• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My third trip to Walt Disney World for my Senior Trip (2015)

brb1006

Bring Marie back to Walt Disney World
Hello everyone, my name is Bernard Jones but please call me Bernie. I'm autistic (Asperger's Syndrome) I've been a lifetime Disney fan since I was born. And currently it's been over a month since my Senior Trip to Walt Disney World and boy was it the best on yet! But first a little back story about Walt Disney World and how I show a huge amount of respect to it's cast members.

"My loyalty and love for Disney all started when I discovered a book my parent's owned called "Disney's Storybook Collection" from the late 90's. It was my first ever introduction to Disney and it's animated films. Keep in mind, I was very little when I owned this book and didn't have to ability to read yet. But the very first Disney film I ever seen in the book was "The Aristocats" and the first Disney character I ever saw was Marie The Kitten. The first time I ever seen her, was an illustration of her singing "Scales and Arpeggios" with Berlioz and her mother Duchess. Marie is also my Number 1 favorite Disney character. My first exposure to the Disney parks was the "Disney Sing-A-Long Songs" which took place at Disneyland circa 1990. It made me expected to visit any Disney park. That didn't fully kick in until I seen ads for "100 Years Of Magic" event celebrating Walt's 100th birthday. Which made me begging my parents to visit Disney World in the future. The first character I meet was Pinocchio at the Magic Kingdom with Gephetto as the second character I meet back in 2004. I was 8 years old at the time back in 2004. Two years later, my parents took me to Walt Disney World for an entire week in October. It was in 2006 and a used to have a crush on Minnie at the time. I remember first meeting Mickey in his Sorcerer outfit in Hollywood Studios (Called MGM at the time) and Minnie at Animal Kingdom at the now gone "Camp Minnie Mickey" area. I will never forget how happy I was when she first kissed me. I still own the photo and I blushed and grinned. I later meet Donald and Chip N Dale in "Mickey's ToonTown Fair" and Dale took the pen away and lifted over my head. "

9 years later, our High School left for our Senior Trip to Walt Disney World. And boy was it a blast, first my Guidance Counselor had little info about the parks. So I had to explain to him all about some neat facts and trivia. I remember two days before we left, I hyped myself up by watching "The Aristocats" since I had to refresh my memory since I hadn't seen the film since Elementary School. A day later, I decided to watch both the films of "The Rescuers" and "Rescuers DownUnder" hours before we left to the airport at 2:00am in the morning. I was really looking forward to meeting Marie once we arrived at the Magic Kingdom on April 28. Unfortunately it started raining once we arrived. As a result, I decided to ride "Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin" until it stopped raining. I felt a little sad seeing Marie not out that day, so the first character I meet was Pluto. He started balancing my autograph book on his nose after he finished signing it. Then I decided to meet Mickey Mouse who played a card game with use. After that, I asked him if he's seen Marie that day. He said "Gosh, I haven't seen her today." then a friendly female cast member told me "Marie was supposed to come out today, but due to the rain she didn't show up". My guidance counselor got an idea and told me that we can visit the Magic Kingdom on Friday morning before the other students head to Blizzard Beach. We went to Epcot that same day, and I meet Minnie,Goofy, and Mickey again. Minnie kissed me twice.

On Thursday May 30th, we went to Animal Kingdom and meet Baloo and King Louie. While we we're waiting in line, I saw Baloo messing with my Guidance's bald spot and quickly told him "Look Baloo just touched you're head.". We also saw King Louie and Baloo chasing two squirrels twice during the meet and greet. It was funny and amusing to see that moment. Then we went to Hollywood Studios and rode Toy Story Mania, Rock And Roll A Coaster, and went to Disney's Animation Academy where we drew a sketch of Woody from Toy Story. I asked the host if they ever drew Marie. She said "Sorry, but we might do a sketch of Marie in the future." After that we went to the "One Man's Dream" exhibit which I took time to read and learn about Walt Disney. The others continued walking, but I stock to reading about the history of Disney and the company. I also stayed to watch the film being show in that exhibit. And to end the day, we saw Fantasmic.

Then on Friday May 1, 2015 I we woke up early around 9:15am at "Disney's All-Star Sports Resort" where we got prepared to visit the Magic Kingdom. When we got there, I saw Minnie doing meet and greets. While that happened my Guidance Counselor asked a local cast member when Marie will come out. She told use "Marie will come out at 10:30am and Minnie leaves at 10:25.". I got extremely hyped once a friendly cast member made me first in line. I was waiting for Marie to come out since it was 10:30am and there was a show starring the Dapper Dans dedicated to Spring. My Guidance Counselor then said "Bernie look!" and then I saw Marie walking to her meet and greet spot all energetic and was walking in a bouncy style. When I walked up to her, I gave her my autograph book which she began signing it. Before she began, I told her "You have no idea how much I was looking for you" after she finished signing my autograph she kissed the page and gave it back to me. She then started acting very flattered and shy around to me and walked a few steps back and looked back with me. It appears that she has a crush on me and she gave me two big hugs and also kissed me a two times:love:. After that we rode, the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train ride a second time along with Space Mountain for the second time. We then saw the "Monster's Inc Laugh Floor" where my Guidance was chosen to dance. As we went back to the "All Star Sports Resort" I told my Guidance to put a "Do Not Disturb" sign on my room door. I then started to cry for an hour, and then went to sleep:sad1: (We had to go to Downtown Disney for "La Nouba" at 6:00pm that day). I then told my teachers and my principle about my experience with Marie. My Guidance Counselor showed them the video at "The House Of Blues" and they all felt touched by the video. He still has the video of my first encounter with her. My principle meet Mickey on the first day, and he brought up that he told Mickey that he was the principle of the High School. Mickey said to him "Gosh, That's alot of Responsibly!".

On Saturday May 2, we went back to the Magic Kingdom for the last time. I thought it would be perfect to have a final meet and greet with Marie that day. I gave her my Autograph book (Which I wrote a few sweet messages to her. Since I was tongue-tied around her) and this time after she signed the autograph book again. She kissed both pages that I have written one. After she finished signing it, I told Marie "This is my last day." and she made a sad gesture by rolling both her fingers down her eyes. She gave me three hugs, and for the final hug I whispered to her "I love you." and as I was leaving she blew two kisses back at me. I also meet Duffy at my second visit to Epcot that same day. We ate Pizza at the Italy Pavilion, and before we left. I visited the France Pavilion the second time, and buyed two Marie cups (One glass, the other is a tea cup) and a Marie plush. My Marie experience was the most emotional moment of my life, and helped me make a new lifetime goal. I'm currently planning on doing the "Disney Dreamers Academy" when I head to college in September. After that, I will have to find a way to think of a perfect job for me once I head to Disney World. I'm currently thinking of working as a cast member or a Imaginner.

Here's my two photos of my first meeting with Marie on May 1st, 2015.

full

Marie is one of those Disney characters you just have to meet if you ever want to visit Walt Disney World in the future. She seriously gives the best hugs next to Minnie! Also to get myself ready for meeting Marie. Ever night before going to bet at the "All Star Sports Resort" I would ask my roommate if I could borrow his Iphone so I can lesson to a cute remix called "Oui Oui Marie" by D!tto.

Here's the remix

That is so sweet and I'm glad you had a good time. Congratulations on your graduation! We also can't wait to meet Marie on our upcoming trip because Aristocats is one of our top 3 Disney classics. :)

That is so sweet and I'm glad you had a good time. Congratulations on your graduation! We also can't wait to meet Marie on our upcoming trip because Aristocats is one of our top 3 Disney classics. :)
The film is very underrated, it's one of the reasons why I'm glad Disney is still making Marie merchandise who is the only character that represents the film. She even got her own manga (comics in Japan) called "Miriya & Marie".

It sounds like you had a great time! I really wanted to meet Marie when I went in May, but I never got the chance to. I remember when I was little (I still have it too) I had a yellow dress with a picture of Marie embroidered into it. It was my absolute favorite thing to wear! Of course, I'm an all-around cat person (with loves for dogs too) so Marie was and still is one of my favorites!

It's great you got to meet her twice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter