-Both Studios and Island of Adventures
-Through Dec. 31, 2013
-Ticket valid for all ages
-No blockout dates
-Free access to City Walk Access
-For any 3 nights

$134.99

Oh and my Costco is located in Richmond VA

It isn't such a good deal if you are planning on using the days all at once. If you are going to be going to one day for the next few years, then it is a great deal since there are no other non-expiring tickets.

Hi,

I know this thread is old but I was wondering:

3 day park-to-park passes at the Universal Orlando website are $165.06 (or $155.06 if you buy multi-day passes online ahead of time as I understand it?) and 3 day 1 park passes are $149.09 (or $139.09 ahead of time).

So wouldn't the Costco 3 day park to park tickets (which can be used at 3 days until 2013, and no need to be used consecutively on one trip) at $134.99 be a better deal whichever way you look at it?

I'm going to WWOHP this weekend and am planning on getting the Costco tickets--even if I only have one day at the park, I fully intend to return sometime before 2013! Is this the best deal for me?

Thank you in advance!!!
:hippie:

Yes it's a good deal no matter how you look at it. It's still cheaper. The 3-Day park-park ticket is only $144 in advance online, so you save $10, minimally.

I am buying one ticket each month i go to costco so by the time my trip comes around, we're ready! :cool1:

woohoo! Thanks for confirming that the costco deal is the best. i was starting to second guess myself since i've read almost every post on WWOHP and was presented with so much info that i was all turned around! haha OVERRR RESEARCHINGG!:lmao:

I think it'd be really helpful to start a running list of Costco locations that carry the tickets as I had to call around a few locations to find one near me. And so far from what I've found, only Costco sells the tickets---not BJs or Sams (at least not the ones in Jersey City, NJ).

As of yesterday, the Hackensack, NJ Costco does not have tickets, but the Spring Valley, NY location does.

I would definitely call ahead before making the trek out to Costco to ask how many they have in stock..which by the way, isn't accurate. I called yesterday morning and they assured me they had 14. I called at 5:30 pm right before heading out and they said 11. When i got there, there were 9.

...though I wouldn't be surprised if HP enthusiasts like myself were snatching them up all throughout the day :yay:

Yes it's a good deal no matter how you look at it. It's still cheaper. The 3-Day park-park ticket is only $144 in advance online, so you save $10, minimally.

I am buying one ticket each month i go to costco so by the time my trip comes around, we're ready! :cool1:

Just be careful they don't run out of tickets before you have gotten all of the ones you need. ;)

I had been seeing this deal for months at my local Costco in Manhattan, but when I went in last week to purchase the tix for my trip this month, they were all out!

Customer Service checked the computer and sent me to the Yonkers, NY Costco with the computer saying they had 26 in stock (none were listed for New Rochelle). Low and behold, after driving up to Yonkers that same day, they had none in stock.

Customer Service informed there that there is a difference between what is listed as "in stock" vs. "on hand" in their computer system. He showed me that he had to click on the store directly to see how many are "on hand" (which indeed was listed as 0). Checking each listing separately, he found that the Nanuet, NY Costco had 18. Taking the chance, I got to Nanuet ten minutes before closing and was able to purchase what I needed. Seems like alot of work to save a few bucks, but the fact that they are park to park and don't expire until 2013 was a big selling point for me!

So, lesson to be learned? If you want these, get them soon. I get the sense that they are selling fast and are not being restocked. Manhattan Costco told me that they weren't going to get anymore. Lesson #2 - if your local store doesn't carry them, ask customer service in person to check the individual listing for the other Costco's near you and then have them call the store and have the clerk check the stock visually. This will save you lots of driving around. Clerk at the Yonkers Costco had no problem doing this. :flower3:

My husband got ours today, and I was happy to see that there was no tax charged, since I was wondering about that.

My husband got ours today, and I was happy to see that there was no tax charged, since I was wondering about that.

That's funny. I saw that comment about no tax before on here as well. When I spoke to them at the Costco here in Manassas, VA, they said that yes there would be tax. Do some places tax and some not, or is it maybe that some states do and some don't? :confused3

TheQueenMum---I saw them in an Austin Costco back in August. I can't remember which one...I want to say it's off mopac (if you're in Austin)...

If it's like the 3 day passes on the Universal website, all three days would have to be used in the same 14 day period.

Is that true of these tickets too? If so, it might not be worth driving a long distance to save $10. But if you can use 2 days this year and 1 day next year, that would be worth the drive (I would have to drive to Canada!)

If it's like the 3 day passes on the Universal website, all three days would have to be used in the same 14 day period.

Is that true of these tickets too? If so, it might not be worth driving a long distance to save $10. But if you can use 2 days this year and 1 day next year, that would be worth the drive (I would have to drive to Canada!)

The Costco tickets are non expiry until 2013. They aren't available in Canada.

That's funny. I saw that comment about no tax before on here as well. When I spoke to them at the Costco here in Manassas, VA, they said that yes there would be tax. Do some places tax and some not, or is it maybe that some states do and some don't? :confused3

I live in Alabama where everything is taxed (including groceries). I was pleasantly surprised that we did not have to pay tax on the tickets.

After many phone calls, I was able to seek out and purchase 3 passes at the Everett MA Costco. As of that point, I believe that they had approximately 24 left. I was VERY excited that I did NOT have to pay any tax on them!!!

the costco passes really are a great deal because you don't have to use the 3 days consecutively. this allows for flexibility.

we intended on going all 3 days during this trip, but after 2 straight days in IOA/UO, we were tired and decided to save the 3rd day for our next trip to orlando.

so the costco ticket really worked great for us!

They don't expire until 2013! we will definitely be back by then to see what new things they've added!:thumbsup2

Does this 3-day ticket take on the form of one ticket? Or do you get 3 tickets total? The reason why I am asking this is because I'm wondering if 3 people can use different tickets for the same day? Because if so, then this would be a great deal! Or if they are in the form of 1-ticket per day, does this ticket have the same barcode, which would prevent 3 people from using 3tickets at once?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter