My "I'm just going to see some friends" Solo Trip PTR

HFJohnson

DIS Veteran
So a little while ago I overheard some work colleagues discussing someone they used to work with and how "she always went to Disney" and "why would an adult do that?" in a less than complimentary tone. So I though it might not be best to mention that I'm going back to DLP for my sixth trip next week. Without the children. On my own. So if anyone asks, I'm just going to visit some friends for a couple of days!

So, the details...

This is a sneaky trip to get some more use out of my AP and because we last visited in May so didn't get to try out Ratatouille. I've also been dying to go on my own so I can just amble round in my own time and please myself. Poor DH has had enough of Disney for now so we won't be doing any more family trips until Florida in 2016 but I've promised DD and DS that I'll take them both back to DLP before then. In the meantime this trip is just for me!

More details to follow....

I've read that TR too Anemone, it's fab isn't it!

So the basic plan is...

Sunday 5th October - get up early and drive down to Ebbsfleet to catch the 10.30 direct train. Eurostar sent me a voucher for a free hot drink a couple of days ago so I'm glad I booked a seat the near the buffet car now!

I've arranged to meet two other forumites at 3pm so they can get a discount on their APs so I might dash over to the Hipark to see if I can check in/leave my bags or I might just go straight to the park and leave my bags at the storage place there (free with my Dream AP). I'll probably decide when I get there.

Monday 6th - Definitely EMH followed by breakfast at Salon Mickey, then over to the Studios for the morning.

Tuesday 7th - Possibly EMH. Train home, via Lille, leaving MLV at 4pm

Other than that I haven't made any real plans or made any ADRs! I'm trying to do this on a budget so will mostly be eating at c/s places unless I decide to splash out while I'm there. I've made a wish list though so if I can tick off most of it I'll be happy...

* Go on Ratatouille including once via the stand by line if the queues are ok so I can see the pre-show area
* Have a Glowtini
* Buy some fudge
* Try the waffles in Cafe Fantasia
* Spend some time visiting all the shops and taking in all the details
* Watch Dreams at least once
* Get up for EMH at least once
* Go on Casey Junior on the Sunday as it's shut on Monday and Tuesday. I haven't been on this ride for ages as the queues have always been too long
* Go on Pirates to see if the refurbed effects are still working
* Visit EoS at least once
* Do a bit of Christmas shopping for stocking fillers etc
* Check out the Halloween decorations, parades etc (I haven't been during October before)

Possible food options...

EoS (actually this is a definite)
Fuente del Oro
Lucky Nugget
Blockbuster Cafe

So exciting and so soon too :thumbsup2

I love that you've told people at work that you're going to visit some friends :lmao: I suppose you are really ;)

Sounds like a fantastic idea, able to wander around wherever you fancy - can't wait to hear all about it :)

I love that you've told people at work that you're going to visit some friends :lmao: I suppose you are really ;)

That's true. I'm looking forward to catching up with Peter and Buzz and introducing myself to Remy ;) I'll be keeping the details to myself though. I got some funny looks when I mentioned that DH and I had been last year (without the children??) so I think this would tip them over the edge! :p

Awwww I'd love a solo trip but I'd never get away with it with my lot!! lol Little3 bit jealous!

Have a LOVELY time!!

C x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter