Motion sickness and universal

We're planning our first Universal trip and motion sickness is the thing I am most worried about. I have no problem with any of the mountains at the MK, green Mission: Space, and Star Tours. However, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster made me so sick I laid down on a bench while my husband rode ToT when a cast member saw me and insisted that he get a wheel chair to take me to First Aid. For two weeks before the trip, I took ginger pills daily, wore Sea Bands, took Dramamine, and maybe had a patch behind my ear (it's just been about 5 years so I can't remember if I had it on or not.) It was the take off that got me.

Do you think watching YouTube POV ride videos help me decide what I think I can ride, because I know motion sickness is such an individual thing.

For those that have used the patch were you able to drink alcohol while using it?

For those that have used the patch were you able to drink alcohol while using it?

That's really a question for your doctor. In general, drinking while on the scopolamine patch can intensify some side effects like dizziness and drowsiness.

I quit drinking 5 years ago, so I do not have first hand experience.

We're planning our first Universal trip and motion sickness is the thing I am most worried about. I have no problem with any of the mountains at the MK, green Mission: Space, and Star Tours. However, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster made me so sick I laid down on a bench while my husband rode ToT when a cast member saw me and insisted that he get a wheel chair to take me to First Aid. For two weeks before the trip, I took ginger pills daily, wore Sea Bands, took Dramamine, and maybe had a patch behind my ear (it's just been about 5 years so I can't remember if I had it on or not.) It was the take off that got me.

Do you think watching YouTube POV ride videos help me decide what I think I can ride, because I know motion sickness is such an individual thing.

Interesting, I did RNR Coaster 3 times in a row with my son and I was fine, but one time of star tours and I'm feeling a little ill. Expedition Everest would also make me seriously ill for the day until I read to scream during the backwards part which stopped me from getting sick. Either that or the ginger pills, not sure which.

I am quite a bit concerned about getting sick at universal with all the motion rides.

That's really a question for your doctor. In general, drinking while on the scopolamine patch can intensify some side effects like dizziness and drowsiness.

I quit drinking 5 years ago, so I do not have first hand experience.

Thanks I realize that, but things like the patch, Dramamine and Bonine give the warnings about drinking while taking, but I was able to drink with no side effects on Dramamine and Bonine. I now have the patch which I haven't used yet, but will be trying it this weekend, before my trip in 3 weeks, and will drink while using so I can see if it affects me while at home.

I was just wondering how others have made out.

Interesting, I did RNR Coaster 3 times in a row with my son and I was fine, but one time of star tours and I'm feeling a little ill. Expedition Everest would also make me seriously ill for the day until I read to scream during the backwards part which stopped me from getting sick. Either that or the ginger pills, not sure which.

I am quite a bit concerned about getting sick at universal with all the motion rides.

I was really worried about the backwards part of EE. Going backwards normally makes me sick. The first time I rode it, I didn't get sick. The 2nd time I rode it was on a different trip and the day after I got sick on RnRC, and I got sick while on the actual ride. The women in AK's First Aid said that it was due to me getting motion sick the day before. She said that once you get motion sick, you are more prone to get motion sick for the next several days.

My friend drank while on the scop patch with no ill effects, and she's a lightweight. I had read a post that someone said they drank around the world at Disney on the patch also with no issues.

My friend drank while on the scop patch with no ill effects, and she's a lightweight. I had read a post that someone said they drank around the world at Disney on the patch also with no issues.

Thanks CAPSLOCK, if it affects me when I drink the patch will be coming OFF!!!

Thanks. Part of our trip is to celebrate our oldest son turning 21 and he wants to have an alcoholic drink in each park we go to.

Thanks CAPSLOCK, if it affects me when I drink the patch will be coming OFF!!!

Me too. Especially since having a drink in each park is something my oldest son is looking forward to. I would rather skip a ride than not have a drink with my son, like he wants. I'm just happy that I raised a kid, who would rather go to WDW and Universal to be able to purchase his first alcoholic beverage, instead of going out drinking with buddies.

Thanks. Part of our trip is to celebrate our oldest son turning 21 and he wants to have an alcoholic drink in each park we go to.

Me too. Especially since having a drink in each park is something my oldest son is looking forward to. I would rather skip a ride than not have a drink with my son, like he wants. I'm just happy that I raised a kid, who would rather go to WDW and Universal to be able to purchase his first alcoholic beverage, instead of going out drinking with buddies.

Enjoy that drink with your son. I agree their is no way I'm not drinking on vacation I'd rather miss some rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter