MTW package options

melissat

Earning My Ears
Please offer any advice. We will be traveling with our son in January and are unsure about the dining plan. Our son,7, has Down Syndrome and our first visit we made plans but were very flexible to meet his needs and thus changed dinner plans often. He also has some definite preferences with meals. Is the dining plan something that might appeal to us? Do you get your moneys worth or have to work at using it?

Interested in experiences others may have had.
Thanks, Melissa

I don't have an answer for you because we've never done the dining plans.
You might also want to post this on the Restaurants Board if you don't get many answers here.

I know that they have made 'special' food for kids at the sit-down restaurants - my daughter couldn't find anything she liked at Cindy's once at dinner time, and the waiter got her a grilled cheese when it wasn't even on any menu there!

We've also gotten plain pasta when macaroni and cheese was the closest to it on the menu, and a plain roll and french fries in place of a hamburger.

As you can probably tell, my daughter has unique eating habits as well - we got her plain tofu (uncooked, cold, out of the package?) at EPCOT even!

I don't know how the dining plan will work for you if you don't plan a lot of sitdown restaurants - but we've found the sit-downs to have the most flexibilty with the menu.

Schmeck said:
I don't know how the dining plan will work for you if you don't plan a lot of sitdown restaurants - but we've found the sit-downs to have the most flexibilty with the menu.
That's a good point.
The counter service restaurants only have the ingredients for the food they serve - and a lot of it is at least partly pre-prepared.
The sit downs have a lot more variety on their menus, so they have more variety of ingredients to draw from.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter