MNSSHP 10/8 Sell out. How were crowds?

Serenity

DIS Veteran
Anyone who was at the Oct 8th MNSSHP, please let me know how the crowds were. I read earlier today that the party was a sell out. We are going to MVMCP on 12/17 which everyone is saying will be a sell out. Since they probably sell the same number of tickets to these events (even though we are unsure what that exact number is), I would like to know was it manageable????

How were the wait times at the rides? Do they have special shows at MNSSHP as they do at MVMCP? If so, how were the crowds at these? What about the parade, could you get a good spot without waiting an hour ahead of time? How about the lines for the picture?

Any input on strategy on getting through a sell out night and still getting to do a lot of stuff would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Wow, there was a sell out? We'll be there tomorrow and we haven't gotten our tix yet for Tuesday. We just figured we'd buy them when we got there, to make sure the weather was ok.

Panic is setting in...:earseek:

Originally posted by kimwim8
Wow, there was a sell out? We'll be there tomorrow and we haven't gotten our tix yet for Tuesday. We just figured we'd buy them when we got there, to make sure the weather was ok.

Panic is setting in...:earseek:

You'll be OK. Fridays tend to sellout because of locals attending. Tuesday should not sellout, it's early in the month.

oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh I didn't even realize the 8th was a Friday.

Does anyone know, if I can buy my MNSSHP tickets at my WDW Resort at check in? I'm just confused as to why the OP was calling to buy tickets (possibly staying offsite?). And if we can't check in right when we get there (getting to resort around 10:30am) will we still be able to buy the tickets?

TIA :wave:

Nevermind my last post! I decided to call now. I should've done that a long time ago. Nothing like adding stress! Thank goodness I got them, so one less thing to worry about!

We were there! It was crowded, but managable. I think Disney runs better with more people. They were fully staffed and all sides of the big rides were open and running. I think you nedd a game plan. We were traveling with a 7 and 10 year old. The priority for us was rides and candy. The character lines were long, but that was not our focus. We were able to do everything we wanted.
We arrived at 4:20 and picked up our tickets at will call at TTC. We had no problems getting right in. We ate dinner and rode Snow White, Peter Pan, and Big Thunder before 6:00. We made our way over to Tomorrowland by 6:20. The rides there were open and running. I guess alot of people didn't know that because we were able to walk on Space Mountain twice--no line at all!
By then, it was almost 7:00 and we headed over to Adventureland to start avay from crowds. We hit the picture station and two trick-or-treat stations with no wait at all. We rode Pirates and we had our own boat! We played some games along the way that they had set up for kids, like tic tac toe. We hit more treats in Frontierland and went to Haunted Mansion with a two minute wait. We then walked into Philharmagic, then jumped on the carousel.
It was time for the first parade, so we headed over to Tomorrwland to avoid the crowds again. Buzz was down at this time, so we watched the castle show and about 9:00, we went to the Plaza Pavillion and the BEST seats for the fireworks right on the balcony. The suprise guest flew right over and heads and waved! COOL!!!!! The fireworks were good!
We went back to Buzz and it was open and we walked in with a five minute wait. People were still using Fast passes--although I don't know how. They must have gotten them before 6:00. Alot of people were complaining because there are no fast-passes at the party. We walked onto Main Street at 9:55 and stood by the Bakery behind some people sitting down----no problem! I have seen better parades, but it was O.K.
After the parade, We made our way to Toon Town. The lines for the characters were long, so we just got our candy, and lots of it! The path to Tomorrwland was just full of CM handing out candy. We rode the TTA and Space Mountain again. We left about 11:30 and we were in our car for our two hour trip home by 11:50. It was alot of fun--even with the sell out of 22,000 tickets. We asked at the ticket booth and thats what we were told.
Have a great time if you are going soon!

Thanks for the report BaileyEvanH i've made a few notes ;)
Were going on the 31st :hyper: we can't wait :D

:earsgirl:

Originally posted by BaileyEvanH
I think Disney runs better with more people. They were fully staffed and all sides of the big rides were open and running. I think you nedd a game plan.

I totally agree. Disney knows what to do with the crowds. We go on Tuesday and it makes no difference to me whether it's sold out or not since we have a plan and are able to adjust where needed. I know it helps a lot having gone once before. At least this year I'll know the lay of the land. Can't wait.

BaileyEvenH,
THanks for the encouraging news. So it sounds like what worked was to start at 7 pm at Adventureland and work around from there. We will give that a try on 12/17 and see how it works for us.

Thanks again.

Yikes - now I'm worried! Trying to decide between the 17th and the 20th. I didn't want to buy until we got there so I could check the weather but now I think I should buy in advance. Will the 17th be more crowded because of locals? Do you think it's still OK to wait or should I just get them and hope it doesn't rain?

I had the same thoughts, so now we have tickets for the 17th and 20th. I figure if I have two dates I can get it all in at a more liesurely pace.

We have tix for Sun-24th and Tue-26th .... we figured going twice we'd get to see/do everything we wanted to.

Debbie

I had read that the park wasn't giving out enough candy. We thought they were very generous. Our kids were dressed up, but mom and dad were not--we got as much as they got and we were not trying! They would say come on up, you guys get candy too. The lines moved very quickly.

We are going on the 20th because we figured on a Wednesday we wouldnt get as much of a crowd, but i never even thought to think about the weather, I pray it doesnt rain, because that is the only party durning the time we will be there(We get there on the 17th)!!!!! So i'll be praying it doesnt rain, or else we'll be in poncho's walking around!!!

Also glad to hear that even though it was sold out, the crowds were managable and lines werent long!

We had a blast. We were actually sitting down in front of the Edys ice cream shop a few shops down from the Bakery.....can't believe I was that close to someone from the Dis board since I didn't see anyone our whole trip :(

The night went great, longest wait on any ride was probably 10 minutes and it was sold out (10/8) The CMs were giving out enough candy pretty much later in the evening but the early rounds were only 1-2 pieces. We even got candy at the parking attendant entrance :)

We are going on the 31 and I have a couple of questions. Do the kids need to bring a bag to collect the candy in or do they provide those? And is the entire park open in terms of rides?

We'll be there on the 17th dressed up as Shaggy and Velma. I think my cousins are going to try and go as Fred & Daphne - so watch for us!

We're doing LTT at 6:05 - can't wait!

For those going on the 20th... I am trying to scare up a quick meet.... follow the link in my siggy! Hope to see you there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter