Ms. Shuttergirl's dreaming of a White Christmas...Days 28-32 done, Boston & Washingto

Safe flights home Shuttergirl. So glad that you enjoyed Quebec, Niagara and Boston. I'd hate to think that you got the idea of going here because of me and then hating it all. :goodvibes

Well tonight is our last night in the US. Tomorrow afternoon we begin the long trek home.

Health update - yesterday was the first day I wasn't a complete snot monster so the cold dragged on annoyingly long but hey, nothing a few pills couldn't keep under control. I have also suffered from an achilles problem since the last few days of Boston until now. Frustrating because I've never had any issue like this. Again, I've just limped along behind the family and still seen everything I wanted to. DD has had another cold the last few days too so i guess it's good we are heading home.

We have had a wonderful time, seen so many things and I've ticked so many things of my list of things I've always wanted to see so that has been such a blessing.

I will keep writing my TR as and when I can, hopefully you will keep following along.

Thanks for all of the love and well wishes and I'll see you on the other side. Mwah. xoxoxo

It might pay to see a podiatrist when you get home. DH suffers from foot problems because of his arches being too low and he has always ignored it. As a result he's got to wear boots with special inserts for work and if he is at home wearing sandals for too long it plays up.

Hope your feet are feeling better for the rest of the trip.

safe travels home!! sounds like an amazing, wonderful, magic, fun filled trip has been had by all :)

your boston hotel is going down on my upcoming trip list as THE hotel at which we will stay while in boston :) sounds extraordinary :)

so sorry to hear you have been unwell, but it sounds as though your day of downtime occurred at the best possible time, rather than say, while in nyc or washington :(

can't wait to read about the rest :)

enjoy the last moments of your trip.....so many happy memories..and dont forget to use all your usa cash for last minute chocolate/snack/trashy mag purchases at the airport!

You have managed to organise another amazing trip for your family - all those hours on the Dis have been worth it!

I'm sure you are all looking forward to being back at home, hope the flight goes smoothly (and quickly!)

Thanks for the fantastic TR - your writing really made me feel like I was there. Of course I am really looking forward to the addition of photos:)

Wow. Your trip is truly amazing and I hope your family know how lucky they are to have such a wonderful person in their lives!

I really felt for you as I know first hand what it is like to be sick on holiday and in a foreign country. Your DH sounds like such a good egg though making you look after yourself and taking charge of the offspring and keeping them occupied!:goodvibes

You mentioned in an earlier post about the inspiration you have gained from your fellow Disboarders. Well, I for one ( and I know there are others! ) have certainly been inspired by you and your trip. And anyone that can interest my hubby in talking vacation is a star in my eyes:thumbsup2:rotfl:

We have taken in so much from your trip report.................especially all the handy notes re New York::yes::

So, safe travels and I do hope your journey home is a safe one:goodvibes

Ms Shuttergirl you mentioned a number of people, all of whom should be considered the inaugural ANZ DISboards Hall of Fame members, that have helped and inspired your trip planning. Well, you have have done the same for me and, reading the comments, countless others. You have a wonderful spirit in your writing that has been a pleasure to read. Thank you. Update when you can as I know you'll hit the ground running with a quick turn around before your Europe trip. To you and your family have a safe trip home.

Safe travels home Ms Shuttergirl :goodvibes

Looking forward to the TR continuation as DH is very interested in visiting Boston one day - I don't really know much about it!

Yes, the border thing is quite strange. We did it in Africa and I was just about wetting myself with anxiety about it :scared1: I could just imagine big guys in camo with rifles everywhere! But it turned out that it was quite quick and painless, and not so scary after all. It was a lot worse at the airports in Asia :lmao:

I'm so sad your trip is coming to an end, it's been such a joy to travel along with you! I know you'll have a lot on your plate with the trip-home busyness, but I'm really keen to hear how you spent your remaining time in Boston, it's one of my favorites . Did you have clam chowder or a lobster roll at the Quincy market? I still drool when I think of them....lol

It sounds to me as if you picked the perfect hotel for your last few nights, it's always nice to go out with a bang! The Omni Parker sounds simply wonderful :)

Hope that you find your way home safe and sound and that those pesky cold bugs quit and leave you and DH alone.

Andona

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Safe flights home Shuttergirl. So glad that you enjoyed Quebec, Niagara and Boston. I'd hate to think that you got the idea of going here because of me and then hating it all. :goodvibes

Hahaha, yeah lucky or I would've been after you.

It might pay to see a podiatrist when you get home. DH suffers from foot problems because of his arches being too low and he has always ignored it. As a result he's got to wear boots with special inserts for work and if he is at home wearing sandals for too long it plays up.

Hope your feet are feeling better for the rest of the trip.

I've always thought it wouldn't hurt to see a podiatrist. I think I may have fallen arches or something similar.

safe travels home!! sounds like an amazing, wonderful, magic, fun filled trip has been had by all :)

your boston hotel is going down on my upcoming trip list as THE hotel at which we will stay while in boston :) sounds extraordinary :)

so sorry to hear you have been unwell, but it sounds as though your day of downtime occurred at the best possible time, rather than say, while in nyc or washington :(

can't wait to read about the rest :)

Boston was great, glad to hear it's on your list now. The hotel was excellent. It's old, you can see in the hallways the magnificent cornice etc but also the bumpy walls haha. All part of the charm but I would definitely stay here again. I loved it.

And yes, I think the day I spent in the room was the perfect day of all the days.

enjoy the last moments of your trip.....so many happy memories..and dont forget to use all your usa cash for last minute chocolate/snack/trashy mag purchases at the airport!

You are always thinking Karen:rotfl2: That is a very good idea, I will stock up with snacks/mags and chocolate for sure.

You have managed to organise another amazing trip for your family - all those hours on the Dis have been worth it!

I'm sure you are all looking forward to being back at home, hope the flight goes smoothly (and quickly!)

Thanks for the fantastic TR - your writing really made me feel like I was there. Of course I am really looking forward to the addition of photos:)

It has been good. Not everything has been sweet smelling roses (like my son's annoying noises :lmao:) but overall it's been wonderful.

Thanks for reading along dabecs. I promise to finish reading your blog once I'm back and settled in.

Wow. Your trip is truly amazing and I hope your family know how lucky they are to have such a wonderful person in their lives!

I really felt for you as I know first hand what it is like to be sick on holiday and in a foreign country. Your DH sounds like such a good egg though making you look after yourself and taking charge of the offspring and keeping them occupied!:goodvibes

You mentioned in an earlier post about the inspiration you have gained from your fellow Disboarders. Well, I for one ( and I know there are others! ) have certainly been inspired by you and your trip. And anyone that can interest my hubby in talking vacation is a star in my eyes:thumbsup2:rotfl:

We have taken in so much from your trip report.................especially all the handy notes re New York::yes::

So, safe travels and I do hope your journey home is a safe one:goodvibes

It is a little disconcerting to be sick in another country, you are so right but fortunately it wasn't anything to worry about.

I hope I didn't offend anyone by naming some of the names of people who have inspired me and helped so much with my trips because really every single person on here influences my trips, down to the smallest details.

Glad I have interested your hubby in travel and I can't wait until you visit NYC, you will love it.

Ms Shuttergirl you mentioned a number of people, all of whom should be considered the inaugural ANZ DISboards Hall of Fame members, that have helped and inspired your trip planning. Well, you have have done the same for me and, reading the comments, countless others. You have a wonderful spirit in your writing that has been a pleasure to read. Thank you. Update when you can as I know you'll hit the ground running with a quick turn around before your Europe trip. To you and your family have a safe trip home.

Awwww thanks Minniemum, that is too sweet. I will definitely keep plugging away at the TR, it needs to be done before we go on the next trip :goodvibes.

Safe travels home Ms Shuttergirl :goodvibes

Looking forward to the TR continuation as DH is very interested in visiting Boston one day - I don't really know much about it!

Yes, the border thing is quite strange. We did it in Africa and I was just about wetting myself with anxiety about it :scared1: I could just imagine big guys in camo with rifles everywhere! But it turned out that it was quite quick and painless, and not so scary after all. It was a lot worse at the airports in Asia :lmao:

For a good read on Boston, PIO has a great trip report which is where I got alot of inspiration for Boston, and she's got lots of pics in there too.

Going across a border in Africa may have set my pulse to racing :rotfl:. Haven't been to any asian countries yet but do have plans to in the next few years so will keep my wits about me for that.

I'm so sad your trip is coming to an end, it's been such a joy to travel along with you! I know you'll have a lot on your plate with the trip-home busyness, but I'm really keen to hear how you spent your remaining time in Boston, it's one of my favorites . Did you have clam chowder or a lobster roll at the Quincy market? I still drool when I think of them....lol

It sounds to me as if you picked the perfect hotel for your last few nights, it's always nice to go out with a bang! The Omni Parker sounds simply wonderful :)

Hope that you find your way home safe and sound and that those pesky cold bugs quit and leave you and DH alone.

Andona

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Don't be too disappointed. I didn't have clam chowder, I don't really like that sort of thing but I had planned on having a lobster roll but just plan forgot. Dumb I know. Oh well, I'll just have to go back one day and have it then. I would love to see Boston and surrounds in Autumn.

Omni Parker House really was a lovely hotel, like a trip back in time.

Hope you had a safe trip home, Shuttergirl. You're probably in the air as I'm posting this....but I will be in the salt mines for a couple of days and will miss your homecoming.

Looking forward to the expansion of your TR cliff notes to date; and the addition of pictures.

Have a safe trip home ms shuttergirl, good to hear you were starting to feel better::yes::

Just wanted to let you all know we are back and survived the long trip. Trying to get on top of the workload etc so will be a few days before I can write anymore updates. Please forgive me :eek:.

Had an amazing holiday, very busy but just the right amount of busy. We are all back to being healthy now, thank goodness.

The amount of clothing and shoes we bought our children is obscene and shall never be discussed again :lmao:. They are so spoilt :).

And it's just dawned on me that in another 9 weeks, I have to do it all again. :scared1:. I am freaking out. Can't let myself think of it at the moment as I need to get through the next few weeks but the planning will have to begin in earnest come February.

Just wanted to let you all know we are back and survived the long trip. Trying to get on top of the workload etc so will be a few days before I can write anymore updates. Please forgive me :eek:.

Had an amazing holiday, very busy but just the right amount of busy. We are all back to being healthy now, thank goodness.

The amount of clothing and shoes we bought our children is obscene and shall never be discussed again :lmao:. They are so spoilt :).

And it's just dawned on me that in another 9 weeks, I have to do it all again. :scared1:. I am freaking out. Can't let myself think of it at the moment as I need to get through the next few weeks but the planning will have to begin in earnest come February.

Welcome home, we shall all be waiting patiently for more. Good Luck with getting through the inevitable work build up.

Ms. Shuttergirl said:

How cool. I'm so jealous. No time to get post-holiday blues as you're already getting prepared for the next one.

I can't wait till my trip is down to single-digit weeks.

Bumping this so it doesn't get forgotten. :)

Thanks Battymum for the reminder. I promise I will finish the TR but am drowning in work this week and perhaps into the next. I should then have a bit more breathing space to get back to rambling on.

Yeah yeah, don't you think I want to bore you all with my stories? You know I love an audience :rotfl:. I'm just too busy and tired to do it but as soon as I am, I will so be demanding your undivided attention again ;)

Ms. Shuttergirl said:
Yeah yeah, don't you think I want to bore you all with my stories? You know I love an audience :rotfl:. I'm just too busy and tired to do it but as soon as I am, I will so be demanding your undivided attention again ;)

Yay. Hope you feel back on top of things soon. We will wait patiently. I need to see DC. I just gotta.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter