• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Moving to Japan

SWofDisorder

Expatriate Fun
I found out that we are moving to Japan and will be under 2 hour train ride to Tokyo. I went once in 2019 but now this will be my home park. I am very excited and hope to find out more about the AP's which I understand are not issued at this time and more about my new home parks.

^ So jealous and happy for you! We visited once as well in 2018 and would jump at the opportunity to move to Japan. Congrats!

That's exciting! Even without an AP, Tokyo Disneyland is relatively affordable - 2 days at TDR is about the price of a peak day ticket at Disneyland and 4 days at TDR is about the price of a 2 day ticket to Disneyland not including Maxpass and park hopping. Plus, the food in the parks is very reasonably priced.

That's exciting! Even without an AP, Tokyo Disneyland is relatively affordable - 2 days at TDR is about the price of a peak day ticket at Disneyland and 4 days at TDR is about the price of a 2 day ticket to Disneyland not including Maxpass and park hopping. Plus, the food in the parks is very reasonably priced.
We really had fun eating the food when were there in 2019. The popcorns and cute shaped things. I still have my little easter cup from a drink I had. I must find out what the rules are for entering, pricing, etc. I know the bullet train is 100 USD each way so it is not cheap but with a good budget we can do it.

We really had fun eating the food when were there in 2019. The popcorns and cute shaped things. I still have my little easter cup from a drink I had. I must find out what the rules are for entering, pricing, etc. I know the bullet train is 100 USD each way so it is not cheap but with a good budget we can do it.

You're two hours from Tokyo via bullet train? It's actually quite popular for people living near Nagoya or Kansai to have a Hong Kong pass and only visit TDR a few times each year using tickets. I don't recommend Hong Kong over Tokyo but this can actually be more cost effective if you just want to make 2 day Disney trips about once every 2-3 months. This is especially true if you buy a lot of merchandise and aren't after a lot of TDR exclusive items because merchandise can be very heavily discounted in HK.

Wild guess: Yokosuka or Yokota.

or since you mention the bullet.. Sasebo or Misawa.

I preferred Disney over TD.

Wild guess: Yokosuka or Yokota.

or since you mention the bullet.. Sasebo or Misawa.

I preferred Disney over TD.

Are you just guessing US military bases? None of those quite fit the description of a bullet train of just under 100 USD and under 2 hours.
Based on the description I would have guessed Nagoya with Nagano as a possibility.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter