Movies where the end suprized you

When Apollo 13 came out my wife and I went with friends to go see it. We are about 1/2 way through the movie when my wife grabs my arm and says, "do they make it?"
Me: Huh? You mean, you really don't know?
Wife: NO! Tell ME!
Me: Oh HECK NO! This makes the movie so much better for you.

Still one of the funniest things ever.

Just remembered, surprised in a bad way, the Tom Cruise vehicle, "Far and Away". Seriously, just walk out 15 minutes before the end. The movie would be so much better without that ending.

Just remembered, surprised in a bad way, the Tom Cruise vehicle, "Far and Away". Seriously, just walk out 15 minutes before the end. The movie would be so much better without that ending.

If you didn't leave the movie before that point, you kind of deserve what you get. Not one of Tom Cruise or Ron Howard's best IMHO.

More recently, Parasite. After so many years, a film that actually deserved Best Picture.

I will always, always remember seeing Far and Away because it was at the Ziegfeld in NYC in 70mm. It was the most amazing movie-going experience I ever had, so much so that I can’t particularly remember how the film ends! Oh, but that land rush scene on the giant screen....

Two already mentioned: No Way Out, and The Usual Suspects.

Also, but to a lesser degree:
  • City Slickers
  • Officer and a Gentleman
  • Thelma and Louise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter