My photo techies... gimbal for iPhone videos?

WebmasterKathy

Administrator
Administrator
Since I know @WebmasterCorey, @WebmasterPete and other assorted techie nerd friends hang out here and like to talk about their equipment (STOP IT- I meant that in a CLEAN way!!!), I want to put this here.

I frequently use my iPhone 7s for video and Facebook live streaming of dog rescue activities, but have just been holding the phone. I do a lot of walking and moving and interviewing of multiple people with their dogs, so get a lot of shakiness and rough movement in the process. I see lots of iPhone friendly gimbals on the market now and would love some feedback and recommendations if there are some you think I should check out. This is strictly a volunteer, non-profit kind of thing so I don't want to pay professional-equipment kind of prices, I'm hoping to find something around the $200 price point or less (but willing to listen to input if that's not a realistic expectation.)

I'm also not thrilled with the sound quality I get with the phone. I sometimes use a cheap lavalier type mic that I attached to a ruler to get slightly better sound... very cheesy looking, LOL!!! Advice on that is welcome, too. Outdoors, wind noise, walking around, lots of background noise from people and dogs.

I'm thinking my application is similar enough to what you deal with when filming in the parks that you might have some good lessons learned that I can benefit from. The dogs and I thank you!!!

I don't gimbal my iphone but filmtools.com has several inexpensive ones. I've bought car mounts from them and been quite pleased.

Interesting question @WebmasterKathy. I don't have any experience to offer but thinking the responses here might allow me to leave my DSLR home sometimes. I suspect @WebmasterMike has some good expertise to offer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter