since it's much cheaper than sending a large box full of stuff they might just toss out. ;) I purchase quite a bit on ebay, and that has been VERY helpful in earning points! I also agree that the Avon one is a good deal, so is the entertainment book once it gets discounted and they up the amount of points to 1000.

I miss the webcertificates:sad1:. I could cash in points for those and use them to buy DISNEY gift cards:banana:. Unfortunately, they've been gone for a few years.

Now, I cash in for RFC gift cards and occassionally Marriott. We always eat at least one meal at RFC on each trip so I try to bring $50-$75 worth of cards. If I have enough points left over, I try to get a Marriott gc. If we fly, we use it for a hotel in Detroit before we leave. If we drive, we use it for a hotel along the way.

I have enough to redeem for $75 in RFC cards right now, but since we are bringing my parents along in April, I am going to try and get at least $100 so we can treat them to dinner.

I LOVE the Lancome! They just sent out a bonus e-mail too! Usually, you get 2000 points on a $50 purchase (and free shipping too!) but with the bonus email, you get 3000 points on a $75 purchase. I like to stock up, but I amnot sure if the finances will support a $75 Lancome purchase right now. I have a week to think about it before it expires. I think I am going to have to look into the Avon. It isn't quite as good of a reward, but I bet you can get a lot more product for $40!

Oh, I also do the "newsletter" sign ups. They must think I am one sick person with my psoriasis, depression, migraines, rheumatoid arthritis and ADHD:lmao:! I get a lot of mail from pharmaceutical companies and my husband gives me an odd look. I just tell him, "Oh, that pamphlet earned me 50 points:rotfl:"

Has anyone else tried using their points for an Amazon GC? We're going on the Disney cruise next month, :cool1: and I got the brainstorm today that I could put the points towards a new camera. Of course I couldn't have this brainstorm a few weeks ago. :rotfl: But if the GC will be here within two weeks, I'll have plenty of time to order and receive the camera.

P.S. Jenseib, your daughter's pictures are ADORABLE!!
Thanks. I think I read when you get an amazon GC, it's an email with a code you put in. I could be wrong, but I thought that I read that, so that should come pretty fast, I would think.

Also takes me about 2 weeks to receive my cards. I love getting them as gifts for my inlaws, since it's much cheaper than sending a large box full of stuff they might just toss out. ;) I purchase quite a bit on ebay, and that has been VERY helpful in earning points! I also agree that the Avon one is a good deal, so is the entertainment book once it gets discounted and they up the amount of points to 1000.
How do you do ebay through there? I never get it? I have bought many things, but never went through mypoints. Do I go to mypoints and then click on ebay and then pay with that link, rather than the link the seller gives me?

i have redeemed mypoints for 3 amazon GC. One time the GC code came in hard gift card form in regular mail. The other 2 times, it was email. I did post previously that when there was a delay of more then 2 weeks, I contacted Mypoints customer service and the gal sent me a code that very day in an email. I was very impressed by customer service.

So awesome as no tax no shipping with Amazon. I think the points required for Amazon are a bit higher then some stores. Worth it to me though!

I usually get my giftcards in about 2 weeks. I have gotten countless gift cards and my DH wonders how I get them just by clicking through things and shopping online. It's great!

party:Don't know where I saw it today? Maybe Budget Board somewhere but.. Since Restaurant.com is listed in the merchants on the MyPoints site I ran over there...using the code: NAPKIN in the shopping cart it gives you 80 per cent off:banana:

I ended up buying Five $10.oo Certificates and Three $25.oo certificates
and the Grand Total was $10.oo not to forget the 6 points per $1.00 spent....totalling another 60 points for meparty:

But where the heck can you use restaurant .com com gift cards? I've never seen any good spots listed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter