My Magical Journey to Running the Half Marathon TR Link! p.107

Great job on the training! You've really increased your speed which is fabulous! You'll do great on race day! I hope we can figure out a time where I meet up with you and Liz at least for a little bit:goodvibes

Great job on the training! You've really increased your speed which is fabulous! You'll do great on race day! I hope we can figure out a time where I meet up with you and Liz at least for a little bit:goodvibes

Before I was more nervous than excited about the race. Now I'm more excited than nervous. ;)

Definitely! We'll have to compare plans. :thumbsup2

I finally got around to ordering half of my outfit for the half-marathon. I've been wanting to get a running skirt and found a pair with tights attached. :cool1: They only had two patterns to chose from and I went with:

runningskirt.jpg

I want to get my outfit together early enough so I have time to run with it a few times. I don't want a repeat of my 10k when pieces started twisting and moving around.

Hey Carissa,

I love the skirt. I want to get one too but Im not sure if I want the capris attached. I am going to wait closer to see what the weather is going to be like but Im with you about trying the clothing out first. Thats a smart idea.

Great job on the training. You are awesome!

Hey Carissa,

I love the skirt. I want to get one too but Im not sure if I want the capris attached. I am going to wait closer to see what the weather is going to be like but Im with you about trying the clothing out first. Thats a smart idea.

Great job on the training. You are awesome!

This one actually has tights attached - not the capris length but all the way to the ankle. I think they must be new. There is no way I could wear the running skirt without something underneath. Way too much thigh chaffing. :rolleyes1

Where is the time going? Days pass so quickly. I do get over to the Dis every day and try to read and stay caught up, but I don't post as often as I should.

Right now my goal is to do all of the attractions that I haven't done before. The list is actually pretty long.

Animal Kingdom:

Expedition Everest

Magic Kingdom:

Country Bear Jamboree
The Enchanted Tiki Room
The Hall of Presidents
Mad Tea Party (this one I will NOT do)
Snow White's Scary Adventures
Stitch's Great Escape
Carousel of Progress

Epcot:

Mission:Space (green side)
Kim Possible Missions
Most of the shows/movies in the World Showcase

Hollywood Studios:

Tower of Terror
American Idol Experience
Fantasmic!
Playhouse Disney (think I'll skip this one :rolleyes1 )

If you're sleepy, don't watch Impressions de France. It's pretty, but that soft music will put you to sleep!

Fantasmic - if you have never seen it, I hope you get to do so. Don't leave early. Stay until the big white boat comes.

I was just saying to my students today that it seems like 2010 has really gone by quickly. ::yes::

I'll trade you the Teacups for Mission:Space. The spinning doesn't bother me, but the enclosed Mission:Space = :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:
I think that will be the one ride I can safely say I will never go on. If they ever bring back the submarines, I'll never go on those, either. ;) I did those once a long time ago. I feel sure I was near death when I got off. :laughing:

I hope you and all your guys have a great Thanksgiving week!

:cheer2: on your training. Your doing a fantastic job.

Wow, didn't realize there was so much you hadn't done, don't blame you for the Mad Tea Party.

And :love: the running skirt with tights. Very cool!

If you're sleepy, don't watch Impressions de France. It's pretty, but that soft music will put you to sleep!

Fantasmic - if you have never seen it, I hope you get to do so. Don't leave early. Stay until the big white boat comes.

I was just saying to my students today that it seems like 2010 has really gone by quickly. ::yes::

I'll trade you the Teacups for Mission:Space. The spinning doesn't bother me, but the enclosed Mission:Space = :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:
I think that will be the one ride I can safely say I will never go on. If they ever bring back the submarines, I'll never go on those, either. ;) I did those once a long time ago. I feel sure I was near death when I got off. :laughing:

I hope you and all your guys have a great Thanksgiving week!

Thanks MeMom! Same to you and your family. :goodvibes

:cheer2: on your training. Your doing a fantastic job.

Wow, didn't realize there was so much you hadn't done, don't blame you for the Mad Tea Party.

And :love: the running skirt with tights. Very cool!

Some of those attractions are just ones that either I didn't want to do or knew the reviews weren't great so didn't waste my time. We've *only* been to WDW three times and it takes a while to see everything! But, I hope to change that on this trip. :thumbsup2

Great job on the running! You are doing a great job!!! :woohoo::woohoo:

You are going to ROCK that 1/2 marathon!!!!! :goodvibes

Here is an opinion:

Animal Kingdom:

Expedition Everest- Must do. It is very 'tame' and smooth coaster. The closer to the front you are the less bumpy it is.
Flights of Wonder- Never seen it.

Magic Kingdom:

Country Bear Jamboree- Classic! Fit it in if you have time.
The Enchanted Tiki Room- Cute show.
The Hall of Presidents- Never seen it.
Mad Tea Party (this one I will NOT do)- LOL You could always go on and not spin the cup. You would HATE riding this with Juliana. She spins it sooo fast!
Snow White's Scary Adventures- We have never seen it. This is a must do for us in December.
Stitch's Great Escape- Never done it and from what I hear, you aren't missing anything! :lmao:
Carousel of Progress- Going to check it out in Dec.

Epcot:

Mission:Space (green side)- I like this ride but I'd stay away if you don't like confined spaces.
Kim Possible Missions- Never done.

Hollywood Studios:

Tower of Terror- Fun ride... it is not scary!
American Idol Experience- haven't seen it. Doubt I ever will.
Fantasmic!- On my list to see in the future!
Playhouse Disney (think I'll skip this one )- You should see it if you can ditch your boys. They are a little too old for it.

Great job on the running! You are doing a great job!!! :woohoo::woohoo:

You are going to ROCK that 1/2 marathon!!!!! :goodvibes

Thanks Tim! I'm getting really excited! :cool1:

Here is an opinion:

Animal Kingdom:

Expedition Everest- Must do. It is very 'tame' and smooth coaster. The closer to the front you are the less bumpy it is.
Flights of Wonder- Never seen it.

I definitely plan on doing EE. It's the only coaster at WDW that I haven't done.

Magic Kingdom:

Country Bear Jamboree- Classic! Fit it in if you have time.
The Enchanted Tiki Room- Cute show.
The Hall of Presidents- Never seen it.
Mad Tea Party (this one I will NOT do)- LOL You could always go on and not spin the cup. You would HATE riding this with Juliana. She spins it sooo fast!
Snow White's Scary Adventures- We have never seen it. This is a must do for us in December.
Stitch's Great Escape- Never done it and from what I hear, you aren't missing anything! :lmao:
Carousel of Progress- Going to check it out in Dec.

I've heard the same about Stitch's Great Escape. I feel I need to see it though just so I can understand everyone's dislike. ;) Kind of like Sounds Dangerous, which is the worst attraction in all of Disney, IMO. :rolleyes1

Epcot:

Mission:Space (green side)- I like this ride but I'd stay away if you don't like confined spaces.
Kim Possible Missions- Never done.

Confined spaces don't really bother me. More worried about feeling sick.

Hollywood Studios:

Tower of Terror- Fun ride... it is not scary!
American Idol Experience- haven't seen it. Doubt I ever will.
Fantasmic!- On my list to see in the future!
Playhouse Disney (think I'll skip this one )- You should see it if you can ditch your boys. They are a little too old for it.

The random drops aren't scary??? I'm fully prepared to pee my pants on that one, but I WILL ride it!

The boys will not be with me on this trip. It's just me. ;)

Thanks for all the suggestions! :goodvibes

The random drops aren't scary??? I'm fully prepared to pee my pants on that one, but I WILL ride it!
I've rode a few times and I wasn't all that impressed. While a few other times the sequence was awesome! :thumbsup2 :scared1:

The boys will not be with me on this trip. It's just me. ;)

Thanks for all the suggestions! :goodvibes
That is what I thought, but I was too lazy to go back and check! :sad2: LOL

So it is the prefect time to go see it! ::yes::

I've rode a few times and I wasn't all that impressed. While a few other times the sequence was awesome! :thumbsup2 :scared1:

Here's hoping I get an unimpressive drop sequence. :upsidedow

That is what I thought, but I was too lazy to go back and check! :sad2: LOL

So it is the prefect time to go see it! ::yes::

I don't know, Tim. Still haven't convinced me on Playhouse Disney.

I love your half-marathon outfit! :thumbsup2 Sounds like your training is going well... It's hard to believe how far you have come over the past year! Congratulations & keep up the good work! :goodvibes

I love your half-marathon outfit! :thumbsup2 Sounds like your training is going well... It's hard to believe how far you have come over the past year! Congratulations & keep up the good work! :goodvibes

Thanks Amy! It's hard for me to believe sometimes that it's almost been a year since I started this journey. :goodvibes

Carissa-how are you doing.

Sugar is evil.
It wears you down.
I hate my sisters for making me help them make cookies.
I put all mine in my freezer so I won't eat them,
but my body is so sluggish. I never knew sugar is like alcohol.

Hey Car, you trip is almost here! I love your running outfit, very cute!

Hey Lessa! Thanks! I ran outside with my running tights/skirt last weekend and I loved it!

Carissa-how are you doing.

Sugar is evil.
It wears you down.
I hate my sisters for making me help them make cookies.
I put all mine in my freezer so I won't eat them,
but my body is so sluggish. I never knew sugar is like alcohol.

It most certainly is! I never noticed how badly I felt after sugar in the past, but the last couple of years it's been very obvious to me. It's so hard during the holidays, isn't it?

I'll post a quick update.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter