Mom passed away this morning

Thank you. I'll say a prayer for both of us too, and for everyone going through this. :(

Your mother is the center of the family. When mine died I was lost. I was having a hard time dealing with her death when my husband died. He was so worried how I was going to be after my mother died and then he died.

All you can do is take life minute by minute sometimes. Some days you make a few steps forward then you take two steps back. I have so many memories that give me comfort.

I still find myself wanting to call her when something happens. She also hated the time changes and winter. My sisters and I always call each other on those days to laugh over some of the things my mother did.

I missed her even more when I became a grandma. She would have been thrilled to be a great grandma.

Just be good to yourself. It does get softer in time. Some days it feels like you are picking at a scab. You think you are feeling better and then you remember something and you feel like you are back at the start.

Keep posting your feelings. It really does help. Hugs for you both.

These threads are sometimes hard for me to read as even though it has been over 21 years, anything can set me off. Someone walking by wearing her fragrance, looking at my grandson thinking how she would have loved him, and to see my girls grow up and knowing how proud she would have been.....but then I think she knows this, she watches over us, I believe it in my heart... So to Mary and Leah and the rest of us who have lost their Moms.....believe it in your heart that they know how we are doing and that they watch over us. It is how I get through each day........I truly believe I get my strength from somewhere..

I know what you are going through and you have my prayers! My mom passes away Friday October 14, 2006 (18 months ago). The only thing I can say and I know it won't help right now is that she is no longer in pain. I am sending prayers, hugs and pixie dust.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter