• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Multiple rooms on one reservation - credit use?

angel's momma

DIS Veteran
We have 3 rooms booked under one reservation.

I thought that the room keys would say 2 adults, 2 adults, 2 adults 1 child.

I've read some posts that say since it's under one reservation all keys will say 6 adults 1 child.

2 of the adults are eating at a Signature Restaurant. They planned to pay OOP at one of our meals together.

From some of the posts I've been reading, credits may be required for everyone at the table. That would leave us 2 credits short for our last meal. (This doesn't involve using kid credits for adults, so please don't go there :) )

Does anyone know for sure if our cards are going to have all 3 rooms on them?

ETA: The meal they planned to pay OOP for is much cheaper than the meal we'd be short credits for.

:confused3 I am curious about this too... we are in the same situation with my in laws and I really hope they aren't pooled... it will be too confusing since we are not spending 24/7 together!

So, if the rooms are under the same reservation, you can get the "discount" for the extra adults without paying full package price for them?

I have two rooms reserved, one room has four of us on the package and the other is a room only, but would love to add the adult that is in the room only to my package. Can that be done?

Panna said:
So, if the rooms are under the same reservation, you can get the "discount" for the extra adults without paying full package price for them?

I have two rooms reserved, one room has four of us on the package and the other is a room only, but would love to add the adult that is in the room only to my package. Can that be done?

Sorry, I don't know the answer, hopefully someone else does.

We used a TA to book 3 rooms, no discounts, (at least not yet, our trip is in Dec.) all on the same reservation.

Last year we booked 2 rooms with a package.

DH and I had room keys which were for 2 adults.

DD,DSIL.and dear grandson had room keys for 2 adults and 1 child.

I recommend you ask at for the DDP to be put on your seperate room keys for those staying in each room when you checkin.

Hope it works! :wizard:

We went last Sept. on DDP and had 2 rooms at POP. My parents were booked in one room with 2 of our kids and we were in the connecting room with the other 2 kids. I booked it all as 1 reservation and got all the papers sent to me, etc. When we got our room/ticket/DDP cards they were room specific. Everyone's said 2Adult 2Child. So 2 of our kids had meal cards linked to my parents' cards which wasn't a big deal because we did all of our TS together and didn't even use up all of our CS and snack credits in the end. I think because I knew how everything worked on the DDP it wasn't too frustrating for me, but I think my Dad got a little confused at times trying to figure out which cards to use. Back then we just used 1 card for TS to pay for everyone and when 1 room ran out we switched to the other room's card, but now with all the (apparent) confusion about people trying to cheat the system I think we would have to break the dinner down into 2 seperate checks for them to allow us to use DDP and prove that we were all on the plan. I hope that helps.

and the other is a room only
A room only reservation is just that -- a room only. They would need to cancel and rebook under a package with the dining plan.
If one of your res' is MYW + Dining package, and the other is Room Only, you must have two different res'. :confused3
As confusing as it sounds there is such a thing as Room Only, that may have a free round of mini golf or Sports admission connected. But that is it. There is no such thing as Room Only with Dining.

When we were just there at CBR we had two rooms. One room was myself and the 3 kids and the other was my husband. My room key had 3 meals per day for the 4 of us linked to the one room, and my husband had the 3 meals per day for his room on his card. So the two rooms were not pooled. We were on the premium package so we didn't have to worry about kids meals, CS, TS, snacks.

We just came back and had 2 rooms at the All Star Music under one reservation. But, my mother-in-law was the main adult on the second room with my 2 year old on her paperwork and my husband and I had the other room with our 2 children and infant daughter.

They gave us 2 seperate dining plans cards. Whenever we went out to diner, we would have to show 2 cards.. our family card and her card that only had herself on it. We did have to make sure we told the waiter at each rest. Some forgot and they had to go back and redo the bill. Just be sure to tell them you have 2 plans when your dining. That way your not waiting for them to re-tally your bill. Most of the waiters/waitresses were aware of this situation.

idreamofdisney24/7 said:
We just came back and had 2 rooms at the All Star Music under one reservation. But, my mother-in-law was the main adult on the second room with my 2 year old on her paperwork and my husband and I had the other room with our 2 children and infant daughter.

:offtopic:
Sorry this is off topic.

I have been reading that some of the rooms at All Star Music have been reburbished.

Were your rooms reburbished?

Here is the thread with photos of the newly reburbished rooms.
See post #8

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1139297

Thanks for sharing your info with us.

I hope you and your family had a funfilled vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter