Most Embarressing Moments at Disney

I once fell getting into a Jungle Cruise boat and landed smack in the lap of a large Spanish gentleman. He said something to another person in his party, who turned to me and said, "he wants to know if you want to marry him now." Everyone in the boat laughed themselves sick and I was red as a beet for the entire ride.

:rotfl2: Did you say yes?

I probably shouldn't tell this, because it is so embarrassing, but it is also funny...My daughter and I went to WDW in November and had an amazing time. It was a bright sunshiney day and we stood in line to enter the Haunted Mansion. When we finally got in, my eyes were having trouble adjusting to the light, and I took my daughter's arm to help me walk. As we stood inside, I looked at the wall and told my daughter, "Look! There's a face!" She asked where, and I said "Right there!" and jabbed my finger towards the face. "Don't you see it? Right there in the wall!" Well, it was then that she told me it was an actual person, another Disney guest, standing by the wall and I was in fact pointing right into her face! She said the woman was looking around, very confused! I was mortified, but we giggled and giggled about that all day! I felt so "Goofy"!:rotfl::rotfl::upsidedow

Suelala said:
I probably shouldn't tell this, because it is so embarrassing, but it is also funny...My daughter and I went to WDW in November and had an amazing time. It was a bright sunshiney day and we stood in line to enter the Haunted Mansion. When we finally got in, my eyes were having trouble adjusting to the light, and I took my daughter's arm to help me walk. As we stood inside, I looked at the wall and told my daughter, "Look! There's a face!" She asked where, and I said "Right there!" and jabbed my finger towards the face. "Don't you see it? Right there in the wall!" Well, it was then that she told me it was an actual person, another Disney guest, standing by the wall and I was in fact pointing right into her face! She said the woman was looking around, very confused! I was mortified, but we giggled and giggled about that all day! I felt so "Goofy"!:rotfl::rotfl::upsidedow

I just laughed outloud at this haha!!! :)

We were at the MK while the nighttime parade was going on this past November the weekend before Thanksgiving. It was really crowded trying to get through the crowds since the parade was going on. I was leading through since it was single person each way, my DH pushing DS4 in the stroller. I felt some tugging on my arm and I tell back at my DH "I'm going as fast as I can" thinking he was getting impatient on how long it was taking. I hear in a British voice jokingly saying "lady, I don't even know you!! I don't want to go with you!" I'm thinking "what?" I turn around and my purse zipper had snagged this poor woman's sweater we were that close to each other. We finally untangled and laughed about it but I was a little embarrassed since I was yelling at my DH thinking it was him! Lol! We got home from our vacation and DH had to tell everyone what happened. Lol

Last year I stayed at the Yacht Club. I spent the afternoon at SAB and I guess I was a bit sun dazed. I went into what I thought was the ladies room. When I left the stall, I realized suddenly that there were urinals -- and someone was using one of them!

I must confess that I fled without even washing my hands and then hid in the ladies room for a while until I was sure he had left. For the remainder of the trip, I was sure everyone knew.

He sure had a good story to tell to his friends and family!

Slightly OT but this reminded me of a restaurant/bar we used to have around home that didn't mark the restroom doors with any of the typical symbols (e.g. figure drawing in skirt or words like women or men). Knowing this I asked a server walking by which was the restroom for women and he pointed to the proper door (I thought!!!).

Whoa! Of course I knew instantly when I saw the urinals but the worst part was hearing the guilty server and another server laughing outside the door. :confused3

My BFF insisted on going to the manager and repeating what happened to me but later I did laugh about it (and my naviete!). Disney CMs would never do that thank goodness!

Slightly OT but this reminded me of a restaurant/bar we used to have around home that didn't mark the restroom doors with any of the typical symbols (e.g. figure drawing in skirt or words like women or men). Knowing this I asked a server walking by which was the restroom for women and he pointed to the proper door (I thought!!!).

Whoa! Of course I knew instantly when I saw the urinals but the worst part was hearing the guilty server and another server laughing outside the door. :confused3

My BFF insisted on going to the manager and repeating what happened to me but later I did laugh about it (and my naviete!). Disney CMs would never do that thank goodness!

Still OT, but your story reminded me of a restaurant we went to in the Berkshires in MA. In the restroom they had hung a replica of a famous nude painting, but installed little 'doors' over the parts. On the door they had a sign that said 'do not open'. In the first door was a second with another warning about not opening the door. Unbeknownst to the person in the restroom, if the second door was opened an alarm sounded and a light flased in the restaurant/bar area. So when you came out of the restroom everyone knew you opened the doors. And you had to come around from behind the bar to get back to your table, so everyone saw you. It really was very funny (especially when my husband fell for it, LOL) :rotfl2:

This past Dec we were in line for POTC and DD16 was getting antsy (we go normally in Sept so she wasn't use to a line for POTC) and she leaned against a chain that apparently was magnetic.. It opened hit the ground with a HUGE bang (sounded like a gun shot) scared my poor mother to death who yelped out loud and DD had to pick herself up off the ground! I couldn't stop giggling during the whole ride.

Also during this trip we decided on our first night to go check out AOA we were walking the resort and were in the LK section, all of a sudden DS20 and DH dart into the cave and ran thru I followed and so did my mom well, she didn't see the low over hang at one point and smacked her head so hard she knocked her self off her feet! You could hear her hit her poor head! Of course all of us were concerned (she is 76) and went running to her but she popped up so quickly she again hit her head! She insisted she was fine and wanted to continue to explore the resort but within min she had a nice goose egg on her poor head!

Later on that same trip we were getting off the bus and had been sitting in the back, this bus had the raised back where you take two steps down, well moms eyes were terrible and she didn't realize, thank GOD she was holding on to the pole b/c she ended up swinging down the stairs and around to the open door almost landing in someones stroller! The owner of the stroller asked her if she was ok, to which mom says YEP and keeps going like she meant to do it! My DD and I laughed so hard DD ended up on the floor..Yea mom was a trip on this vacation..litteraly!

Same trip.. We were riding Primevil Whirl and DS20 was talking and didn't realize we were coming up on a drop and swingaround at the same time and ended up punching himself in the face.. I laughed so hard I was crying,.. I still giggle about it!

I'm sorry but these stories had me cracking up out loud. :rotfl2:

I'm sorry but these stories had me cracking up out loud. :rotfl2:

I'm glad! I still laugh about it!! Since then my mom had a cornea transplant and sees much better but she was blind as a bat in Dec! She still continues to do things that have us laughing, she is Dutch so her humor is quite different!

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & BWI Sept 8-15, 2013

I went to use the washroom at DTD and when I came out of the stall, I saw man standing by the sink washing his hands, and then I realized that I was in the men's washroom. I calmly smiled and washed my hands and he smiled back. The worst part was my DH and kids had rounded up a group of people to laugh and applaud me as I exited the washroom

I went to use the washroom at DTD and when I came out of the stall, I saw man standing by the sink washing his hands, and then I realized that I was in the men's washroom. I calmly smiled and washed my hands and he smiled back. The worst part was my DH and kids had rounded up a group of people to laugh and applaud me as I exited the washroom

My DH would have done the same thing.

While shopping at DTD, I found something I really wanted. I knew DH was looking at something else close to where I was, So I walked up to grab his hand and ask nicely...... When I looked to stare deeply in his eyes, IT WAS NOT MY DH.

*thud* I let go....and said whoa, you are not my husband. He laughed and said no, no Im not!

DH saw what happen and laughed his butt off. He did come over to rescue me, we had a nice chuckle at it. :rotfl:

Sad but true:

It's 2005 and I've just bought a two-day ticket for WDW, my first ever as an adult. My credit card bill comes, and there's this $250 dollar charge from "Lake Buena Vista, FL" that I totally DO not recognize.

Furious, I call up Wells Fargo and open up a case of identity theft, thinking some creep had stolen my CC info and charged up who-knows-what down there. It happened before. Someone in Australia got ahold of my CC and charged "modeling classes" on my dime. So hey, it was possible.

You can imagine my embarrassment when I got to the Coronado Suites hotel and the address was listed as..."Lake Buena Vista, FL"...and then I realized...OOOPS!

Sad but true:

It's 2005 and I've just bought a two-day ticket for WDW, my first ever as an adult. My credit card bill comes, and there's this $250 dollar charge from "Lake Buena Vista, FL" that I totally DO not recognize.

Furious, I call up Wells Fargo and open up a case of identity theft, thinking some creep had stolen my CC info and charged up who-knows-what down there. It happened before. Someone in Australia got ahold of my CC and charged "modeling classes" on my dime. So hey, it was possible.

You can imagine my embarrassment when I got to the Coronado Suites hotel and the address was listed as..."Lake Buena Vista, FL"...and then I realized...OOOPS!

Ouch! How much time was in-between your calling Wells Fargo and showing up at your hotel?

smileyvault-bump.gif

Was hoping not to be able to add to this thread but...

Yesterday at AK, on Kali River Rapids, AFTER I was already soaked, we came to the part with the squirting elephants, and I decided to duck so it missed me. Y'know how there's that bar/ring in front of you to hold on to? Crunch. Yep, broke my nose, right in front of my kids. Hurts like heck. (Can breathe just enough not to be immune to stitch's great escape lol)

Then during dinner, my wife mentions that those are controlled by people watching the ride, and she was the one squirting us. :rotfl2:

Was hoping not to be able to add to this thread but...

Yesterday at AK, on Kali River Rapids, AFTER I was already soaked, we came to the part with the squirting elephants, and I decided to duck so it missed me. Y'know how there's that bar/ring in front of you to hold on to? Crunch. Yep, broke my nose, right in front of my kids. Hurts like heck. (Can breathe just enough not to be immune to stitch's great escape lol)

Then during dinner, my wife mentions that those are controlled by people watching the ride, and she was the one squirting us. :rotfl2:

Oh God! Hope you feel better!! Wow!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter