Moderates with coffee pots?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
Do any of the moderates have coffee pots in the room? I've heard that you can get one by calling the front desk in some, but I'm trying to find one where the coffee pot is already in the room when you get there. I guess what I'm trying to do is to justify staying at one moderate resort vs. another, and a coffee pot being supplied automatically may help.

CSR has coffee and a coffeemaker in the room, along with a hair dryer, iron and ironing board. Perks of a convention resort.

BUT

being from Texas, you may not like the mexican/southwestern theme. Check out photos on my website below.

Caribbean Beach now also has coffee makers in the rooms. The first supply of coffee is free after that there is a charge for the supplies.

Originally posted by Buzz2001

being from Texas, you may not like the mexican/southwestern theme.
Buzz2001-thanks very much for understanding. We live only 20 minutes from the Mexican border and CSR, though lovely, looks like the well-done architecture and styling in this area. I'm afraid that staying at CSR, I'd feel like I hadn't really left home!

sorry ga9497 but I just checked out of CBR on 3/27 and I thought I had to pay for my 8 days of coffee upon check out. I checked out and when the CM said I was good to go I questioned her because of all the coffee I drank every morning. She replied that the coffee was complimentary!

Originally posted by mom2of2
sorry ga9497 but I just checked out of CBR on 3/27 and I thought I had to pay for my 8 days of coffee upon check out. I checked out and when the CM said I was good to go I questioned her because of all the coffee I drank every morning. She replied that the coffee was complimentary!

Good for you. I guess it's one of those things that Disney has changed again. In February we were told that there would be a charge after the first day.

We are returning this year, and my husband who LOVES coffee has already said he plans to pack the coffee maker!:eek:

We leave in 30 days!:Pinkbounc and I didn't even think about my morning coffee. Does anyone know if POR has machines in the room? How about hair dryers? I'm so excited about my trip I forgot about the essentials!!!:D

We asked for and got a hairdryer. We were told we could get a coffee maker as well, but got the refillable mugs instead.
Doris

We asked for a coffee maker, and got one, however, you have to provide your own filters, coffee, etc. I used the Maxwell House filter packs.

I remember staying at CBR last year and there was a coffeemaker in the room with free coffee!

simba's mom- you will love the tropical feel of this resort(CBR). I know what you mean about not leaving "home". We kind of felt that way about CBR and next time I'm at CSR my new favorite resort), I will request the Ranchos section. We were in Cabanas and it was so funny... DH and I were in the quiet pool and I said, "There's really not any theming at this pool". DH said, "Yes, there is. It is a beach theme". Being from FL we hardly ever notice the palm trees!

I just got back from POR a couple weeks ago. The hairdryers are free upon request. The coffeemaker is also free upon request but it cost either $1.00 or $1.50 for a package of coffee making supplies which included one coffee pack, creamers, sugar, filter (basically one days worth of coffee making supplies). I'm hoping they will change this policy at all the moderates. It was the one thing that annoyed me. Every hotel I've ever stayed at of a similar price level had a hair dryer stuck to the wall & free coffee in the room. It's a nice touch that goes a long way with people I think.

H-
What building did you stay in? Were you happy with this location? I requested a river view and hope I get it. I also would like some place quiet yet convenient to main bldg and pool. Any thoughts - we leave in 29 days:bounce: :Pinkbounc

I'll probably bring my dryer and filter packs!

Stayed at CBR and CSR-both supplied coffeemakers and supplies for whole stay (That was a while ago). BC provides coffeemaker on request (free) but you have to provide your own coffee and supplies (2 years ag0)

DeerAri,

We stayed in the Parterre Mansion (hopefully I spelled that correctly). Anyway, we loved the location because it was nice and quiet and a pretty walk (about 5 minutes) to the pool, restaurant, lobby. We had a King room that faced the river and was non-smoking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter