Most useful ECV accessories?

So does that mean that my cane holder will have to go?
I would think (and I really don't know) that it isn't that wide so as to be that far from the post. the only experience I had was the guest riding the other ECV parked on the same bus as me had to remove their backpack from the seat and was told just a flat jacket. If the cane holder is portable you could just move it? maybe?

Based on the image it does NOT jut out past the furthest point on the back of the scooter and I would think would be fine. (again, my opinion, not fact)
I think the seat is all the way forward in that position so it isn't. I'm tall so I always have seat as far back as it will go for more leg room and the cane holder definitely jutted out past the back of the ECV. I rented from Gold and not BVS but in my memory seemed like the same type of cane holder. Hopefully even if you had to take it off, that wouldn't be too hard to do, and put it back on when you exited the bus.

1. Do not rent from ScooterBug. It’s fine and dandy until anything goes wrong and then it can blow up in your face. My ECV user had a couple fine trips, then he had a bad ECV and we learned first hand why everyone preached Stay Away.

2. Cup holder. Best accessory ever for my ECV user, so much so that he bought his own and brings it whenever he rents an ECV.

1. Do not rent from ScooterBug. It’s fine and dandy until anything goes wrong and then it can blow up in your face. My ECV user had a couple fine trips, then he had a bad ECV and we learned first hand why everyone preached Stay Away.

2. Cup holder. Best accessory ever for my ECV user, so much so that he bought his own and brings it whenever he rents an ECV.
I wish Disney would cut their contract with scooterbug. They really suck.

So, for my trip at the end of September, I'm bringing my parents and it will be their first time using ECVs in the park. I've rented from ScooterBug (because I didn't want to deal with having to meet someone etc and they can just leave it at the hotel for when we arrive) and noticed there were lots of add on accessories. So, I was wondering, for those of you who use an ECV regularly in the park, what are the most useful accessories or add ons in your opinion?

Thank you!
I’ve got one now and I’ve not used the fan at all. The phone charger is brilliant. The cup holder is also great. The cane holder is a giant PITA. It just hinders backing up.

Does anyone know if the new busses let you attach anything to the back of the ECV?

I've never liked anything on the back of the ECV because I can't see it and it makes it harder to judge if I'm going to bump something when I'm in reverse. With a basket on the back I felt like I was driving a school bus lol
I was on them today and they did not say boo but parking was a struggle. I won’t get a cane holder again.

It will still be hot in September. A sun shade helps a lot especially if you don’t have a good tan. Also I used a cooling towel last August. It helped with the heat. Cheap from Amazon. As others have said have something to tie on to make it easy to pick out your scooter. Don’t depend on the key. There are only a few different keys so someone could take yours not realizing their mistake.

It will still be hot in September. A sun shade helps a lot especially if you don’t have a good tan. Also I used a cooling towel last August. It helped with the heat. Cheap from Amazon. As others have said have something to tie on to make it easy to pick out your scooter. Don’t depend on the key. There are only a few different keys so someone could take yours not realizing their mistake.
The problem I found with sun shades is that it catches and retains a lot of water. When the rain ended and I hit a bump, I was unpleasantly splashed by water from up top.

Don’t get the cane holder. Boat captain backed me up and the cane caught on the rail and bent . It’s no longer useable. Expensive lesson!
I managed to find a reasonable replacement and it’s being delivered to the resort today!

Attachments

• IMG_9248.jpeg
    IMG_9248.jpeg
    31.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_9247.jpeg
    IMG_9247.jpeg
    32.8 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I use a beach towel on the seat and a bright Disney shirt on the back of the seat. Very unlikely someone will have the same combination!

Don’t get the cane holder. Boat captain backed me up and the cane caught on the rail and bent . It’s no longer useable. Expensive lesson!
Wow! Those pictures made me rethink the cane holder. The last couple years, I've rented the cane holder every trip(3) for the Pride Victory model, many buses, and haven't had that problem-YET!

A GOOD cane holder. I had a bad one once, and it was such a pain in the neck having to keep picking up my fallen cane that I took to just carrying it between my knees all day.

Also, something distinctive to make it easy to find when you get off the ride/get back to the parking area and want to find it quickly amongst all the others. I get a Jolly Roger flag and stuck the pole down the back pouch so it fluttered behind me as I rolled.
Love it! Aaarghpirate:🏴‍☠️

Based on the image it does NOT jut out past the furthest point on the back of the scooter and I would think would be fine. (again, my opinion, not fact)
Mine stuck out a good 6” beyond the back. The tube is steel so there is no give. My aluminum cane crumbled. I had a really hard time parking it and fitting in spots. I removed it today after my cane was crushed.

Wow! Those pictures made me rethink the cane holder. The last couple years, I've rented the cane holder every trip(3) for the Pride Victory model, many buses, and haven't had that problem-YET!
This is my first and last time with cane holder. Last time I folded it and stuck it in the basket
I have the Pride Victory 10 three wheel from Golds Mobility

Mine stuck out a good 6” beyond the back. The tube is steel so there is no give. My aluminum cane crumbled. I had a really hard time parking it and fitting in spots. I removed it today after my cane was crushed.
Yeah I was pretty sure mine stuck out pretty far as well. It might depend on how far the seat is back (?) but I'm not sure.

I have a foldable cane so I can just fold it and put it in the basket.

Same - we have gotten the cane holder the last few years for my Mom and it has been great. But having that happen to a cane is not good. We do get the go-go size scooter (she hated how big the victory was) and she is pretty short so the seat is always way up for her, so maybe not as bad? But I can always hold it if backing into a space if needed. I just hate carrying it all day for her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter