NEWS

Disney released Early Morning Magic - Fantasyland in Magic Kingdom for August, September & October. Not to be confused with Extra Magic Hours (EMH), this is where you pay extra to get into the park. Here's the scoop:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/early-morning-magic/

Happy HalloWishes Dessert Party has SOLD OUT for Oct 31st.

I have a EMM day, it was supposed to be a non park day so I'm only there till just after opening (going to try and get a couple of busy character meets done). I saw a video where Winnie the Pooh was down so they opened the Prince Charming's Carrousel and Mad Tea Party early instead. Going to get a couple of Peter Pan rides in and SDMT too. I did hear that people didn't get a photo for SDMT when riding early so I'm either going to ride it at rope drop the day before or be ready for rope drop that day. Got to get the most out of Memory Maker.

Edit: Had to fix my spelling error here/hear :sad2:

Last edited:
I have a EMM day, it was supposed to be a non park day so I'm only there till just after opening (going to try and get a couple of busy character meets done). I saw a video where Winnie the Pooh was down so they opened the Prince Charming's Carrousel and Mad Tea Party early instead. Going to get a couple of Peter Pan rides in and SDMT too. I did here that people didn't get a photo for SDMT when riding early so I'm either going to ride it at rope drop the day before or be ready for rope drop that day. Got to get the most out of Memory Maker.

I wonder how many people know this was updated particularly those who booked breakfast ADR's. o_O I totally agree about getting your money's worth out of MM - same boat! :sail:

I'll be looking for those PP photographers big time! I want as many Magic Shots as possible before they disappear. :flower:

I wonder how many people know this was updated particularly those who booked breakfast ADR's.

I was so happy to get a PPO ADR at CRT and then a few weeks later they announced that that morning would be an EMM day :( I was so excited to get a few empty Main Street photos but I guess those will have to wait!

I was so happy to get a PPO ADR at CRT and then a few weeks later they announced that that morning would be an EMM day :( I was so excited to get a few empty Main Street photos but I guess those will have to wait!

Personally, I would drop the ADR and pay for the EMM. The characters can be met during regular park hours.

Personally, I would drop the ADR and pay for the EMM. The characters can be met during regular park hours.
It's my very first time at CRT and I want to eat there this trip. With the price of that meal then I can't really afford EMM as well, even if I could find a different ADR time. It's not so much meeting the characters as eating in the castle for the first time :)

I wonder how many people know this was updated particularly those who booked breakfast ADR's. o_O I totally agree about getting your money's worth out of MM - same boat! :sail:

I'll be looking for those PP photographers big time! I want as many Magic Shots as possible before they disappear. :flower:

Yeah, I think what also has made a difference is when they moved the security, you can now get in so much earlier because they have Main Street shops and coffee available. I wanted to get a almost empty park photo.

Mine actually came free with my booking :teeth: but still going to get as many as possible. I have two Disney photos from last trip to WDW (the guys in the group didn't want to meet characters) a group SM and one with me and Stitch at Typhoon Lagoon, I walked past and he had no wait so I jumped in but had just been in the wave pool so had no camera. I wished I'd taken more video too including 3rd/4th July fireworks.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ions-this-summer-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

Little off topic here but I did not know about the Lotus at China Pavilion.

I can't recall what vlog I as watching but they turned up super early and got in to Main Street and it was pretty empty then (I'll try and find a time for you). It then fills up with early birds and those waiting for ADR's and EMM and then EMM has wristband to head off into Fantasyland from what I saw. I shall see if I can find it again to double check.

EDIT: Right I found it. On the day in question the park opened at 9am and he was there at 7:55am and people where there but it was pretty empty so you should be able to get a nice Castle shot. I guess it opens up as soon as ADR's start?

Last edited:
Another awesome thread!

It would be nice if the OP would claim ownership and post all the current MS on the first page for easier reference, but I believe "Bronxgirl" was posting just a question and it turned into a really nice thread.

Sadly, now that Main Street opens an hour before the rest of the park, those early, empty photos are a thing of the past. An extra 100 or so people at EMM won't change the crowds much.

I sure would like to make an ADR for when we arrive on Thursday, Oct 26th but with Delta changing their times I'm not willing to hold multiple reservations :sad2:

UPDATE

For those that have created an Itinerary here you now have easier access to it. On Post #1 under "Itineraries In the Making" I have listed your name and Post #, just click on it to access your Itinerary. Should you make changes and or need advise simply post your question and include your Post #.

Example: "I've adjusted my ride choices and added in a meet & greet, can you take a look? Post 123"

Thank you!

This just made my day! Thank you!

I have to say, I am loving this thread! FoxC63 is so helpful and welcoming, and I'm in love with Bob and Betty!

I fervently hope that Betty and Bob dress up (as it sounds like they have decided to do - though I'm still reading back on page 12!) and I strongly encourage them to go trick or treating. You'll get a treat bag when you enter the park, or bring a tote bag that matches your costume, and as you go around the park, you'll see treat vendors here and there - don't be shy - go right up and trick or treat!

This is your chance to take part in a great American tradition - one that perhaps wasn't offered when you were a child - and now you'll be able to do that. No one will think a thing of it, other than to be charmed by your participation in the party! Get that candy!!!

And thanks FoxC63 for the super fun thread.

Thank you for your encouragement! If it wasn't for the wonderful people on this thread I don't think we would be dressing up, we're actually feeling young again! Bob and I are looking forward to our first Disney vacation and have started walking in the morning and after dinner.

I'm not sure "when" it happened but I gained quite a bit of weight since last year. My doc says I'm stress eating? Taking care of others while not taking care of myself has taken it's toll :worried: So I've been doing a lot of this :cool1: and this :banana:! :upsidedow

Thank you for your encouragement! If it wasn't for the wonderful people on this thread I don't think we would be dressing up, we're actually feeling young again! Bob and I are looking forward to our first Disney vacation and have started walking in the morning and after dinner.
What a wonderful thread with great ideas, Thank you FoxC63 for your support. We plan visiting on 08/29. Here is my plan, I would love to get tipps or her your advices.
We booked EMM before party dates were announced so the Day Starts early (@ Bex258 we did EMM last years and got tons of Minetrain pictures). I got fp for BTMT in the morning because I never can get enough of it. Then we will return to the resort pool and relax. Dress around 3:30 and return to the Park. After getting wristbands and sorcerer cards we have Buzz fp for 4:20 and SpaceM 5:20 pm. After that, my hubbie wants to play sorcerer, can you believe, he is more than 40 years but love to run around for hours to fight the villains. :stir: Does anybody know if the have any special sorcerer games at the Partys? Well after that we plan to hop on a lot of Rides, watch both Parades, which I think are the best Disney ever did, and do some ToT. Two years ago we saw the Parade near the bridge to Splash, which I want to try again. I do M&G by the way, but if the lines are too long, it is also okay. What are the Cadaver Dans, are they fun? For now I am not sure where to have diner, maybe try CHH. I know my plans are not very strategic but beeing there is perfect and we want to enjoy. Oh Well, I hardly can wait:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter