• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My recent experience upgrading a LMT ticket to an AP

SOCALMouseMommy

DIS Veteran
So today I used a five-day park hopper ticket that I bought on the LMT club website the day before the price increases and I upgraded to an AP. I paid $300 for the ticket. The value of that ticket (applied to my AP upgrade) was $350. I was wondering if the value might be $370, since that is the new cost of a five-day park hopper, but no. I still saved $50 so I'm a happy camper!

Oh, I also wanted to report that I used an adult park hopper ticket for my 3-year-old (because LMT wouldn't sell me a child ticket without also purchasing an adult ticket). No one batted an eye. It actually worked out in my favor as I was able to save more money this way.

Just to clarify, you upgraded the LMT voucher to purchase a new AP (the one for your son)? Not a renewal, but a new purchase, right? Glad you saved some money -- every little bit helps!

So today I used a five-day park hopper ticket that I bought on the LMT club website the day before the price increases and I upgraded to an AP. I paid $300 for the ticket. The value of that ticket (applied to my AP upgrade) was $350. I was wondering if the value might be $370, since that is the new cost of a five-day park hopper, but no. I still saved $50 so I'm a happy camper!
This has been my experience as well. The value applied is the face value of the ticket you purchased (even if you purchased it at a discount), but it won't be bridged to the current price if there has been a price increase.

Thanks for looping back on this!

Does anyone know if they give you face value for convetion-rate tickets as well? We just got discounted 4 days tickets for our Dapper Day trip and intrested in changing them to annual passes.

Does anyone know if they give you face value for convetion-rate tickets as well? We just got discounted 4 days tickets for our Dapper Day trip and intrested in changing them to annual passes.
Good question... I would like to hear if anyone has experience with this.

They did NOT give us face value last fall when we upgraded our dapper day discounted ticket to an AP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter