MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) (Thread Now Closed, See New MK EMM FAQ Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does EMM give the opportunity for ‘empty’ Main Street photos now the opening process has changed for MK?

If you hung back and didn’t rush to the rides would this be possible or are all the other guests in the park at this point too?

Wasn’t sure if EMM guests get in slightly earlier than those with ADR or the general guests on Main Street.

This is our first visit to wdw and trying to figure out if there is still a way to get virtually empty photos with the castle?

Thanks

When we went last September, Main Street wasn't particularly empty, but there was a Photopass photographer standing at the left side of the castle, and we got some pretty nice shots there. We had to ask if he was taking pictures, and he didn't act like he really wanted to, but he did take several shots.

I’m still looking for feedback on any gluten free options at this event but haven’t found anything yet...even if anybody got a peek at someone else’s meal that was allergy-friendly, please let me know what it was? I am trying to figure out if I need to bring my own food.
When is your trip? I will be there the second week of June, and will be getting GF food for my DD. I can report after that. But may be too late for you?

When is your trip? I will be there the second week of June, and will be getting GF food for my DD. I can report after that. But may be too late for you?

Our EMM day isn’t until June 24th, so I would sincerely appreciate any reports after you go!

And- have a great time :)!

I’m still looking for feedback on any gluten free options at this event but haven’t found anything yet...even if anybody got a peek at someone else’s meal that was allergy-friendly, please let me know what it was? I am trying to figure out if I need to bring my own food.

Wish I could help. I have often seen families talking with a chef and what looks like plates brought from the back, but I have no clue what they are / how they got them / how they were arranged.

Hope someone comes along to help.

Does EMM give the opportunity for ‘empty’ Main Street photos now the opening process has changed for MK?

If you hung back and didn’t rush to the rides would this be possible or are all the other guests in the park at this point too?

Wasn’t sure if EMM guests get in slightly earlier than those with ADR or the general guests on Main Street.

This is our first visit to wdw and trying to figure out if there is still a way to get virtually empty photos with the castle?

Thanks

Granted opening procedures can vary daily and a minute or two here or there can mean a lot, but in my experience getting a ‘virtually empty’ castle photo is very, very difficult - if not impossible.

Remember that EMM and PPO ADR guests all line up on one side of the front entrance. Regular day guests line up on the other side. I have seen the EMM/PPO ADR group let in a few minutes before regular guests, and I have seen them both be let in at the same time. Regardless, you typically end up sharing Main Street with other folks when you try to get a pic.

I do think if you head to the Hub and let the initial wave of people get through (like, 2-5 minutes), you can get a decent moment where you will have fewer people in the background. But you’ll be eating into EMM time, so don’t linger too long.

Again, exact conditions can change daily so be prepared / stay on your toes, and don’t get too frustrated if you can’t get that ‘perfect’ shot. And if you do, bonus!

Good luck!

The OP Updates post two frequently. Check there first. They may not be available to book yet though.

Any more Nov dates coming out yet? I don't understand how you guys can see them, but I appreciate it :D

Looks like Tuesday 11/6 will be EMM. I've updated Post #2 with info.

FWIW, the only way I can "see" them is because that's in my "+10" ADR window right now and the dates show up on the Disney website. I keep a resort reservation that I modify from time to time to be 180 days out so I can see the +10 window. If any of that doesn't make sense, please ask - happy to explain.

So if we want to ride seven dwarfs as many times possible without a long wait...we should do PP then Winnie?

So if we want to ride seven dwarfs as many times possible without a long wait...we should do PP then Winnie?
Yes. Seven Dwarfs tend to be busier at the very beginning. You might need to wait for a couple of trains. And both Winnie and PP are walk on at any time during EMM. So, you are slightly better off riding Winnie and PP first.

DD10 and myself are now booked for October 23. At first, I had a lot of hesitancy about dropping another $140 on our trip. But everyone's reviews have swayed me in favor of it, and the more I've thought about it, I'm glad we're giving it a shot. DD10's favorite ride in MK is Seven Dwarfs, and it'll be a great chance for us to catch up on whatever rides we aren't able to take advantage of after our arrival day, when the full barrage of rides open.

Thanks to everyone for all of the great information included in this thread!::MickeyMo

Thank you! Is it strange that I'm booked Nov 10-15 yet I can't see any November dates when I look at the emm dates (not even the ones earlier in Nov)?

Thank you! Is it strange that I'm booked Nov 10-15 yet I can't see any November dates when I look at the emm dates (not even the ones earlier in Nov)?

It’s because you’re not at your 180 day mark yet. At the moment, you won’t be able to see past 11/3 (which is 180 days from today). Hope that makes sense.

I booked 11/6 yesterday when our ADR window opened for our 11/2-11/10 trip. I was so pleasantly surprised to see it! After seeing last year’s dates I didn’t expect it would be available. Very excited!

It’s because you’re not at your 180 day mark yet. At the moment, you won’t be able to see past 11/3 (which is 180 days from today). Hope that makes sense.

Thank you! I guess I thought I was closer to 180 days that I actually am!

I'd love to book the 11th but our flight doesn't even get in until 8PM on the 10th. Seems risky! Otherwise I'd have to do the 13th, and we are doing the Christmas party that night. Decisions!

Review of 5/8/18 EMM: Awesome event!

Family of 6 adults, 4 preschoolers (13 months-5). We were at Poly monorail and through security by 7:10 and waited until 7:25 for the first train to come by. Got checked in by 7:37. We were let in at 7:47. We took our time stopping for a few pictures.

All three rides were working plus the carousel. We rode 7DMT x 4, PP x 4, Pooh x 2. We could have done more but we weren’t on that kind of pace. At 9:00 we went to various rides...some to SM, some Buzz and some IaSW. Back for breakfast at 9:45, which was surprisingly good!

We were so happy our first choice of EMM dates,5-6, was not offered since that was my first choice and it was pouring rain that morning. Today we had beautiful clear, cool weather. We’d definitely do this again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter