My son just ran away from home

He is back home that was one of the worst 15 hours of my life.

When he saw me at the bike area....

He asked what i was doing there, and i said i was just wondering what your plans where.

He said......I was going to come home and see if i could come back in.

I said........Yes you can come back home, but where are your bags?

He said....in the back of dads truck

I said......Is that where you slept? too....

And yes it was, so he was basically out the end of our drive way all night casue his friend would not let him climb in the window.

SHould i laugh at him or punish him.

He is back home that was one of the worst 15 hours of my life.

When he saw me at the bike area....

He asked what i was doing there, and i said i was just wondering what your plans where.

He said......I was going to come home and see if i could come back in.

I said........Yes you can come back home, but where are your bags?

He said....in the back of dads truck

I said......Is that where you slept? too....

Oh boy. I think I would just hug and squeeze him for a LONG time. I don't think I would punish just yet, but I am not in your situation, so I honestly don't know. I would try to talk and talk and see how it goes.

I wish you lots of luck. I will be thinking of you all :grouphug:

And yes it was, so he was basically out the end of our drive way all night casue his friend would not let him climb in the window.

SHould i laugh at him or punish him.

THank you thank you thank you
BOTH
FOr the Hugging idea.

I was so mad, that he put me through this and he was still being a bit disrespectful, that i had not hugged him.

Thank you i put doen the computer after reading that and went and hugged him and it ALMOST brought tears to his eyes.

And for a teen boy that is pretty signifigant.

THANK YOU SO MUCH......
I am the first to admit, i know my kids didnt come with a manual and any help i get i am greatful for!

THank you!

Relieved to hear that he is back home and I totally agree, hugging is what is needed in this situation.
A great place to talk to boys is while you are doing something, like driving in the car or walking the dog. Our son is much more chatty when the conversation seems incidental than when we sit him down for a 'chat'.

Poor kid must have really been doing it tough. I hope you can all get a good night's sleep, it can be tough being a parent.

Trish

So glad too hear he is home now..I wouldnt punish him it will make the situation worse..Talk and be open minded.Listen to what he has too say and try to come to a compromise..

I ran away when I was 16 but never came back till I was 21.The biggest thing that made me leave was my step father and my mom did not want too hear what I was trying to tell her!!

I pray everything works out for YA..

What were you trying to tell them?

Or did they just not listento anything.

I feel i am a good listener to my children.

We have been THROUGH IT with My son......and there are days when i feel i just dont know what to do next with him.

dizzi I'm gonna PM you.I got alot of personal stuff that I dont want on the boards that might help you!!

Please keep me informed of the progress or lack of!!

I've been down this rode.

Just dropping bye too see if everything is good.Never got a responce to the PM I sent YA.

Kinda got me worried!!Please let me know..

I did write you back are you sure it isnt there soemwhere, I will see if i still have it and resend

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter