Music for a Hawaiian Luau

disneychrista

DIS Veteran
Looking for ideas for songs to add to a playlist for a Hawaiian Luau/Beach Party themed event.

Any & all suggestions are, as always, appreciated.

Okay, I have a great playlist of true Hawaiian music by Hawaiian Artist...
Check these out!

Ka'ena Dream by Makana (love this one)
Ka Uluwehi O ke Kau by Hapa
Backyard Slack Hawaiian slack-key guitar ukulele by Sean Na'auao
Ulili E by Dennis and David Kamakahi (from The Descendants)
Dukes on Sunday by Henry Kapono
Ipo Lei Momi by Keali'i Reichel
Koke'e by Ledward Ka''apana "uncle Led..."
E Nihi Ka Hele another one by Makana (more Hawaiian slack-key)

These are from a couple years ago, and there might be more current songs by Hawaiian Artist.

Last edited:
Check this out...
This is the most amazing a beautiful performance of Ku'u Lei Awapuhi by Nathan Aweau and Ledward and Dennis (mentioned in the post above)
Get your good headphones for this one.
A timeless Hawaiian classic.
My all time FAVORITE. Wish I could get the audio. I think you can order the whole CD.

"Lovely Hula Hands" was my favourite song played at the Poly resort last year. It was on heavy rotation, so I heard it a lot, and now it's stuck in my head.

Aulani: Music of the Maka'ala
By Keali'i Reichel

The music is played in the lobby at Aulani. It is on Spotify. :)

Also Disney music in Aulani in Hawaiian. Played in the elevator. I was so happy when I found out there was a CD. Lol

Mele from Aunty's Beach House Aulani, a Disney Resort and Spa

You can download the background music from the Polynesian Resort from YouTube. I listen to it all the time at work.

My Dad walked me down the aisle to the Hawaiian Wedding song..it was a special one for my Dad and I. It would be a must for any Hawaiian themed event I would have.

Thanks for the ideas so far...

Anyone have ideas for pop/rock/country songs with an Island/Hawaiian feel to them? I want to try to have a mix of traditional Hawaiian songs and more mainstream songs.

Thanks for all of the suggestions, I love Hawaiian music!

For pop music with a tropical feel, try Jimmy Buffet.

Like the pp, I was going to suggest Jimmy Buffet. I know it's not technically Hawaiian, but it's very "beachy" and fun and upbeat. Lots of people know the songs and can sing along. It provides a great atmosphere.

The Trader Sam's background music can be found on Dcot, Disney Avenue and Youtube. It runs for two hours and has a mix of traditional Hawaiian instrumentals with some more upbeat Hawaiian takes on popular songs.

Like the others I was thought of JB...and the Beach Boys, Ziggy Marley, Michael Franti. One of my summer staple songs is Wipe Out by the Surfari's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter