Moonlight magic registration

Was #7533 at 11am... currently at 2105. 😐 Message updated at 11:47am ... "Limited availability remaining for both event dates". Oh Boy.... how many tickets are distributed for each event??
DVC does not announced those numbers.

I started around 1900 and I registered for the September event.
I received the invite via email (I never get emails for anything), no issue with the virtual line or registering. There must be something very wrong at work here. If you cannot trust Disney IT to screw up, what can you count on in life?

Still at 4183 after getting in the queue ~2 hours before 11AM.

All of the strict eligibility rules they have - can't they just look at the bookings for the # of rooms for that date and let all those people in? Why this convoluted queue process?

Not very magical...

Still at 4183 after getting in the queue ~2 hours before 11AM.

All of the strict eligibility rules they have - can't they just look at the bookings for the # of rooms for that date and let all those people in? Why this convoluted queue process?

Not very magical...

Because there are more people with reservations that want to go to the events than the spots that they have for them so there really is no way to do it other than the way that they are doing right now.

No luck again for us... feeling bummed. Maybe DVC could give us a coupon for a Mickey Bar as a consolation prize.

Was right in the queue at 11:00:00, just saw that 5/11 is sold out in the queue 😞. Why did they do a combined queue for May and September????
Even if they did separate queues, the result would be the same. Hotel reservations are required and everyone in the queue is targeting one date or the other.

Because there isn't enough capacity at the events to admit every DVC member staying on-site. If every DVC villa at WDW was filled to capacity with people eligible for MM, there would be over 40,000 people who could attend. Even at 1/3 of that, you're stretching the parks' resources. There's little point in hosting an exclusive, one-of-a-kind event and immediately having 90 minutes waits to ride TOT. Unfortunately the lottery aspect is a necessary evil.

Because there are more people with reservations that want to go to the events than the spots that they have for them so there really is no way to do it other than the way that they are doing right now.
JFC I get the concept.

But with ~5000 DVC rooms onsite, and assuming full DVC occupancy and average of 4 ppl per booked room, that's ~20k guests. In a park that allegedly can handle 60k people max it seems like they can handle the capacity of all onsite DVC members going to this event.

JFC I get the concept.

But with ~5000 DVC rooms onsite, and assuming full DVC occupancy and average of 4 ppl per booked room, that's ~20k guests. In a park that allegedly can handle 60k people max it seems like they can handle the capacity of all onsite DVC members going to this event.
But, the larger villas hold more. We have a two bedroom and booked for 8 people. It is also available to eligible members who are staying onsite in cash rooms, so its more than just DVC occupancy.

Pretty much every DVC room, when dates are announced, which is going to give you a lot more than 20K of spots...

I was #8,000 something in queue at 11:00:00 am, so with two events sharing a queue, now both sold out and still #1500 in queue they apparently granted access to about 3,000 to 3,500 to each event. Seems artificially low given the size of the park 🤷🏻‍♂️.

I was #8,000 something in queue at 11:00:00 am, so with two events sharing a queue, now both sold out and still #1500 in queue they apparently granted access to about 3,000 to 3,500 to each event. Seems artificially low given the size of the park 🤷🏻‍♂️.
Everyone can get a maximum of 5 tickets..but the larger villas get more...I also believe that they do save some spots for general registration....

Each member is able to register up to the capacity of the villa. That's 4-5 people for a studio or 1BR, 9 for a 2BR and 12-13 for a grand villa. Your 3000 queue slots is probably more like 10,000 - 15,000 individuals. And they will allow a few more people to enroll during the general registration.

There seems to be another registration date in August.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter