Mr & Mrs. R Live & Unleashed From SSR

Too right it doesn't! And true, some people maybe just thought "hey up, here's someone trying to push in" but part of me thinks that's just wishful thinking on our part as Make A Wish is a pretty well known organisation that has been going for decades and well documented in the national press... a lot more so than say the Starlight Foundation which do the same thing. Either way though, it's just plain wrong. No other way to put it is there?? :head shake

Too right it doesn't! And true, some people maybe just thought "hey up, here's someone trying to push in" but part of me thinks that's just wishful thinking on our part as Make A Wish is a pretty well known organisation that has been going for decades and well documented in the national press... a lot more so than say the Starlight Foundation which do the same thing. Either way though, it's just plain wrong. No other way to put it is there?? :head shake

No there certainly isn't. I follow make a wish on Facebook. Incredible charity x

Great to catch up. Sounds like a fab start. There are some wicked evil devils out there who think they have the right to be selfish and mean. Hope he falls head first out of TOT for upsetting that poor Child.

I'm so looking forward to hearing about your proper trick or treat experience.

Did they have Halloween activities at the resort, or did you not really spend enough time there to see what was on offer last night?

Hope he falls head first out of TOT for upsetting that poor Child.

Please remind me to stay on your good side :rotfl2:

So we're up and awake, ready for a fairly quiet day today. We are going to the final MNSSHP tonight and we want to have a relaxed day so we can stay until midnight (hopefully!)

Last night was a blast. Long story short, because we are planning to move to the FL next year, we've been following the lovely Parker family through their blog & Facebook who have recently moved from Texas to Florida (Taking the Florida Plunge - if you want a link send me a PM). Last night, we drove over to their house and took DD real trick or treating in Winter Park with them. DD had a wonderful time with new FL BFF and collected half a pillowcase full of candy! People were so kind and her accent won her a lot of extra candy :rotfl2:

On the down side we didn't plan our meals very well, we had a big breakfast at CP and didn't feel ready to eat before we left, but got chit chatting and didn't end up leaving until way after 9 and DW doesn't do well with missing meals. She was pretty rough last night with nausea and the journey back to SSR was a stop start affair but all was well in the end.

I'm so glad we decided to meet up with the Parker family, such lovely people and such a pleasure to spend time with them. We plan to meet up with them again at their blogger meet on the Boardwalk.

So, on to today. DD is still sleeping after running around with the Parker kids late last night. First stop when she wakes up will be breakfast so DW can refuel her system and then a pool day probably. It's supposed to be a hot day today (90+) so a relaxing day by the pool is defintely a smart move.

We'll be heading to MK for a 4pm at Crystal Palace for dinner and hopefully we'll catch T,I double G, ER today. First stop at the party will be Jack and Sally!

DD will be Claudine Wolf from Monster High
DW will be Red Riding Hood
I will be Abu

I'll post pictures on my TR I promise! :thumbsup2

Thank you to everyone following along and if you have any questions I'll try to catch them all and answer them for you as I go but if I miss your question, PM me and shout at me because I am kinda updating on the fly and I might miss something :goodvibes

Wow, you have fitted some fab experiences into just a few days already! Will be following the rest of your trip. :goodvibes

DD had a wonderful time with new FL BFF and collected half a pillowcase full of candy! People were so kind and her accent won her a lot of extra candy :rotfl2:

:goodvibes

Hope you've got extra luggage space for all that candy plus the extra you're gonna collect at MNSSHP:rotfl:

Hope you've got extra luggage space for all that candy plus the extra you're gonna collect at MNSSHP:rotfl:

CM told us that tonight is the last party and to prepare because they have to give out all the candy and tend to hand you truck loads of it. I'm thinking of employing a US concept I found out about last night... the "Switch Witch". Apparently, people tell their kids if they leave their candy out for the switch witch she'll take it away and replace it with a toy or gift card. I guess it's a lot cheaper than the dentist bill :rotfl2:

CM told us that tonight is the last party and to prepare because they have to give out all the candy and tend to hand you truck loads of it. I'm thinking of employing a US concept I found out about last night... the "Switch Witch". Apparently, people tell their kids if they leave their candy out for the switch witch she'll take it away and replace it with a toy or gift card. I guess it's a lot cheaper than the dentist bill :rotfl2:

Oh no, don't do that. You pay your taxes - the NHS is your Switch Witch :rotfl:

You will probably be handed more candy when you leave the park, just outside the turnstiles. There have been a few we have attended where end of the night they were giving us last stragglers filled bags of candy instead of scooping loose items up for our bags. Our loot between 2 of us for our 3 parties last year exceeded the 23kg allowance of the extra suitcase we booked. Needless to say most was left behind

Enjoy your party! I've done the first one of a season, but not the last. Should be a great atmosphere :cool1:

sounds like you're having a great time, can't wait to hear more about it when you guys get back!
Its really nice that you're going to GKTW too, i had such a lovely evening there last month :)

Oh no, don't do that. You pay your taxes - the NHS is your Switch Witch :rotfl:

You will probably be handed more candy when you leave the park, just outside the turnstiles. There have been a few we have attended where end of the night they were giving us last stragglers filled bags of candy instead of scooping loose items up for our bags. Our loot between 2 of us for our 3 parties last year exceeded the 23kg allowance of the extra suitcase we booked. Needless to say most was left behind

Enjoy your party! I've done the first one of a season, but not the last. Should be a great atmosphere :cool1:

Oh good lord. :rotfl:

Sounds like you're having a wonderful time. Look forward to reading more :thumbsup2

Forgive my pretty short update, we got back from MNSSHP at 1am last night and I am not kidding when I say my blisters have blisters on them today! :rotfl2:

OK, let me prefix this with saying that the party was a sell out. Being the last chance saloon all the remaining tickets were sold yesterday and it was ridiculously busy. That said, I think we made a bit of a hash of MNSSHP...

I really didn't enjoy a large chunk of it but toward the end I warmed to it a bit more. So, let me explain why I wasn't a happy bunny...

1. We got swept up in the moment and didn't follow the plan we had.
2. My costume (and DDs) were a poor choice for 9 hours in 90 degrees
3. Crowds were ridiculous until about 10.30

I got SO many compliments on my costume and I got to hang out with Abu which will result in some awesome PP+ pictures. However, a fleece costume and brown slippers do not make for a good choice!

We hauled 20lbs of candy out of there and got quite a few characters done but the big ones were 2+ hour lines most of the night.

I would definitely do it differently next time and learned some lessons.

On the positive side...DD made it to the end of the party and I enjoyed the latter part of it. Hallowishes was awesome, though we didn't have the perfect vantage point, the parade was great, but again, didn't have the best vantage point. I think the Christmas Party next week will be better because we've learned a thing or two.

Today we are off the DTD for lunch and then DHS tonight for the Fantasmic Package!

Forgive my pretty short update, we got back from MNSSHP at 1am last night and I am not kidding when I say my blisters have blisters on them today! :rotfl2: OK, let me prefix this with saying that the party was a sell out. Being the last chance saloon all the remaining tickets were sold yesterday and it was ridiculously busy. That said, I think we made a bit of a hash of MNSSHP... I really didn't enjoy a large chunk of it but toward the end I warmed to it a bit more. So, let me explain why I wasn't a happy bunny... 1. We got swept up in the moment and didn't follow the plan we had. 2. My costume (and DDs) were a poor choice for 9 hours in 90 degrees 3. Crowds were ridiculous until about 10.30 I got SO many compliments on my costume and I got to hang out with Abu which will result in some awesome PP+ pictures. However, a fleece costume and brown slippers do not make for a good choice! We hauled 20lbs of candy out of there and got quite a few characters done but the big ones were 2+ hour lines most of the night. I would definitely do it differently next time and learned some lessons. On the positive side...DD made it to the end of the party and I enjoyed the latter part of it. Hallowishes was awesome, though we didn't have the perfect vantage point, the parade was great, but again, didn't have the best vantage point. I think the Christmas Party next week will be better because we've learned a thing or two. Today we are off the DTD for lunch and then DHS tonight for the Fantasmic Package!

Have to say having done a sold out party we have said 'never again' - there are just too many people to get the full enjoyment.

Fleece costume - all I can say is eek! My last witches costume was sleeveless with a cape and that was warm enough!

Mmmm fleece costume ...ewwwww definite no no:sad2: :rotfl2: our cotton brushes pj bottoms were quite warm enough and they were worn with tshirts.

What happened to the plan then ..... why did it get so spectacularly dropped ???

Not sure if MNSSHP was a sell-out or not when we were there (10th Oct) but was a lot more people than we expected there to be. Before we went, ALL the reviews, party itineraries etc said most rides are pretty much a walk-on all night but we encountered lines 15 mins plus for most things and we queued nearly as long for Donald & Daisy as we did for 7 Dwarves! Alice & Mad Hatter was a good M&G but that was only coz we got in the queue by accident and the CM said we were going to be the last ones to see them.. there were only 3 or 4 families in front of us! :) Didn't get as much candy as other folks either so am not sure what happened there. CMs didn't seem to want to part with the candy too much coz we seemed to do LOADS of Trick or Treating stands but only came away with our bag (similar size to Disney carrier bag) about fifth full.

Ok, I have fallen hopelessly behind with these live updates -- good thing I am planning on doing a full TR when I get back :lmao:

A few quick updates...

1. We found where we will be moving to
2. Crowds are completely manageable
3. Few hiccups with FP+ but overall a simple system that works well for us
4. Be Our Guest --- AWESOME! Had lunch today and it was delicious!
5. Had a few character meals and have decided 1900 Park Fare is still the best for character interaction

Overall, the weather hasn't been bad, but it has been cloudy, cooler than usual and sporadic rain showers. Today was warmer, but the last few days have been mild.

Definitely recommend PP+ saves a lot of time and money.

You can be forgiven for not getting to the forums, given where you are right now :p

Good to hear a positive experience of FP+ :thumbsup2

It must be a good feeling knowing where you're moving to. I trust that it is good news to you :) My dad moved with his job a lot when we were younger and there were a few trans continental moves; leaving was a bit easier when we could tell our friends exactly where we were going to be :lmao:

We also love 1900 Park Fare. Did you do the breakfast or the dinner? We've done breakfasts there and I am wondering if we should go for a dinner too (it's purely for the step sisters :rotfl2:) The food quality and variety as well as the atmosphere and character interaction has been consistently good in our experience.

I'm looking forward to this full blown trippie on your return :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter