MVMCP: Worth it for adults?

perla75

DIS Veteran
I've always been curious about this and I just noticed that there will be on on 11/29.

We have a trip planned but were planning to leave on 11/29. But, if it's worth it, I'm considering booking one more night to be able to attend this. I would be taking a day off from work to make this happen so I want to make sure it's worth it!

Some questions please:

-Is it fun for adults? We are a couple in our early/mid 30's and we will be traveling with my parents (mid 60's). I'm obsessed with holiday stuff (especially at Disney), my parents I think would enjoy the special fireworks but they are not big on character interaction, though it's not a big deal. They are also not christian and would not enjoy being bombarded with anything religious.

-What goes on at MVMCP that makes this night different from regular EMH? Is it worth the $55?

-Would the MVMCP scheduled the Sunday after Thanksgiving be popular and hard to get tickets? Is it super crowded?

Thanks!:goodvibes

:thumbsup2 DH (44) and I (40) love the MVMCP. We have been twice each trip for the last 4 years. WE enjoy the parade. We have taken his Mom (66) and my parents (65, 71) also. They all loved it and thought it was so good they went the second time on the trip, too. There are the secular christmas songs and celebrations--there may been religious undertones in some of the songs you will hear. I think it is worth the $55 just for the fireworks. THey shoot several off simultaneuously around the World from each of the Lands. THere are cookies and hot cocoa and it is fun to just walk around enjoying the snow on Main Street. SO there are lots of very sweet and special things happening that evening. If you like getting in the Christmas Spirit it is definitely a must do....do I think you need to miss a day of work...I don't know.....

When I try to make dicissions like that, I think.... When I am 75 will I think back and enjoy the memories of the wonderful time I had with my parents walking through snow on Main Steet. It was a must do for me....it was my one trip with them so we gave them the tickets for their anniversary. Yeah it was $110 but I got the best pic of them kissing under a decorated lamp post in Liberty Square....priceless.;)

:) Ohhh, no character interaction unless you want it---we had our fill with the precious parade and then did rides and stuff.

:thumbsup2 DH (44) and I (40) love the MVMCP. We have been twice each trip for the last 4 years. WE enjoy the parade. We have taken his Mom (66) and my parents (65, 71) also. They all loved it and thought it was so good they went the second time on the trip, too. There are the secular christmas songs and celebrations--there may been religious undertones in some of the songs you will hear. I think it is worth the $55 just for the fireworks. THey shoot several off simultaneuously around the World from each of the Lands. THere are cookies and hot cocoa and it is fun to just walk around enjoying the snow on Main Street. SO there are lots of very sweet and special things happening that evening. If you like getting in the Christmas Spirit it is definitely a must do....do I think you need to miss a day of work...I don't know.....

When I try to make dicissions like that, I think.... When I am 75 will I think back and enjoy the memories of the wonderful time I had with my parents walking through snow on Main Steet. It was a must do for me....it was my one trip with them so we gave them the tickets for their anniversary. Yeah it was $110 but I got the best pic of them kissing under a decorated lamp post in Liberty Square....priceless.;)

Thank you for your input & also for your rationale. My mom is actually very sick (though not symptomatic yet) & I really want this to be a special vacation. From what you described (the memories) I do think it will be worth missing a day of work. ;)

Do you really walk through snow on Main St???:banana:

We didn't think it was worth it - a lot of money for a short period of time in the park. Besides, we are from Wisconsin and don't need to go to Florida to see snow.

I'm going to be honest here, I don't think MVMCP is worthwhile for adults IMHO. I'm such a sucker for anything disney, and a sucker for all things christmas too, and I was a little let down... sure, the decorations were beautiful, but you can see most of them outside of the party. The parade is, well, cute... but it is FAR too long. I love parades, and after seeing the MNSSHP parade, I was expecting so much more for MVMCP but it was just too long and monotonus for my liking.

I feel like there are just as many magical holiday moments to be had without shelling out the extra $ for some 'free' hot cocoa and cookies. If it were me, I'd rather check out the decorations at the resorts, catch the osbourne lights, stand in the snow in the streets of america, or the candle light processional at epcot.

Just my opinion, I'm sure MVMCP holds a special place in alot of people's hearts, it just isn't worth it for me, and it wouldn't be an event I would go out of my way to attend. :thumbsup2

It's worth it yes...plus, it's also nice to sneak off during it and hit the rides which stay open. Everyone else watching the parade...us going on buzz's ride again and again and space mountain again and again and...

:thumbsup2 See it is "soap" snow, but it looks like the real thing to us...we live in Mississippi. It was really a great experience and if you go for the spirit of the Season then I think you will enjoy it. There are some things I wouldn't do again......Yuletide Fantasy Tour...expensive but not interesting until we got to the warehouse and they talked about how Disney organizes the decorations for the holidays.....the rest of the time, not so great.....and I love Christmas...put up 3 trees each year, etc. Go with an expectation of merriment and fun and that is what you will have.:banana:

I'm going to be honest here, I don't think MVMCP is worthwhile for adults IMHO. I'm such a sucker for anything disney, and a sucker for all things christmas too, and I was a little let down... sure, the decorations were beautiful, but you can see most of them outside of the party. The parade is, well, cute... but it is FAR too long. I love parades, and after seeing the MNSSHP parade, I was expecting so much more for MVMCP but it was just too long and monotonus for my liking.

I feel like there are just as many magical holiday moments to be had without shelling out the extra $ for some 'free' hot cocoa and cookies. If it were me, I'd rather check out the decorations at the resorts, catch the osbourne lights, stand in the snow in the streets of america, or the candle light processional at epcot.

Just my opinion, I'm sure MVMCP holds a special place in alot of people's hearts, it just isn't worth it for me, and it wouldn't be an event I would go out of my way to attend. :thumbsup2

Thank you for your honest opinion :) We get impatient with long parades as well.

Are the fireworks different on MVMCP nights?

Do they do the snow on Main Street on non-MVMCP nights? We are from New England BTW;) I just thought the idea of snow on Main St would be wonderful.

:) I have only seen it on MVMCP nights. The FW are different, santa is there and so are presents instead of smilie faces/frowns.....;)

I went I think twice when I was younger. Very not worth it for me. I think the current ticket prices are so absurd for such a short event. However, you said you love holiday stuff, so I would say only you (and your DS) should go.

I think it is well worth it. I was there for my honeymoon in '07. That was the 2nd time I was there and the 1st time with no kids. Its a different experience. I would highly recommend it. We are going again this year with my whole family 6 adults and 3 kids. I can't wait to see the kids faces!!:santa:

I am an adult with an AP and I am going to MVMCP twice during my stay in December. I love the party's. This is one of those questions where you are going to get people who like the party's and think it is worth it, and those who think it is a waste of time and money. If you have the money I would say try it and see what you think. :santa:

It is quite expensive for what you get. However if you think your mom will enjoy it then it is probably worth it. :goodvibes

I am 22 and my mom is taking me to celebrate my graduation from college in December :) She is really doing this for me b/c she doesn't like Disney, but I thought the Christmas party would be fun for both of us. I got a lot of opinions from both sides when I posted a similar thread a while back. I finally made my decision based on the fact that in the end, I'd rather regret doing the party than NOT doing it. Sure, maybe it won't be worth it - but then I will know for the future instead of wondering what I missed out on! I say go for it!

-Is it fun for adults? We are a couple in our early/mid 30's and we will be traveling with my parents (mid 60's). I'm obsessed with holiday stuff (especially at Disney), my parents I think would enjoy the special fireworks but they are not big on character interaction, though it's not a big deal. They are also not christian and would not enjoy being bombarded with anything religious.

Yes, its fun for adults. My partner and I went last year... he's not a big Disney person AT ALL... and a little "hum-bug" about the holidays too--yet the snow on Main Street and the entire spirit of the event is great. (We're not religious, and find it perfectly entertaining.)

Get some hot chocolate, park yourselves somewhere comfy for the parade, and take in the atmosphere. We've thought that the nights always feel somehow calmer and a little happier than normal EMH.

Its always fun to watch the expressions on lil' kids faces. Always amazed by the 'snow' and shows, and Santa. Good times.

~Matt

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter