MVMCP and FP+ Question

DisneyObsessed87

Mouseketeer
From what I have read, FPs are not avaliable during the parties. We are planning on being at MK at 4pm on our MVMCP day and since the party does not begin until 7pm, will we be able to make FP reservations between 4-7? If so, did anyone do this last year?

Well, I was wondering something similar. My wife and I will be in Florida this December for a wedding. We're considering going to the MVMCP (without having "regular" admission tickets), and I'm wondering if I can make FP+ reservations for the 4-7 pm window 30 days out? Also, will I be able to book an ADR at BOG?

Well, I was wondering something similar. My wife and I will be in Florida this December for a wedding. We're considering going to the MVMCP (without having "regular" admission tickets), and I'm wondering if I can make FP+ reservations for the 4-7 pm window 30 days out? Also, will I be able to book an ADR at BOG?
at least in December 2013 you needed to have a regular park admission to select FP+.

If you are not staying onsite you can still book ADRs at 180 days from the date you want the ADR. However, with BOG being the hottest ticket in the World, I doubt that it will be available. Many people report that persistence pays off, so you can keep trying. Since BOG dinner has a cc guarantee, it might become available even the day before.

If you are not staying onsite you can still book ADRs at 180 days from the date you want the ADR. However, with BOG being the hottest ticket in the World, I doubt that it will be available. Many people report that persistence pays off, so you can keep trying. Since BOG dinner has a cc guarantee, it might become available even the day before.

Well, I had no idea you could make ADR's 180 days out without also having a resort reservation (thanks for the tip!), so I took your advice and started checking today, and Hoop Dee Doo, one came open for 4:05 PM the afternoon of our MVMCP visit!

Of course, not even RocketMan could make it from the turnstile back to Belle's Castle in 5 minutes (with MVMCP tix we should be able to get in at 4:00), so, do you think there is a chance they will let us in at say 3:30, if we show them our ADR for 4:05? After all, we are going to be spending more money on the Mouse, how could they say no?

Well, I had no idea you could make ADR's 180 days out without also having a resort reservation (thanks for the tip!), so I took your advice and started checking today, and Hoop Dee Doo, one came open for 4:05 PM the afternoon of our MVMCP visit! Of course, not even RocketMan could make it from the turnstile back to Belle's Castle in 5 minutes (with MVMCP tix we should be able to get in at 4:00), so, do you think there is a chance they will let us in at say 3:30, if we show them our ADR for 4:05? After all, we are going to be spending more money on the Mouse, how could they say no?

For a second I thought you said that you were going to Hoop Dee Doo at 4 on a party night!

Anyway, since the party really starts at 7, being admitted at 4 is a huge perk, so I'm not sure you will be let in much earlier than that. I have heard rare reports that people have been let in around 3:45. I would be at the turnstiles by 3:30 and try to be first in line when they let party goers in.

I think you should be there by 3:30 and see, in a worst case scenario even if they let you in at 4 pm, I am sure BOG will still take you for dinner even if you are 5-10 min late.

From what I have read, FPs are not avaliable during the parties. We are planning on being at MK at 4pm on our MVMCP day and since the party does not begin until 7pm, will we be able to make FP reservations between 4-7? If so, did anyone do this last year?

Yes you will be able to. We were able to book FP from 4-7 for MNSSHP and only have a party tix, not park tix.

We didn't have an ADR for BOG last year at MVMCP and we waited less than 15min for a table.

You can make the FP reservations between 4-7pm if you just have a party ticket, but I believe that will take 3 Fastpasses off your regular park pass-days allowance?

Mickeynov08 said:
You can make the FP reservations between 4-7pm if you just have a party ticket, but I believe that will take 3 Fastpasses off your regular park pass-days allowance?

We were able to make FPs for MVMCP in addition to our 5 park day tickets.

I posted about this back in June, and wanted to update our MVMCP FP+ experience:

We are attending the MVMCP on 12/11, with no other ticket media in our possession, just the MVMCP part tix.

I Purchased them online via the My Disney Experience web site. At the time of purchase, the options were to print at home, or have Disney mail us the hard plastic tickets. I chose the mail hard ticket option, which in hindsight was apparently the right thing to do. I'll explain why in a bit.

As we are staying off site, I had to wait until today (11/11) to try and make FP+ reservations for the 4-7 PM window. As I get up early for work anyway, I logged on to MDE this morning, and, like magic, was able to make 3 FP+ (Jungle /Jingle Cruise, BTM and Pirates) with no problem whatsoever. 7DMT, which I really hoped to get, were all out for the day. Standby line, here we come!

As mentioned earlier, the decision to have the plastic cards mailed to us was fortunately the right decision, as those are apparently RFID tickets that will allow us to use the FP+ ressies. From what I can gather, if you print the tickets out at home, you will then need to go to Guest Services and have them issue RFID tickets to be used at the FP+ "tapstile". Paper tickets won't work.

Finally, I got very fortunate a couple of months ago and was able to secure an ADR at BOG for 4:05 PM. My wife and I are really looking forward to that!

So, the fact that we're still 29 days out from actually using them not withstanding, MDE and FP+ look to be a great improvement to me!

I believe if you DO NOT LINK the plastic card to the MBs you can in fact get "double" FPP on your party day.
party:

That's what I read; unfortunately it was after I linked my cards to my bands so I was unable to try it out last year - plan to try to book FPP this year without linking bands and cards.

We attended the MNSSHP in 2013 and you also had to have a ticket for the park aside from having a hard ticket for the MNSSHP. I believe when you look at the event site it states this also. That said, I checked the Mom's Panel and they stated you did not have to have a park pass in addition to the hard ticket.

Last edited:
We attended the MNSSHP in 2013 and you also had to have a ticket for the park aside from having a hard ticket for the MNSSHP. I believe when you look at the event site it states this also. That said, I checked the Mom's Panel and they stated you did not have to have a park pass in addition to the hard ticket.

For clarity and others reading, only a MNSSHP ticket is required for admission to MK after 4:00p. If you are specifically discussing how tickets affected FPs, that is a different matter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter