MVMCP...who wants to join us on the 2nd?

luvdsny

Homeschool Mom Extraordinaire Go Broncos!
If the dates don't change, there will be a MVMCP on Sunday, December 2nd. My family is thinking about doing the MVMCP on this night. Would anyone else like to join us? I hope so. :)

UPDATE 8-7-01: Everyone who is interested in joining us for dinner at Crystal Palace before MVMCP will be responsible for making their own PS's. Well meet around 5:00PM, so try to get your PS for as close to that time as possible. :)

UPDATE 7-24-01: Let's say we meet for dinner at the Crystal Palace around 5:00PM. ((someone noted that the hours for the MVMCP start at 7:00PM instead of 8:00PM this year.)) ((knowing that we'll still be waiting for DIS'ers at 5:15PM and 5:30PM. ;) ))

Crystal Palace Character Dinner Buffet Menu and Prices--first thread on page 2.

Oh, Luv!!!! I'm jumping up and down! Our group is planning on going that evening as well.
I hope the strategy will work out to be less crowded too :)
It will be me w/ my two girls:)

Oh, one more thing. Some of you know that I'm planning on this being an adoption celebration for my 12 yr old daughter. (If the red tape is all gone thru) I got two different calls last week. One of them told me that we were going to trial 9-10 for sure, then the next day, someone else told me that they have set up a mediation for us 8-14. Guess if the mediation goes well, there will be no need for the trial, but we have the date set for a trial if the mediation doesn't work out.
Gerri

Hey, are we going to try a PS for dinner together? If so, where?

:wave: Hi Gerri. :wave:

Yes, I think we should make a decision about where we want to eat that night, because the 120 day mark is coming up on July 31st for the begining of the convention..... :eek:

I don't know what my options are....but I would vote for the place with the most open floor plan so as time goes by and more and more people decide to join us ( :D ) we'll be able to easily add people. Also, it will make for better meeting/conversing/etc.

luv - US US US!!!

We are 8 and want to do MVMCP on 12/2 ao please please add us to the list!!

Do we know when tix will go on sale? This is one thing we have never been able to do in all our Disney years so won't miss it.

Well, I must admit that sounds like fun!! We are already planning to go on that date and would love to meet you all!! Can anyone participate in this meeting of the Dis? I am not familiar with convention rules:-)

CatOne:bounce: :bounce:

Yes, Cat. You could join up with us. The convention is over, and the MVMCP is seperate from it anyway.

Luv, I know that Crystal Palace is one place, and Liberty is too. I've never been to either, but by that time of my trip, I'll be getting low on funds so please, let's not find the MOST exspensive R. in Magic Kingdom :)
Gerri

That is the night that we are planning on going. We had such a GREAT time meeting everyone at our June meet, that I would love to be able to join you!!! There will be 4 of us. We planned on making a PS at either Crystal Palace or Liberty Tree at about 5:55pm to be able to be in the park when it reopens.

LMK the details
Lauren

This is going to be great!!!! :) Let's see if we can round up some more between now and the beginning of August, then we'll get down right serious about making our PS arrangements.

Definitely don't want a spendy place....just some place to meet and greet before we hit MVMCP.... :bounce:

Yes, anyone and everyone is welcome. :) This is a non-convention event.....so come one, come all! :bounce:

Hey Tia, we were planning on doing 2 MVMCP while there and i talked to mom and she said that sounded great for that night. I dont know if you all know or not but they changed the hours this year. Last year it was ffrom 8pm till 1am. This year it's from 7pm till 12am. Im thinkiing if you all our planning to enjoy a chacter dinner like crystal palace a 6pm or 5:55 resveration is cutting it really close. Last year before MVMCP we had PS for 6pm and remember MVMCP didnt start till 8pm. We barely got outside on the front porch when they said go! Till you greet the chacters and eat and go potty, a one hour time might not do it. For those last year with earlier ps when they finished eating they were allowed to sit on the front porch just not go off of it. And for park ps's you can only make them 60 days out i think. Im thinking here a 5:15 ps time is good IMHO. But let us know who knows Tia we may all get stuck together on SM singing Christmas carols.LOL

Lisa {still missing my thing}

Lisa-
Thanks for that time info!!!! I amd 2 of my neighbors REALLY appreciate it. All of us though that it started at 8pm. Does that mean they are closing the park at 5pm?

luvdsny-
Any place is good with us to eat. I was just aiming at a Character meal to keep my kiddies happy. We had A GREAT time with Tigger at CP in June. Wouldn't mind Liberty Tree Tavern either. Are there characters at Dinner?

Why don't you post on RB? There will be alot of people in WDW at that time. We had 23 people at our June meet. It was a Wonderful, once in a lifetime experience!!!

Great advice Lauren. Thanks. :) I'll post this on the RB, but will you help me keep it bumped over there because I don't get over there very often. :rolleyes: ;)

I think Crystal Palace would be fine (my kids and I would love that too!)...and yes, thank you Lisa for letting us know about the time change....that will definitely impact when we make our PS.

Should we just take the bull by the horns here and make some decisions! That way people will have all of the facts when trying to decide whether or not they can join us.

Good to know that that those can only be made 60 days out....gives us more time to figure this all out! LOL

:bounce: we're gonna have a ton o' fun..... :bounce:

Tia , i thinkyou should just go for it. The CP IMHO was better cause it was serve yourself and much more open. I figure the way the tables are lots could sit together and near each other. Plus IMHO kids love to pick there own food.
Im not sure what time the park will close but i imagine it will be close to 5pmbecause last year the park closed at 6pm with fireworks and MVMCP was at 8pm. But who knows Disney seems to like to keep us guessing. I think on 10/03 is when we can make PS for CP or LT should you all choose it.I sugest calling super early that morning, i found PS's around MVMCP a challange to get.

Lisa

PS did you all notice i got part of my thing back!! :] :]

Thanks Lisa. I think I'll mark my calendar for October 3rd. Maybe several of us should call in just make sure we get a PS....???

I just went and checked out the Menu for Crystal Palace.

I'm so excited!! First this is a character Dinner Buffet, with Pooh, Piglet, and Eeyore.

The cost is $19.95 adults
$ 9.95 children

The menu includes:
Peel & Eat Shrimp

Assorted Cheeses

Tomato and Mozzarella Salad

Tuna Salad

Chicken Salad

Cole Slaw

Fruit Salad

Caesar Salad

Tossed Salad Fixings

Pasta Salad

Mixed Rolls -Rye, Wheat, White

BBQ Chicken

Seafood Caesar Pasta
Arroz Con Pallo (Chicken w/Rice and Tomatoes)

Chef Carved Ham

Chef Carved Prime Rib

Roasted Red Potatoes

Grilled Vegetables

Rice Medley

Kid's Buffet with Macaroni & Cheese, Chicken Nuggets, and Cheese Pizza

Ice Cream Sundae Bar

Brownies

Lemon Bars

Chocolate Chip, Sugar and Peanut Butter Cookies

Chocolate Torte

Strawberry and Coconut Cake

Cherry Cobbler

Chefs are happy to cater to your special dietary needs. Let the hostess know at the Podium and you can also talk to the Chef's at the Buffet.

This will be great to add to your post so folks will see what this is about, besides good people sharing good food :)
Gerri

luvdsny-

LMK when you post on RB. I will keep the thread going. CP sounds good to me. Make a managerial (?) decision, and post the meet!!! Just let people know we will verify the time when we can get the PS secured.:)

Hey Lauren.

I just tried to PM you, but your mailbox was full. :(

I hope you meant the Restaurants Board because that is where I put it. Thanks for helping me keep it bumped. :)

Tia

TOO funny!!! No, I meant the Resorts board, but I am sure a moderator will move it.

I just emptied my pm box, try again.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter