Monday, January 21, Day 4

pathubia

<font color=green>Gets lost at Portofino<br><font
Time to go home!!

I hate check out day. We had "Yourride" scheduled to pick us up at 3pm. When we woke up we decided to rent a cabana for the day and make it our "home base." It cost $35 from 8am to 3pm. We checked out of the hotel and had them store our bags for us. We took a couple of bags with us. It was kind of cloudy, since DD had not done "Nickelodeon" yet, we headed to US. Spongebob was outside the store on the left, of course I had left my camera back at the cabana, so i ran in to get a throwaway camera. DD got her pix taken with spongebob, (which made all her classmates at home very jealous). When we got to "Nick" for the 1st show, I was surprised that there wasnt a tour, we went right into the studio, where DD got picked to be captain of her group. Well, the captain's parent got picked to be part of "Cat-Dog", yes I was the DOG part, attached to some poor father dressed up like CAT. It was fun. Outside families were lining up for "Slime Time Live", we didnt have enough time to spend there, so we headed out the exit right there and went into the HRC for hats and teeshirts, DH wanted a HRC denim jacket, so I picked it up for his birthday.

Back to "Our" cabana.They even put up a "Reserved for Bowman" sign. Boy did we feel special. Fresh fruit, which took a couple of phone calls to have it brought to us....Fridge.....complimentary sodas, coke, diet coke, sprite and water.

But the real highlight was that they were filming the USF commerical for the super bowl there, if anyone has seen the commercial, its the part with Frankenstein. It was something else watching the process, Poor Frankie, it was pretty warm and sunny that afternoon, he kept going into his cabana to cool off.

"Frank" came right over to us twice and had his pix taken with DD, some of the kids at the pool were afraid of him. We were hoping he'd go down the waterslide. At one point DH and DD were in the pool behind them, so they might be in the commercial...I havent had time to watch it slowly on the computer yet.

We took a few dips in the pool and got alot of sun that day. We headed to the Lobby at 3 and our white stretch limo was waiting for us. What a perfect long weekend......

DD's fave part of the trip was the limo ride, we could have stayed home and rented a limo for a few hours and she would have been just as happy...Just Kidding....

Got a quick peek at the Royal Pacific, Looks great...

We came home and made ressies for the HRH and PBH in April and the RP in October...Boy do you think we are addicted to USF or what???

Patty

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter