MS gripe

eyeheartgoofy

DIS Veteran
I'm irritated right now. I think I was just lied to by a rathy grumpy MS representative.

I called to book a somewhat complicated reservation that involved switching a Friday night on points to a Friday night on cash. I was planning to use the freed up points to book a separate points and cash stay.

So, I first inquired about availability for the new reservation I wanted to make for later this summer - was told it was available and I could pay cash for the first night. Great. Then, the MS rep proceeded to tell me that I didn't have enough points for the reservation anyway, so she couldn't book it. I then explained to her that I would like to switch a Fri night point reservation next April to a cash night. MS rep said, "no, you can't do that there are no cash rooms available in April." I asked if she was sure. She said yes - no cash nights available. I then asked if she had any idea if they would be freeing up any cash nights sometime in the future - she told me no that it was full and they had no cash nights. So, I thanked her and hung up.

Then, I dialed right back and spoke to a different MS rep. I asked first about switching the Fri night April point to a cash night - she looked it up and *BINGO* Why yes, they have cash availability. It took 13 minutes, but she kindly completed my entire reservation request. I thanked her and hung up.

Yes, I know a cash night could have opened up in the 2 minutes it took me to redial the phone to MS. BUT - the first MS rep copped an attitude with me the minute she found out what I wanted to accomplish. I just had a feeling she was flat out being rude and not looking up availability. I'm so glad I called back and didn't take her word.

So, now I have 7 nights in a 1 bedroom at VWL next spring and 6 nights in a 1 bedroom at OKW this summer! Yeah!

You just solved the question of "What is Disney's best kept secret"

Probably not what MS wants to hear but that is the very best use of the tag line that I've ever seen! *insert bowing smilie here*

Yes, I know a cash night could have opened up in the 2 minutes it took me to redial the phone to MS. BUT - the first MS rep copped an attitude with me the minute she found out what I wanted to accomplish. I just had a feeling she was flat out being rude and not looking up availability. I'm so glad I called back and didn't take her word.

We're pretty new to the DVC game, but I thought the rule was "keep calling back until you get what you want". :rotfl2:

So far it's worked well for us. :thumbsup2

I had somewhat of the same experience 2 days ago. I went to change a 6 day reservation (5+1 on cash) to a 4 day and check back in on Sunday after a 3 day cruise. Was on the phone with him for about 25 minutes until he told me I'd have to borrow more points.. which I wouldn't have to do once I cancelled on of the dates. Then he told me I could have the 2 extra days at the AKV! I was so excited.. he continued to figure out what I wanted to do put me on hold for another 5 minutes and then came back and told me someone else grabbed the room before he could key it in. I eventually told him to cancel everything and start fresh. After I cleared it up for him he told me how many points I had left and they were 100% wrong.... luckily I went online after and my points were fine and the reservations worked themselves out. Next time I'll call back and get someone who know's what they're doing. Granted, everyone does have a bad day once in a while.

I'm irritated right now. I think I was just lied to by a rathy grumpy MS representative.

I called to book a somewhat complicated reservation that involved switching a Friday night on points to a Friday night on cash. I was planning to use the freed up points to book a separate points and cash stay.

So, I first inquired about availability for the new reservation I wanted to make for later this summer - was told it was available and I could pay cash for the first night. Great. Then, the MS rep proceeded to tell me that I didn't have enough points for the reservation anyway, so she couldn't book it. I then explained to her that I would like to switch a Fri night point reservation next April to a cash night. MS rep said, "no, you can't do that there are no cash rooms available in April." I asked if she was sure. She said yes - no cash nights available. I then asked if she had any idea if they would be freeing up any cash nights sometime in the future - she told me no that it was full and they had no cash nights. So, I thanked her and hung up.

Then, I dialed right back and spoke to a different MS rep. I asked first about switching the Fri night April point to a cash night - she looked it up and *BINGO* Why yes, they have cash availability. It took 13 minutes, but she kindly completed my entire reservation request. I thanked her and hung up.

So, now I have 7 nights in a 1 bedroom at VWL next spring and 6 nights in a 1 bedroom at OKW this summer! Yeah!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter