MyDisneyExperience to iCalendar

filbertio

Earning My Ears
Hey all,

Not really sure on the right forum to post this, but as it seems sort of a bit like a DIY project, I'll put it here.

I've knocked together a simple Python script that can ingest the MyDisneyExperience "plans" JSON file (you need to grab this from the website yourself) and outputs an iCalendar file that can be loaded into your regular calendar app (tested with Apple Calendar, so far).

You can find this on GitHub at github.com / jfautley / mde2ical (I can't post this as a link, I guess because I'm a board newbie!)

I have knocked this together in a couple of hours in preparation for my upcoming trip - so its limited to what I can currently "see" in my plans - namely resort reservations and dining (no Genie+/LL/etc. as I can't book them yet). I also have no idea if Disney will change the JSON format and this will all break, so YMMV, etc.

Enjoy (or not, if it doesn't work for you :) )

Cheers
Jon

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter