Mummy, Daddy, Nanny, Anna and Poppy go to WDW!

PoppyAnna

DIS Veteran
:wave2:
Just thought I'd say Hi before we have the off, just a little bit of background for now, then I'll follow up with the trip report upon our return.

Cast: :grouphug:
Me (35) the planner, organiser and DW to
DH (39) Thrill ride lover
DD4 Ariel lover princess:
DD19mo Piglet and Lella (Cinderella) lover :cutie:
My Mum (57)
My Mum and DD's haven't been to WDW before, eldest DD has been to DLRP.

We leave on the VS027 from LGW hopefully at 1045, but we're going to online checkin and bag drop tomorrow as we're not far from Gatwick.

We are staying south i-drive at the Sheraton Vistana Villages. Not stayed there before.

All reports conclude that weather is mighty fine for the near future :cool1:

Sunday it's hit the ground running with the Akershus Princess Lunch at Epcot, DH and I aren't the biggest fans of Epcot so we'll take it easy on the first day.

We have plenty of rest days planned and aren't going commando stylee, it'll still be there next year, right?
Other adr's we have are Crystal Palace for lunch, Rainforest Cafe at AK for lunch, Sci-fi dine-in, Bibbidi Bobbidi for DD4 and Fantasmic dinner at Mama Melroses. Pretty standard stuff!
We will try and book some adr's when we get there, we're pretty flexible people and didn't want to over plan the trip.

Tonight is pamper night - you know what I mean, girls!

"Speak" to you all in three weeks.

Don't work too hard! :lmao:

Thanks for sharing your pre-trip report with us. I hope you have a magical time :wizard: It all sounds wonderful. Will look forward to reading your trip report when you get back.

Laur's princess:

Hope you all have a great time and am looking forward to reading your trip report.

Susan

Trip report teaser.....

We arrived home Sunday, we survived, we had tears (most of joy), tantrums, tiredness and Tonsilitis! Yes, we paid a visit to Orlando's Centra care.

Trip highlights were - The weather, Our accom & the pool! , Princess storybook lunch, Crystal Palace Pooh and Friends Lunch, Sci-fi, Turtle talk with crush, Beauty and The beast, Playhouse Disney, Fantasmic!, *** Philharmagic *** we all loved. Typhoon Lagoon, Kali RR, Tower of Terror, Bibbidi Bobbidi, Ariel's grotto, Small world (little 'un loved it) Wishes, and Photopass!

Trip low lights - Tonsilitis for my DD4, Bubba Gumps, Brush fires & air quality, delay coming home, coming home.

I took 1100 photos and video, when I've sorted it all out, I'll do a proper trip report.
Until then :cloud9:

Welcome back, Beckenham babe! :wave: Looking forward to your trip report and photos... :thumbsup2

Yes, we paid a visit to Orlando's Centra care....
In our house, a holiday is not a holiday unless someone has to visit the Celebration Hospital... ;)

Sounds like it was a great trip (except for the tonsilitis). Looking forward to hearing more.

Laur's princess:

Glad you had a good trip :goodvibes , apart from the tonsilitis :sick: . Can't wait to read more about your trip :)

Isn't the weather rubbish back in Becks!!! Got the heating on full![/QUOTE]

I know! Me too! Particularly pants this week... :sad2:

Welcome back! :wave: Sorry to hear your little one was ill. :sad2: Looking forward to your trip reports. :goodvibes

Can't wait for the first instalment!!!!!!!!!!!! Going back to Vistana Villages in October - loved it first time and can't wait to return. What did you think? and which section were you allocated? - photos to remind me pleeeeeease!!!!!!!

Welcome home.
Sorry to hear about the hospital trip. Sounds like you had lots of high's to make up for it :goodvibes

Day one - The flight and the settle in.

A reminder of the cast and crew (I'm the crew, they're the cast).
Me (35) the planner, organiser and DW to
DH (39) Thrill ride lover
DD4 Ariel and Sleeping Beauty lover
DD19mo Piglet and Lella (Cinderella) lover
My Mum (57)
My Mum and DD's haven't been to WDW before, eldest DD has been to DLRP, aged two.

Mum met us at Gatwick last night to twilight check-in so we all get up, get ready, have a quick cuppa, do the last minute checks and sans luggage we're off on holiday.
Gatwick is 45mins away and after being met by the car park rep we're into the terminal building. Change up last bit sterling that the girls were given as spending money from family and browse duty free, but ahhh!!! we're being called, so after mad dash and grab in Lancome it's off to the satelite to board. We got picked out for the full body search which the girls found amusing, I just wish the security guy had been more my type rather than the lady and gent we had that were at least seventy!
We're in row 21. Me, DH and dd19mo on the 3 seats together and dd4 and Mum across the aisle. They fit the infant care chair perfectly for little un and we take off on time. Girls are perfect for flight, little un even manages a couple of hours sleep. Phew.
Immigration, Baggage collection and Dollar desk are fast and perfect, so it's down to pick up car....we are still eagerly waiting our GPS reciever to pick up signal after an hour in terminal building. It doesn't. We start out for resort using map, 15 mins in GPS pipes up, Great!
I take dd4 to check-in with me to stretch her legs, she loves the sheratons reception but manages to resist running around the huge space.
We get to our ground floor 2 bed apt (5-105) and it's great we are all thrilled, a huge space for the girls, a full kitchen, a lounge, 2 beds and 3 bathrooms...
I call reception as there is no crib for dd19mo, within 10 mins a guy turns up with a crib AND a highchair - nice touch Sheraton!
DH stays with girls whilst Mum and I head off to pool bar for beers and some food.
We eat then I try to unpack as fast as poss whilst DH baths girls before bed.
We all crash pretty early after unpacking and dream of day one proper.
Here's the eldest and Mum on the flight.
orlando2007134.jpg

Great so far! It's fab living so near to Gatwick, isn't it? Makes me dead snooty about going anywhere else tho! ;) OMG your Mum looks terrific for 57 - better than me and I'm 43!!! :cool2: Can't wait to hear more... :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter