Mortgage Application Process?

CarolAnnC

<font color=blue>Caught Smuggling Jello Shot Syrin
With so many folks posting here about selling and buying new homes, I was wondering how long approximately the process takes to apply for a new mortgage?

I have been in my current home for 17 years so I am out of touch with the timeline process on mortgages! Thanx in advance for any replies! :)

I am a loan processor and I know ours are really easy. Most of the time, our loan officers don't even see the borrowers until closing. The forms they need to sign are faxed or e-mailed, and they fax or mail in their credit docs. Most of our loans close in about 3 weeks, although I have slammed a few through in 10 -14 days.

Erika

I am a settlement clerk and most purchase transactions from sale to settlement are averaging 45 days and refinances 30 days from application to settlement.

I think our's took a little over 2 weeks. If you do an adjustment, I can't think of the official term, but it is where you aren't changing the dollar amount just the interest rate and length of mortgage it takes 24hrs.

The pre-approval process took about 2 days. Once we found a house that we wanted to buy, the actual process was about 14 more days (after inspections, appraisal, etc.) It probably would have been faster, but we took a couple days to go back and forth between the two lenders we were considering to see who would give us the best deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter