Mouse Ear Hats

Misskitty3

DIS Veteran
Once you have a set of mouse ears, do you bring them each time you go to DL or do you occasionally just get another pair?

Just curious what others do.... ;)

I always get new ones.

Mouse Ears aren't the souvenir I hold in high regard, tho someone always gets some! DD gotthe Minnie Princess Ears last time, it has since lost it's veil & her head has outgrown it ... so we'll get new ones.

I am currently redecorating our playroom/family rm into a Disney theme .... I might get 4 when I'm there w/ each of our names for a display...hmmmm :rolleyes:

I bought a gold pair last Oct., I didnt wear them much because it was raining and didnt want them to get wet. In May when I went back with friends I got a classic pair of black ones. My kids each have a couple pairs of various colors. They are pretty cheap and fun, but we dont always wear them.

The ears would be something fun to wear each and every trip. But you have to remember that heads do grow, the ears wear out and so its necessary to replace them. If you have them already and want to use them, I dont see why you shouldnt. It saves you money.

But if you are thinking of purchasing something, such as the ears, remember there are always new hats coming out to choose from. Interests change, and so insted of mickey ears one trip, you might decide on a funny nemo hat or princess crown to wear *Depending on who is on your trip*, or a pirates hat or something or other.

The other challenge is TRAVEL. The ears aren't really designed to be durable hats, KWIM? I bought a classic pink pair for myself on a solo trip summer '05 and wore them home on the airplane because they wouldn't pack well. Let's just say there are a lot of NOT VERY MAGICAL people in this world, many of them flying SNA to DFW. :sad2: I basically smiled broadly and thought "yeah, well, while you were working, I was at Disneyland. Neener neener neener!" :earboy2:

That said, I pack mine in a box in the luggage for return trips. And still buy more because I think they are fun. DH actually asked me recently how many pairs of ears a girl needs. . . to which I replied, "As many as a girl wants!" I figure he should be glad I collect MM ears instead of diamonds. :rolleyes:

mk

Dale-n-Chip said:
The other challenge is TRAVEL. The ears aren't really designed to be durable hats, KWIM? I bought a classic pink pair for myself on a solo trip summer '05 and wore them home on the airplane because they wouldn't pack well. Let's just say there are a lot of NOT VERY MAGICAL people in this world, many of them flying SNA to DFW. :sad2: I basically smiled broadly and thought "yeah, well, while you were working, I was at Disneyland. Neener neener neener!" :earboy2:

That said, I pack mine in a box in the luggage for return trips. And still buy more because I think they are fun. DH actually asked me recently how many pairs of ears a girl needs. . . to which I replied, "As many as a girl wants!" I figure he should be glad I collect MM ears instead of diamonds. :rolleyes:

mk

LOL I would have loved to see you on the plane!

I have a questions I have been thinking over for a couple months. I have a pair of the 50th golden ears and they're still in perfect condition. I'm going to DLR in Dec. I know the 50th will be over but this trip is kinda on a budget, so would it be totaly weird to wear the golden ears after the celebration is over?

Go ahead and wear them autumnbaby9.You can rub it in that you have been there at least twice in the last year.BTW,I have a sister that lives in Weiser,Id and works in Boise. She loves it there.Hope you do too.

My DD10 has Pirates ears and DD5 has the princess ears and I'm going to have them wear them again,so I don't have buy more.DS12 has a Mickey dragon baseball hat he loves.DH has an Indiana Jones hat he bought in 1996 that he still wears and loves.Grandpa has a grumpy hat he wears because he knows it fits his personality.lol.

We get new one's every time. We have the traditional black, the gold, the pirate ears, and some other ones. This year we are getting the new Jack the pumpkin king ears! Whooo hoooo!

Get a pair of the Pumpkin Head Mouse Ears before they are all gone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter