MK Firework Dessert Party

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are booked for July 3rd too :cool1:

Did CM on phone mention getting "tickets" or "vouchers" from guest services? The one I booked with did not but I read it on another thread :confused3

I'm so excited. :cool1::cool1:
We are booked for Aug 5. It will be something special for our last night.:wizard: Can't wait for some reviews to hear about the desserts.

okay, this totally bums me out (kinda sorta)... ds has major food allergies and all wdw desserts have been off limits except for the occasional ice cream or ice pop... so it's likely a dessert party will be a disaster for us... *and* sitting on the tomorrowland terrace to watch fireworks has been our family's "secrect" spot for *YEARS!* and now it won't be an option any more! wahhhhh! we love it because there are seats, it's near a bathroom, those that don't want to watch can easily get to space and buzz and stitch for a few extra rides... it's an easy to find each other place... and we usually bring our own drinks and dessert... now it's been RUINED by disney and it's bright ideas!

okay, vent over... continue on... ;)

I feel like I am banging my head on the against the wall.:badpc::furious: I can't find a CM that knows what I am talking about. They keep saying it is a $30 dinner!!!

This is my normal location for viewing the fireworks. Looks like we may have to get a reservation and try this out to ensure we have a good spot. Hmm.

I feel like I am banging my head on the against the wall.:badpc::furious: I can't find a CM that knows what I am talking about. They keep saying it is a $30 dinner!!!

Th CM I talked to called it the "Magic Kingdom Wishes dessert buffet". I don;t think it was under tomorrowland noodle station.

I just booked July 15th! Our last night of vacation, we fly home the next morning. What better way can I end the trip? So excited!!

I was able to book this today for Aug. 17th for DDs 10th Birthday!!! It sure beats the cost of some of those specialty cakes I've seen and sounds like way more fun!!!

This is where we always watch the fireworks, love being able to sit and watch. The only problem most of the resturant is covered and there are only a few seats (and a small area where you can see the fireworks. We get there early and since we it didnt cost anything I cant complain about the view but there is going to be a lot of disappointed people who won't be able to sit, eat and see the fireworks. :confused3

I have watched the fireworks from here many times. and yes if you are over at the noodle station area then it would be hard to see the fireworks. But from what I was told the seating is going to be on the other side (left side of the walk way if coming from main street) and those tables are going to be moved and more chairs added for seating prior to fireworks so everyone will have a seat and view of the fireworks. You never know if there is not enough room they move the viewing area down to that patio area in front of the Plaza Inn.

It's just for the summer! I was thinking of doing this but we aren't going til October.

Im sure this is a test and if it works out I can see them doing this year round.

they might add the MK dessert party as one of the event locations you can book for private parties or weddings..

I cant wait to find out what they plan to do. If they do block off the walk way and add seating then it will be worth it but if they do that then they will block access to the restroom for the Plaza Resturant and I wonder if they will do that?

I just booked July 15th! Our last night of vacation, we fly home the next morning. What better way can I end the trip? So excited!!

We are booked for July 15th as well (me and my ds). We never find a good spot for wishes..............everywhere we go its crowded , crowded, crowded. Hopefully this will be a great time!

:rotfl: My DW :lovestruc had me call to make reservations for the MK Dessert Party , which I did. :) Then I asked her where we had reservations for dinner that night:confused3 and she said, The Kona Cafe (Free Dining) at 6:15!

So I say, HUH?:confused: We are eating at 6:15 probably finishing a little after 7 and then going to MK for a DESSERT PARTY at 8. :scared: I think we should rethink the DESSERT PARTY! I mean how many chocolate strawberries can you eat after a full meal (which includes a dessert!) an hour earlier!:confused3

:idea:Maybe she can stuff some chocolate strawberries in her purse.:dance3:

This is where we always watch the fireworks, love being able to sit and watch. The only problem most of the resturant is covered and there are only a few seats (and a small area where you can see the fireworks. We get there early and since we it didnt cost anything I cant complain about the view but there is going to be a lot of disappointed people who won't be able to sit, eat and see the fireworks. :confused3

On the information you are given by the cast member at Disney Dining they specifically tell you that the Wishes viewing area is a "standing only" area. So most should know this when they book it if they are listening. Having seats would have been so perfect though but I am looking forward to trying it anyway. :)

Did anyone ask (or know) what kinds of desserts are going to be offered?

That was one thing I didn't ask my CM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter