My name on my vaccine certificate is out of order?

OttawaDisGirl

Mouseketeer
Hello,

I live in Ontario and I have noticed that my first and middle names on my vaccine certificate is out of order. My middle name is first - it's the name I use for most things but it's technically my middle name. This has never mattered before but now I think my vaccine documents need to match my passport. Does anyone know how long a name change would take? I have the right combination of documents to fix it but I'm also worried that I can't get the change done in the COVAX system.

Yikes. Am I screwed? My trip isn't until January 5 for the Marathon Weekend.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

I don't have experience with this exact scenario, but my health card incorrectly has one of my middle names appearing as a hyphenated last name, and has since I got married 10 years ago. It's never been an issue, however, these are new times. Are you using an actual certificate or does Ontario have something like the Manitoba QR code?

Ontario has a QR code and I seem to remember reading somewhere that your vaccine certificate has to MATCH your travel documents - of course I can't find reference to it now. I'll call the province to find out the procedure to get it to match.

From my experience passing through a few times now with various customs or airport checkin agents, anyone checking a vaccine passport barely checks the details thoroughly. They are checking multiple types of documents all day long, with different formats, different fonts, QR and non-QR. I'm pretty sure it will be ok.

Ontario has a QR code and I seem to remember reading somewhere that your vaccine certificate has to MATCH your travel documents - of course I can't find reference to it now. I'll call the province to find out the procedure to get it to match.
Keep us posted!

I would try calling your local health unit as they have access to the Covax system and should be able to change it

Last edited:
Not in Ontario but in Quebec and I have a similar situation on all my health stuff I have a "second" first name that I never use and isn't on any travel documents. I went to Florida a month ago and didn't have any issue with that. Nobody asked any question at checkpoints.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter