My husband's journey with brain cancer.... Happy Thanksgiving to all!

seaprincess

Mouseketeer
I am very sad to report that my dear husband Benjamin of 13 years passed away Monday afternoon after a 14 month struggle with brain cancer. He fought very hard until his last breath. I have been unable to bring myself to the message boards because of my sadness, but as the funeral and wake approach, I feel more at peace that he is no longer struggling.

For all of you who have shown compassion and shared in our journey, thanks for lending an ear and a hug. I am so inspired to do more research for Brain cancer that I am thinking of switching careers. I only hope that one day, there will be a cure.

My darling husband Benjamin is now sleeping with the angels:littleangel::littleangel:. Rest in Peace my darling.

Benjamin Huffman October 1968-September 2009. I love you~:hug:

I am so sorry for your loss. Please try to take comfort in your memories. I will keep you both in my prayers.

I am so very sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts and prayers during this very difficult time. :hug:

I am truly sorry to read this.. please come here if you need to talk anytime, we are here for you. May he rest in peace and that you find peace as well knowing he is no longer suffering..
Marsha

Lisa, I am so sorry to hear the news about your precious Ben. I pray Gods peace and comfort for you in the days ahead. May you take comfort in knowing your dh is at peace now and when your heart is heavy think of all your wonderful disney memories too. Blessings to you always.

Praying for you & all your family during this difficult time.:hug:

Prayers and hugs to you - and remember, it's ok to once in a while say "the heck with all that stuff about 'he's better off' - I miss him and it's not fair!". And don't feel guilty about those moments, either!

You cannot think that way 24/7 or you will waste your life away as well, but gosh darn it, everyone is entitled to acknowledge those feelings too once in a while! I do ultimately believe in the idea of a "greater plan" but I figure we don't always have to be happy about all the steps along the way, either...

No words can describe what you are going through. My heart goes out to you. My thoughts are with you at this sad time.

I am so sorry. I have been thinking about you. Thank you for taking the time to update us.

May God Bless You and give you strength and peace.

:hug:

I am very sorry for your loss. I can't begin to imagine how you must feel. Prayers for Ben--and for you.

My deepest sympathies on the loss of your beloved husband. Please know we are here for you...hugs.

I am so sorry for your loss! I also lost my husband to cancer - last month to kidney cancer. I understand exactly how you're feeling - God bless you!

Lisa

I am very sorry for your loss. My friends father died September 19, 2008 from brain cancer last year.

I just wanted to offer my condolences... I'm so sorry that your journey together has ended in such a way. My husband was born just a few weeks after Benjamin, it is so unfair for ones so young...

And thank you so much for taking the time to reply to my post about my husband and for your kind offer of support. Miles fights a different form of the vicious beast - yet here we are in such similar circumstances...

I hope that in time you are able to find some peace :grouphug:

Amanda xxx

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I pray you feel wisps of angel wings that help your heavy heart feel lighter.

I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter